[April Fools] Italy Confirmed

Godzilla was pretty amazing though and it was a very obvious joke, although I do recall people actually believing it.

Spoiler :

He had a beard!
The theories are almost correct!
Next civs will have bearded leaders, male and female!

Hmm... it is a great leader icon, but I'm not buying it, I think Sukritact made it as an April Fool's joke. Come on, the guy's awesome with artwork stuff for mods, he could have easily done that. It is also not suspicious at all that he decided to post it a few minutes after April Fool's starts where he is. Nice prank, though :lol:

I take the fact that sukritact is another Italy supporter as proof that this is a genuine leak and not a joke.
Why would he make such a cruel joke on other Italy supporters?:shifty:

A cruel joke on Italy supporters alone? I would think some other dark-horse supporters would probably be crushed as well. You are a cruel, cruel person, Sukritact! :cry: (Probably.)

Do you think this as actual proof or a cheap pun alone?

While I've little doubt this is a hoax, Lorenzo de Medici is an interesting choice in the face of Italian king like Victor Emanuelle II or national heroes like Garibaldi. Lorenzo was famous as a patron of the Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Boticelli, to name a few of Italy's cornucopia of vitruosos. He'd be very appropos for a unique ability that emphasizes great works.

Its a joke, don't worry guys all will be revealed tomorrow...

When the real civ is revealed to be Latvia! :lol:

Nah, it'd be Malta. All of us people basing our theories off the new CS Sofia will be shocked to find that it's not replacing Budapest, Hanoi, or Almaty, but Valletta.

why the italy supporters? we only wanted an interesting civ to be in the game. is that so wrong? we were hoping for good and not evil

Punny. At least we know where Devs/Sukritact got it from. My guess is Sukritact.

I still think this should've been named: "Italy Confirmed [Maybe]"

We even had a spoof for it...

I agree on renaming, but Sukritact has denied it and to me seems unlikely an Italy supporter would do something that will end up disappointing other Italy supporters. Maybe the source is playing a practical joke on Sukritact? I guess we will find out soon enough.

I know. I'm just saying Firaxis isn't busted (unless the point truly was to just make a pun).

While I've little doubt this is a hoax, Lorenzo de Medici is an interesting choice in the face of Italian king like Victor Emanuelle II or national heroes like Garibaldi. Lorenzo was famous as a patron of the Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Boticelli, to name a few of Italy's cornucopia of vitruosos.

As well as Assassins. ;)

Just puked in my mouth.

EDIT: ...and realized its April Fools day in some places already.

please no Italy. I rather have the prehistoric age Firaxis promised last April.

I'd say that using two colors on the background would be a viable choice since it would represent the dicotomycal nature of the Mediccis and Italy, between light and dusk...

Louis XXIV said:
Firaxis often uses real sources like that when making leaderheads.

Yes, in making the leaderscenes (so 3d models, which they eventually animate and change the camera, so the reference isn't so obvious) they do... But the icons are always more similar to the model and I don't think there's any leader icon that fits so perfectly on a real reference:

So I'd say, false, but amazingly done... At any rate, should an Italian civ be made, Lorenzo is truly an interesting option, except from the sad fact he got no beard.... :D

please no Italy. I rather have the prehistoric age Firaxis promised last April.

Well, now I wish I had seen that April Fool's joke...

I agree on renaming, but Sukritact has denied it and to me seems unlikely an Italy supporter would do something that will end up disappointing other Italy supporters. Maybe the source is playing a practical joke on Sukritact? I guess we will find out soon enough.

Well, people make ill-considered decisions all the time. In this case, a thread was started called "Italy Confirmed", and then when confirmation was requested, the response was "sorry, I can't confirm that". Kinda fishy.

The very notion that this came from a confidential source that doesn't want to go on record suggests that someone somewhere along the line is not trustworthy.

Well, people make ill-considered decisions all the time. In this case, a thread was started called "Italy Confirmed", and then when confirmation was requested, the response was "sorry, I can't confirm that". Kinda fishy.

The very notion that this came from a confidential source that doesn't want to go on record suggests that someone somewhere along the line is not trustworthy.

Oh come on :)
It was a nice joke, nothing more! :king:
Also, the icon is wonderful, usual Sukritact quality!

Top Bottom