Honor

Immortal
Current Version and Compatibility
------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: Arcane Mastery version 0.41a.03 (Download) - 2.38 MB
Compatibility: Fall from Heaven 2 0.41, Patch "a"

Running Arcane Mastery with Other FfH 2 Modmods
As is, Arcane Mastery is not compatible with any other modmod that modifies units, spells, promotions or buildings in any way. However I can produce a compatible version upon request. Alternatively, you could ask the author of the modmod you wish to run Arcane Mastery with to include it in their own modmod, which would be totally awesome (i.e. "Less work for me, yay!" :))

Current Compatibility Versions:
Orbis: Arcane Mastery 0.41a.03 for Orbis 0.24 B
TweakMod (Outdated): Arcane Mastery 0.41a.03 for FFH TweakMod Update 6/25

What is Arcane Mastery?
Arcane Mastery is an FfH 2 modmod that aims to improve the roleplaying value of arcane units by enhancing their promotion paths. You will no longer feel your archmages have reached the pinnacle of their arcane power after getting a few useful Tier III spells. They will now be able to specialize in certain arcane paths to unlock some of the most devastating spells and abilities ever seen on Erebus.

What are these new Arcane paths?
Spoiler Upgrade Paths :

Spoiler New Promotions :

Spoiler New Spells :

Download and Installation Instructions
1.) Make sure you are running Fall from Heaven 2 0.41 with Patch "a".
2.) Download Arcane Mastery from here.
3.) Make a copy of your original FfH 2 folder (FfH 2 folder is \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2, unless you installed it somewhere else).
4.) Extract the Arcane Mastery zip file into your original FfH 2 Folder, overwriting everything. If overwrite prompt does not appear, you are doing it wrong.
5.) To uninstall, delete your original FfH 2 folder, and rename the copy folder you made to "Fall from Heaven 2".

##########################################

Known/Reported Bugs:
None.

Currently Unavailable Spells:
Arcane Shield, Leviathan, Wrath, Twilight, Armageddon.

Spoiler To-Do List :
* Create new national units that are upgrades of the Archmage. Thinking of "Atronach" at level 12 (max instances:2) and "Ascended" at level 20 (max instances:1). This is mostly for cosmetic purposes, i.e. to exchange the wimpy archmage graphics with something more fitting and intimidating.
* Create and use new art for Tree of Life and Holy Avenger units (currently they use Treant and Sphener graphics respectively).
* Make Shooting Stars glow with a blue flame in game (instead of the regular fireball flame).
* Implement the remaining spells.
* Learn how to code spells in the DLL for new effects.
* Port over to FF and Orbis if there is demand.

Spoiler Changelog :
Version 0.41a.04 (Unreleased)
* Shooting Stars spell now summons 3 Stars.
* Shooting Stars now have 2 base strength and do 30% avg. collateral damage (up to 90%).
* Judgement spell nerfed to inflict 50% up to 60% damage.
* Curse spell now has a range of 2 tiles.
Version 0.41a.03
* [Bug Fix] Basium and Hyborem are no longer immortal (sorry guys, this was a leftover from my personal FfH 2 modifications).
Version 0.41a.02
* [Bug Fix] Tree of Life building now grants the Touch of Life promotion as intended.
Version 0.41a.01
* Initial release.

##########################################

New spell ideas, comments and ruthless criticism strongly encouraged! :)

I love the ideas you put there. Seems very powerful but you do have to nurture your mages to get them there. Me WANNA! Would it be hard to port to Orbis?

It looks really, really good!

I'v downloaded it. But methinks the Amurites should have something extra, like spells or something.

I love the ideas you put there. Seems very powerful but you do have to nurture your mages to get them there. Me WANNA! Would it be hard to port to Orbis?

It'll probably be easy peasy, though I've never ported anything anywhere before so I'll try and see I guess :) I'll do it after finishing up with the remaining spells and adding the new national units.

It looks really, really good!

I'v downloaded it. But methinks the Amurites should have something extra, like spells or something.

Hmmm. Interesting idea, could work well :) Any spell ideas for the Amurites?

Humm I think I would put law on the dark path and I would scratch my head wondering why elemental magic is on the dark path. BUT after thinking about it, it is true that the magic for most of the elemental spheres are from the Orbs of power and propagated by Agares; I can see how even what would appear to be good is in fact a dark act. All that to say I like it ;)

One more thing to ask (e.g. beg) someone to add to the tweakmod/base FFH/Orbis
This thing owns :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

@Honor: Wow! Great mod!

@Valk: Please please please please put this into FF Plus. :)

@cyther: When will you finish your Hinterlands/Wilderlands feature? :)

Humm I think I would put law on the dark path and I would scratch my head wondering why elemental magic is on the dark path. BUT after thinking about it, it is true that the magic for most of the elemental spheres are from the Orbs of power and propagated by Agares; I can see how even what would appear to be good is in fact a dark act. All that to say I like it ;)
I'm glad you like it. I never considered putting the law sphere on the dark path, though, as I've always thought of it as the single closest sphere to the good alignment as it is defined in FfH (i.e. demon-smiting, holy-wrathful goodness of the mercurian kind).
One more thing to ask (e.g. beg) someone to add to the tweakmod/base FFH/Orbis
This thing owns :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Thanks blade117, glad you like it :D
Yes, I would enjoy putting it in Rise of Darkness too.
W00t, another modder interested in my work! :D Thank you, cyther. I'd love to see my ideas incorporated by as many mods as possible, so you are welcome to steal and change it any way you see fit.
@Honor: Wow! Great mod!

@Valk: Please please please please put this into FF Plus. :)

Thank you razzach! :)

It is almost finished. I got a little sidetracked by RL (finals are not fun and I have them all this week and into the next :cry:) and adding another civ into my mod but the only thing that would stop me from releasing this friday would be FfH updating to 3.19.

This mod only feeds my love of the Arcane tree. I only have one thought about something that may cause problems, the destroyer and protector promotions. If you have them rigged like the normal immortal promotion they will be lost on death.

I'm glad you like it. I never considered putting the law sphere on the dark path, though, as I've always thought of it as the single closest sphere to the good alignment as it is defined in FfH (i.e. demon-smiting, holy-wrathful goodness of the mercurian kind).
...:)

true true seeing that I tend to prop up the Mercurians in the same way..., I was thinking more in terms of Fascism the ultimate force of law.

I love this idea, as I am a big fan of specialization in games. Looking forward to giving it a try! You seemed to have balanced the various spheres well, too. One request, though: Please don't go crazy with new spells and mechanics. We don't need water1+earth2 creating a new spell called "mud" or something.

As for the Amurites, there have been many threads suggesting spells and improvements. I'd rather leave that for mods like Amurite+, and have this effect all civs equally.

It could be interesting to have the various magic Towers either effect or be a prerequisite for the various "Mastery of ______" levels.

Question: How would I go about having this and TweakMod installed at once? Or is that not possible?

I love this idea, as I am a big fan of specialization in games. Looking forward to giving it a try! You seemed to have balanced the various spheres well, too. One request, though: Please don't go crazy with new spells and mechanics. We don't need water1+earth2 creating a new spell called "mud" or something.
Oh no nothing like that, I promise :lol: I've been focusing on what happens after Tier III until now. It will probably remain that way.

As for the Amurites, there have been many threads suggesting spells and improvements. I'd rather leave that for mods like Amurite+, and have this effect all civs equally.
That was my initial intent, actually. Amurites already get a head start with Govannon and their caves. But if I see a well-balanced suggestion to implement an Amurite-only feature, I might just do that :mischief:
It could be interesting to have the various magic Towers either effect or be a prerequisite for the various "Mastery of ______" levels.
Hmm, mmm, yeah why not. Magic towers aside, I really want to be able to check if the player has all the mana types required for the uber promotions (i.e. to get the Master of the Elements promotion, the player would need to have access to Fire, Water, Air and Earth mana at the time of the upgrade. For the Destroyer promotion, those four PLUS the necro mana types, and Omnipotence would require all 16 to be present).

This is outside my skillset at the moment though. I'll need to code new XML tags for the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file. It's DLL-level stuff, so I need time to figure things out.
Question: How would I go about having this and TweakMod installed at once? Or is that not possible?
It was not possible until I made this ;)

(Report if you find any bugs, will ya?)

On second thought, requiring all 16 mana types for Omnipotence might be a bit over the board :lol: It's like ToM victory PLUS a lot of chore. I am ditching the requirements for Protector, Destroyer and Omnipotence, so that all paths are attainable with 4 mana nodes + metamagic. If, and until, Kael decides to do something about the 4 mana nodes + metamagic route to ToM in the main mod that is.

Making each promotion require mana types should be easy for FF when I import this... not sure about FfH, however.

That is great, I'll just go steal some code then :D gotta love xienwolf.

Haha this is awesome!
Spoiler FF Promotion Schema :
<element type="PrereqAlignments" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqbAllowNULLUnitCombat" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqBonusANDs" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqBonusORs" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqBroadAlignment" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqBuildingANDs" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqBuildingORs" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqCivics" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqCivilizations" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="PrereqCorporations" minOccurs="0"/>