Arcane Mastery for FfH 2

FfH2 0.41b they updated it to patch 3.19, if your mod isn't it will probably crash...

The new Tweakmod compatibility version BETA is up (Download). This is supposed to be for FfH 2 0.41 Patch b. Install it over the new Tweakmod update and see if it works. If it doesn't work, you can always reinstall the latest Tweakmod update and everything will revert back to normal.

Do not forget to share your findings! :)

i love ur idea of arcane master mod. however, just got a little problem about it. the fact is that, in order to achieve monipotency, u should be around lv 50. of course if u could get over 50 mana nods, it is much easier:D. it is sort of mission impossible to get omnipotency, more difficult than achieve victory. a good trait should be achievable, is n't it?
here are some of my ideas:
take elemental magic for example.
firstly, move the master of fire and water and master of earth and air trait as the promotion for buiding tower of elements. the requirement for master of elements are, lv12 min, tower of elments, tier 2 entry of all elments. requirement for destroyer are, lv 16, master of elements or master of nanmancracy. the omnipotency requirements are lv 20 min, destroyer and protector.

the same with light side. and all the trait when u achive each step should be rewarded automatically, i mean u dont need to level up to get the trait. i guess now it may be achievable if u are lucky. i really dont want to use my only mage to wipe out the whole map to achieve omnipotency.

Hey Rantis, thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forums! :)

Great suggestions there, similar to Verdian's. I'll implement a similar system except for the "OR" requirement you suggest for Protector and Destroyer. Those promotions are designed to be really hard to get since they are supposed to be very powerful (not yet, since they do not give any spells yet, but when they do, they may be very imbalancing with the OR prereq instead of AND).

no, I really meant Meteo. I believe it was the first and incorrect translation from Japanese from their fire spell, or dark spell, or Sephiroths spell, or something.

I've realised that Im not entirely certain where it started but the name is a solid reference.

Still, you could always name it Sephiroth's Wish as a replacement spell for a Grigori archmage.

Meteo was called that because Final Fantasy had a 5 character limit for spell names, so yo see it was really supposed to be Meteor but there was a bug and it became Meteo.:lol:

I think it would be awesome to have art changes with the extra damage and abilities that come with going down the evil and good paths. for example as a archmage starts down the evil path they could turn demonic and actually transform into a demon (demonic and angelic transformation) when they become a destroyer/(protector). - and for omniscience they could turn into an mini Aruic ascended (with different art).

Another ability the units could get as they become stronger is the ability to cast multiple spells - like being able to cast all(one of each) 4 types of elemental spells(in one turn) when they are master elementalists. in other words cast one earth, fire, water, air spell in one turn. And the same for the other spell spheres.

another idea to separate mages abilities rather than just the oldest = strongest is to have a small random chance (2%?) to gain 5xp per turn in addition to the slow progression of xp. That way some lucky mages will differentiate from the rest as being master mages.

BTW i really really like this mod. I have always thought it would be cool to spend the time and raise up really powerful mages as well as make them really difficult to attain - and new powerful spells are way fun. Some people think uber spells are game ending... if so, IMHO they should be as difficult to attain as other victory conditions and truly be game ending :D

:mischief: I want a port to Orbis :)

@sputnik323: I will probably implement your art idea. For multicast, I might make the twincast promotion avaliable after Protector/Destoyer to that effect. A D&D Sorcerer style spell progression for mages might also be a good idea, but my coding skills are inadequate to implement anything like that at the moment. Lucky Mage can be a promotion that is granted as a mutation.

@civ_king: Coming right up. You have to do the testing though ;)

I need feedback for the Orbis version to put it in the first post. Anyone?

I need feedback for the Orbis version to put it in the first post. Anyone?

I am trying your modmod under Orbis. It seems working properly - but I have reached only master of air+earth and master of body+ench. Need much more XP for my archmages and mana nodes :).

Does your mod increase mana nodes spawning number?

Thank you very much Imrahil66. No, it does not tamper with mana nodes in any way :)

hi can u make this , compaitble with the mod of leader enchanced and elohim mod too?? thx :)

Tried it in an orbis game (orbis .24B) as the grigori on a small map. I'm consistently getting CTD on around turn 65 or so. I'm going to try another game (again with the grigori) to try and see if I can get it to work better for me that way.

-Colin

Edit: Is there is any way you can put in wild mana type options that allow for more mana nodes? As it is, I practically have to win a domination victory before I get enough mana nodes to get more than 4 on a small map - on large ones it is slightly easier, but not much.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0065.CivBeyondSwordSave
    118.4 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom