ARCHIVED: Discussion Topic - Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got what I think is a decent version of the Portable Beam Weapon large icon. But I'm having trouble getting a good looking small out of it. Here's the RGB version of it. If anyone wants to take a crack at a small icon, feel free.

I like it a lot BM. The legs look very much like an office swivel chair - in fact I wish I had one of those PBWs for the office.

I like it a lot BM. The legs look very much like an office swivel chair - in fact I wish I had one of those PBWs for the office.
I think the original artist did use the legs of an office chair, as well as pieces of an electrolux vacuum cleaner, amongst other things.

1. Well, here's a more SteamPunk than Googie version of the Portable Beam Generator. I'm more confident I can get a good small icon from it as well. What do you think?

2. Here's a placeholder for the Ada Lovelace Institute Wonder

View attachment 188413

3. I've finally got my raw images for the current work organized (mostly). Expect more results in the nearly near future.

I now have this image to work with:

The original of what I posted above as the Mars Foreign Office is not red.

If I adjust the tint on the pyramid image, the flat sands will work well for Mars & the sky will will be pink/reddish, leaving the one with craggy mountain scape for the Lunar wonder. I can also rework that one so that there is a starry sky rather than ominous clouds.

Thoughts?

If I adjust the tint on the pyramid image, the flat sands will work well for Mars & the sky will will be pink/reddish, leaving the one with craggy mountain scape for the Lunar wonder. I can also rework that one so that there is a starry sky rather than ominous clouds.

Thoughts?

Won't the "ominous clouds" even look better?

My thoughts about the FO buildings is that they should look quaint and out of place. Something that the British would build at home transplanted to Mars or the Moon. Essentially just a fancy building with a bacground of red mars dust or white moon rock and rubble. I think that would be more fun.

My thoughts about the FO buildings is that they should look quaint and out of place. Something that the British would build at home transplanted to Mars or the Moon. Essentially just a fancy building with a bacground of red mars dust or white moon rock and rubble. I think that would be more fun.
Actually, I had started thinking along the same lines. I'd like to try these figures with a background like you suggest:
thumbnail

I can CnP solely the figures onto an appropriate background, and similarly add a suitable colonial building (I'm thinking Anglo-Indian*), then reduce the whole to a monochromatic image - like the reddish one I posted above for Mars and a pale Lunar one. I'm thinking identical figures & identical building, different landscape. A little Terry Gilliam, a little Max Ernst.

Khalsa College
Victoria Terminus
Victoria Memorial
Mysore Palace
Valluvar Kottam

IMHO Victoria Memorial is aesthetically the best choice, but ultimately it
depends on which one works better on the technical side.

EDIT:

This is an extremely quick, raw, and dirty mockup to show what I mean -

I could do something similar, but with NASA Mars imagery for the landscape. & obviously better color matching & edge smoothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom