Archmage requirements

Demiansky

Chieftain
Hey guys, I was wondering how an individual would go about changing the XP and tech requirements for Archmages? I found their spot in the Civ4UnitInfo file and what I believe is the level requirement (minlevel).

I was considering removing the tech requirement from mages and arch mages and raising both of their XP requirements instead.

Also, how would I remove the national unit limit from archmages as well should I be interested in doing so?

Thanks in advance.

It should all be there in the XML.

Example:
UNITCLASS_MAGE
UNIT_MAGE
has tech prereq sorcery. If you change this to none, you will be able to build a mage with any level 4 unit. Don't forget to also change it for archmages and illusionists though.
to change min level, you can change iMinLevel (found at the bottom of the xml stuff) to whatever you want.

National unit is another XML value.

-Colin

There is no such thing as an xp requirement, only a level requirement.

National and world limits on units are defined for the unitclass, in CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml.

Hm, I made the changes but see no difference. I'm using the Wild Mana Mod too, but the file changes were made in the FFH folder (I didn't see any unit files in any Wild Mana folders.) Any thoughts?

did you make the changes in the wild mana mod folders? If you make the changes in the FFH folder, it will only affect the one FFH install that the folder is in, as wild mana and any other mod that asks that you make a copy (or automatically makes a copy) of the FFH directory are then only affected by that directory's files.

-Colin

Top Bottom