Are there any "post-colonial" mods outthere?

Anba02

Chieftain
Hi fellow colonizers!

I've been playing this game ever since the first one came out in the nineties and i am still anoyed over the fact that it says that it's about nationbuilding but yet it ends as soon as the last royal regular are wiped out.

Ok i admit i am quite of a boomer this subject but i only play vanilla. Sure ive played mods like RnR and similar. I have the deepest respect for what the modders have done with this game but it's not really what iv'e been looking for.

C4C is a game about revolution so it makes great sense to my that it is so eeeh boring. I mean you get hooked to it but after having done the same stuff over and over again naturaly you get fed up and rebel (especially since the soundtrack ar so bad). But when the war is won you only get a cut scene and a score count as you leave. there ought to be a mod where you can save your last turn and restart as a completly new civilization!

are there any mods like that? or are there any mods that are still playable after independence?

are there any mods that are still playable after independence?
Sure, WTP allows you to play after independence.

You just have to deactivate "Independence Victory" as Victory condition.
All you need to do is "Start a Custom Game" / "Start a Custom Scenario"and make your settings like that.

But that has been possible all the time - already in TAC and RaR as well. :dunno:
Your game never had to end after War of Independence, you could simply have continued.

However that does not change the gameplay or the content of the game. (It is still the same game after WOI.)
There simply is no mod out there yet, that adds new game content after War of Independence.

Hi!

Oh yeah! i've seen that one. :) I actually allways custom my games. Well i was actually more into a feature were you at least actually changed your countrys name, flag and got access to the outher european markets like in the first one.

I read somewere about a mod with a tec tree? Do you know anything about that raystuttgart?

I was thinking that if i where to do a mod i would like to start from the vanilla version since it's so bad that naturaly one just have to rebell. I would also like to ad a bit postcolonial theory to the game by having the points gained during the colonial part of the game be redistrubated as "science points". This would mean that the features of the founding fathers woud be part of the traits of the newly founded nation and the tec advances would function acording to the same principle as the founding fathers. However there shold be a catch. Each tec require a set amount of education points.

Top Bottom