Are we going to lack a resource later.

Now that we have a recent map from FREE we can see four of the eleven tile islands. SCI has iron, horses and saltpeter. The one near BABEland (which we do not have a complete view of) has iron and horses. FREE #1 (with Dusty Harbor) has iron, horses and saltpeter but FREE #2 (with Sid City) has only horse and saltpeter - no iron. What does The Council make of that?

My first thought was that key resources for the IA/MA would only be on these small islands, to cause a scramble and fight for these islands.

Pure guesswork though.

Our home continent has horses, iron, coal and oil. So far we lack only rubber though we could still be missing aluminum and/or uranium.

Maybe we'll all lack one resource which will then be on the island between two teams?

This is material for a new Clairvoyance poll!

This year old statement bears looking into. I did a quick inventory of what we can see on the eleven tilers. We can see every tile except the center tile of the island near BABE - but that almost surely contains ivory like the other four. Here is the strategic resource inventory:

SCI: iron, horses, saltpeter, rubber

Island NW of SABER: iron, horses, rubber

Island NW of GONG: iron, horses, saltpeter, rubber

Island NW of BABE: (2) iron, horses, saltpeter

Island NW of FREE: horses, saltpeter, coal, rubber

The one near SABER has only three resources while the one near BABE has only three different resources. SCI and the one near GONG have identical resources. I had hoped to see a pattern but I don't.

Back to sirdanilot's remark. On our mainland we have iron, horses, (2) saltpeter, coal, oil and (2) uranium. We lack rubber which is on SCI.

We can see (2) iron, (2) saltpeter, coal, oil and uranium on GONG's mainland. They also have rubber on a one-tile island. :hmm: Note we cannot see all of GONG's mainland. So they may also need to import rubber though they have two island sources.

We do have FREE's map and can see (2) iron, horses, coal, rubber, oil and uranium on their mainland. FREE has to import saltpeter.

We can't see much of BABE but we can see horses and oil.

We can see even less of SABER but they have (2) iron, horses, saltpeter and uranium in view. We know they have one source of rubber. We can see only one of their one tile islands.

Can anyone pick out any useful patterns here?

I think that each 11 tiler holds a resource that doesn't show up on the mainland and that they were set up so that no civ lacked a resource that they needed to make their UU. BABE had horses (but no iron), we had saltpeter and iron (but no rubber), SABER has horses and Saltpeter (but I would BET they dont' have aluminum except on their island), GONG had iron but no saltpeter, and FREE has a resource-less UU anyway.

That would mean that we have Aluminum on our island. We should probably prioritize any space ship parts that require rubber, as that is the most likely resource we will lose if/when we get attacked...

Top Bottom