Ares de Borg's Terrain (a community compilation)

question on installing i have civ 3 complete do i install this in conquests folder only. example: conquests/art/terrain folder.? thanks in advance.
You've got two choices when installing terrain files. If you want to use it for all your games then install it in conquests/art/terrain, if you just want to use it in a particular mod then install it in the conquests/scenarios/mymod(or whatever)/art/terrain folder.

I hope Ares doesn't mind me answering a question in his forum, but every second he spends answering questions is a second he can't be working on his new terrain pack. :D

You've got two choices when installing terrain files. If you want to use it for all your games then install it in conquests/art/terrain, if you just want to use it in a particular mod then install it in the conquests/scenarios/mymod(or whatever)/art/terrain folder.

I hope Ares doesn't mind me answering a question in his forum, but every second he spends answering questions is a second he can't be working on his new terrain pack. :D
Thanks Keroro thats what i thought just wanted to make sure before i did something stupid. I allready put it in one of my scenarios it looks great nice detail cant wait for the newer version.:)

I really like your terrain pack very much.it is the best ive seen so far i have put it in most of my games and when i start modding this is what i will use.it makes a huge difference in the looks of the game congrats on this very nice improvement to the game.:goodjob:

D., I'm sorry but there won't be any more work on this pack. Maybe I can do a green version of my 2nd pack, but the terrain has to be finished first.

d.highland - you could try asking Centaur if he would consider helping you out. He's just posted a terrain pack of Blue terrain and Red seas here.

All I want is the colour of the water changed, not the entire terrain. Centaur only changed the colours, if he used Ares' pack, and edited the water, I could then.

I just moved from another site.

I was reading this awesome thread and tried to download this file but the link says Error: File not found??

Thanks for any help and by the way the images look awesome:goodjob:

Ok, mybad, pain meds got me a little clouded

I tried Mirror site two and it is downloading

My apologies for this old bump:sad:

I am playing a large,long and thoroughly enjoyable personal scenario.

I added this and man is it sweet looking!

I am off to look if anyone has done a goods (if that is correct term) for furs,cattle,horses,iron, ect.

It is a testament to time that even after all this time, someone finds great pleasure in your creation

My sincerest thanks!

Grandpa Troll

Greetings Ares, I am giving your terrain a trial in Theov's newest mod. It definitely gives it a very different look, especially the Sea and Ocean tiles.

Ares, one thing that I like about your terrain is the ice flows in the coastal hexes when the shoreline is Tundra terrain. I also like the irrigation tile overlay. All in all, I am quite happy with it.

I might make a change, too ;)
What would you recommend?
Ares terrain has a much more distinctive look than the standard terrain. However, I much prefer your Barbarian Camps to Ares, which look too much like Goodie Huts. For resources, I am using Pounder's Resource Pack as modified by Vuldacon with added resources. This gives me a lot more resources to work with, like Sperm and Right Whales, the Buffalo as Plains Game, and Corn and Potatoes as additional food resources (the Potato is restricted to Hill and Mountains, which makes cities in mountains more supportable). Corn has a much higher yield than Wheat in the Real World, so can have a higher yield for food in the game. Just make it available along with Potatoes with Navigation. That may get the AI to research that.

For units, I would love to have the Churchill Tank from Test of Time for the English, along with the various infantry units for the different countries, as I have modified their combat values to reflect the Real World as I see it. Another addition would be the Heavy Bomber from World War 2 in the Pacific I might have to send you Vuldacon's Resources Pack for you to look at. I will have to see if it has crocodiles. With Flintlock's patch, they could be a strategic resource for the Crocodile Knights.

Overall, I like what you have done with the Naval Units, and the Ocean Liner is great. Having specific Barbarian Units is also greatly appreciated. I have boosted the hit points to make them Veterans. I tend to like strong Barbarian Units.

I know that this is asking a lot, and as I have said, I am enjoying the Mod.

I'd love to expand on the resources, especially in the water and later in the game. If it overflows, the game doesnt understand what to do with it anymore.
I made the barbarians stronger, but too strong isnt fun anymore.
Maybe adding a hit point is not a bad idea.
I am also going to give the wonder-made units to require upkeep. Otherwise they are too OP.

Top Bottom