Arioch's Analyst Thread

Not only that, but they seem to be two different builds. One screen shot has the "adopt" button in blue and some branches grayed-out, the other has the adopt button in black with a lock. Or are the different colors just because he has enough points to unlock a branch in the second shot?

Only of excees food? I find that a bit strange...
I thought it would be for the food production each citizen makes on its tile...

Just count the numbers in the screenshot:
13 food produced by tiles - 5 citizens @ 2 food each = 3 food spare. +25% gives the 3.75 growth shown in the screen. Or you can assume that "We love the king day" gives 5.76923% additional food if you want to get the numbers right.

What is the Difference between Greyed Out and Full Color Then?

There are three current statuses for policies:
Colored, but with a 'locked' status (For policy trees that you can, but haven't unlocked), Colored with a full view of the policies (for trees you've unlocked)
Greyed out, locked trees (Ones you can't purchase yet because of era requirements).

There's no indication that you are permanently blocked from buying policies that conflict with your current ones. My guess is that if you switch, you disable all benefits from the contradictory policy tree, and enter a period of anarchy.

The graphics have changed from build to build. Those two screenshots are from different builds of the game. They were posted in different previews at different times. Greyed out usually meant locked out, but in some builds it turned color and showed the lock icon when you moused over.

My god having checked youre web page Arioch wow the Patronage branch of the Social policy synergizes well with Greece and Siam. The Educated Elite in particular is quite good. Allied city-states giving you Great People seems way overpowered. But which type of Great Person would be recieved?

My god having checked youre web page Arioch wow the Patronage branch of the Social policy synergizes well with Greece and Siam. The Educated Elite in particular is quite good. Allied city-states giving you Great People seems way overpowered. But which type of Great Person would be recieved?

Probably depends on the type of the city state? Military ones would gift great generals, cultured would gift maybe engineers or artists and maritime would gift ... scientists and prophets?

That would be cool but some of those seem very forced.

Probably depends on the type of the city state? Military ones would gift great generals, cultured would gift maybe engineers or artists and maritime would gift ... scientists and prophets?

Prophets won't be in CiV just to tell you.

The lock Icons on the social policies don't indicate a required tech for two reasons:

A.) There's a lock on Tradition and Honor, which are available from the start.

B.) In the Social Policy screenshot that has all the locks, the Player is researching Scientific Method ~ So clearly he has reached all prerequisite eras that unlock the policy trees.

There are three current statuses for policies:
Colored, but with a 'locked' status (For policy trees that you can, but haven't unlocked), Colored with a full view of the policies (for trees you've unlocked)
Greyed out, locked trees (Ones you can't purchase yet because of era requirements).

Would appear correct.

What about what I said earlier ? the lock is only when your culture isn't sufficient enough to "buy" a new policie.

Policy branch that are out of reach are all black.
Policy branch that are not yet adopted shows shows the "adoption bar" locked or unlocked depending on your cultural status.
Social policies shows grey when locked or unreachable, blue while unlocked and reachable, and yellow if already adopted.

Library :
+ 1 :science: science for every 2 citizens in this city.
1 :gold: Maintenance
1 scientist ... 3 :science: each

Attachments

• library.png
    library.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 494
Top Bottom