Arioch's Analyst Thread

Take a look at this baby :

A flavoured Roman General !!!!! Arrrggggggg, I'm dying ! :drool:

Attachments

• RomanGG.jpg
    RomanGG.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 721
From this jeuxactu.com preview as well (the translation is mine) : "Rich but easy-to-learn, Civ5 seems to be on its way to shine, AI-wise."

I'm gonna pass out.

I know it's a demo game and stuff, but someone just spend about 200:gold: to buy a mountain :cry:

edit: I also hope they moved the Settler before building Rome. That's horrid as a starting location. One West of the pink hex would be good though.
On the one hand, purchasing that mountain does mean his next border expansion/tile purchase can grab that nice silver (I think) hex.

And really. Wouldn't you pay $200 for a mountain!

On the one hand, purchasing that mountain does mean his next border expansion/tile purchase can grab that nice silver (I think) hex.

And really. Wouldn't you pay $200 for a mountain!

Yes, too bad the city doesn't have enough food to feed all those miners:

Spoiler :

Nice defensive locations there in the gaps of those mountain chains. Not much use for the Romans of course, but I wonder whether we will see that a lot. As a builder you could put 4-5 cities behind the mountains, plug the gaps in the chain and use the city states as buffers.

Ancien Régime is revised at +2 culture per city as seen at jeuxvideopc.com and Monaco is Cultured, Irrational.

Screenshot or written? Either way, I'm glad to see the Ancien Regime boost. The French UA looked quite weak. Helpful for a slight early help, but quickly unimportant. If you need 200 for Social Policy 4 or 5, then getting an extra 3-5 culture, while helpful, isn't that awesome. Put it up to 8-10, and that Social Policy advantage resonates. And since no UU until Musketeers, you'll need every advantage you can get as the French.

Screenshot or written? Either way, I'm glad to see the Ancien Regime boost. The French UA looked quite weak. Helpful for a slight early help, but quickly unimportant. If you need 200 for Social Policy 4 or 5, then getting an extra 3-5 culture, while helpful, isn't that awesome. Put it up to 8-10, and that Social Policy advantage resonates. And since no UU until Musketeers, you'll need every advantage you can get as the French.

I think that's their motto. Either way I think it's a wise change.

Edits:

Also, I'm rather certain the last icon in Archaeology is Le Louvre, and that's the Porcelain Tower under Education. (sorry for the crappy picture for the tower)
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Screenshot or written?
Screenshot. Thanks, Rabbit.

I notice in the recent batch of shots that the Worker is now more expensive than the Settler.

And I suspect the pink Babylonian may be correct. I will see you your Louvre, and raise you a Porcelain Tower (Education, 4th item).

edit: Doh!

And I do believe that gives us pretty much every item in the tree, with the exception of special abilities.

Screenshot. Thanks, Rabbit.

I notice in the recent batch of shots that the Worker is now more expensive than the Settler.

And I suspect the pink Babylonian may be correct. I will see you your Louvre, and raise you a Porcelain Tower (Education, 4th item).

edit: Doh!

And I do believe that gives us pretty much every item in the tree, with the exception of special abilities.

Um, could you link to said screenshot? :). All the jeuxactu shots I saw were as playing the Romans... They have French shots, too?

From your website. I think this "Easter egg" unit sounds pretty cool. Why do you think it's lame?

Special Secret Unit. Producer Dennis Shirk: "We are adding a really, really awesome unit with an 'interesting' title to it. And you have to play a certain way to unlock it. It just isn't going to happen by accident; it's a combination of things you'll have to do. I know I'm being vague about it, but it's probably the most awesome unit in the game. You're not going to find it in the Civilopedia or the unit list, you're just going to find out that you can build it during one session."
Assuming it's not a joke, that sounds pretty lame to me.

I like how the farms blend together on the screenshots from jeuxvideopc.com. This is how susurb should be like! Amazing job done by the art team! I love them!

From your website. I think this "Easter egg" unit sounds pretty cool. Why do you think it's lame?
There are never enough unit graphics, and never enough regional "flavor" unit variationss. The maximum number of unit graphics is limited only by time and art budget (and disk space and RAM). This "easter egg" unit that almost no one will ever see is taking art budget and game resources away from regular units that everyone could see that would make the game better.

jeuxvideopc says in their article (no screenie) that the Citizen Ship (sic) policy allows workers to work 25% faster.

There are never enough unit graphics, and never enough regional "flavor" unit variationss. The maximum number of unit graphics is limited only by time and art budget (and disk space and RAM). This "easter egg" unit that almost no one will ever see is taking art budget and game resources away from regular units that everyone could see that would make the game better.

I could be wrong but I don't see one extra unit taking much away from that at all. The graphics look superb as they are.

I guess we differ in opinions but I do see your point. Like making more Thai style buildings for Siam instead of generic Asian ones that look more Japanese then anything. Also, the Middle East and Africa being lumped together when they are vastly different. (For the music at least anyway.)

Top Bottom