Armoured Warfare around the World

I absolutely love your units!
And I have some thoughts and ideas about stuff that happening and Units appeared on this theater.
1) Have you ever heard about BMP-1AM Basurmanin? It is an upgraded version of BMP-1 developed by The Uralvagonzavod (UVZ) research-and-manufacturing corporation (a subsidiary of the Rostec state corporation). BMP-1AM is BMP-1 with the original turret replaced by the turret from BTR-80A wth 2A72 30 mm autocannon, a Kalashnikov PKTM 7.62 mm medium machinegun, and smoke grenade launchers 902V Tucha. The turret will be fitted with the TKN-4GA combined day-night sighting system. The 2A72 cannon will be able to use air burst munitions. Approved in 2018, it is the most recent Russian BMP-1 upgrade. The Russian army plans to upgrade all of their BMP-1s and BMP-1Ps to BMP-1AM level (actually this sound like not true for now, as Russia uses many BMP-1Ps in conflict, not AM ones, but some number of AMs spotted too). This one may be a most easy thing to do using BMP-1 model and BTR-80A or 82A turret.
bmp1.jpg

2) At least one ASU-85 turned from monument to a some kind of a decoy target or (kind of) mobile checkpoint in Poltava region by Ukrainian army
as8_152.jpg

3) Some of D-44 guns restored on Ukrainian side, and stored for Rosgvardia in Russia.
4) Restored from storage ex-soviet D-1 howitzers (D-1 howitzer M1943) on russian side
FzkF_U5km8Q.jpg

5) Tested for now, but only on trials not in a production, the B-18 prototype. It is an uparmored BMP-2 with turret replaced for Epoch module. Similar to a B-19 prototype which based to a BMP-3 hull.
Based on this project but with additional armor kits.
4581101_original.jpg

6) Slovenian T-55, upgraded to M-55 and given to ukrainian side. Sorry, no actual ukrainian photo for now.
0x0.jpg

7) Russia restored some of it's "Grad-1" unit for mobilised regiments. Is is a part of 9K55 (9P138 "Grad-1" vehicle) is a variation of 9K51 (BM-21 or BM-21-1 "Grad" vehicle), based on a ZiL-131 chassis instead of Ural, and there are 36 tubes instead of 40 on a pack.
Looks like there were over 420 units in Russia (stored, not in use) and 19-20 in Ukraine (although there is no evidence on them now).
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/9К55 or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM-21_Grad
pmquYuBpkDQ.jpg

Also, there were at least one IS-3 and one T-34-85 restored at the 2014-2015, but with nonfunctional tank guns.

Last edited:
Update: Originally this Imperial Japan pack was meant for reaching the 2000 unit upload. The Ukrainian War interrupted that progress but finally it is here today. I have included almost everything in this pack. I am sure there is something for everyone. I tried to include many late war prototypes and rumors so that you can take you game beyond 1945. How accurate these late war items are anyone's guess. Tried my best with the names I am sure there are mistakes. Beyond that enjoy!

@MadGAD I might do another Ukrainian War pack I will see what I can find. Stuff beyond the late 90's is tricky to get my hands on as well as the 50's/60's.

@Node60 Wheeled vehicles are on my someday list.

Delta, congratulations on the release of your Imperial Japanese Mega-pack. You are going to make a lot of modders very happy with so much variety. And thanks to Ares as well for the sounds.

Thank you so much Delta for making these units and the naval ones as well. This really helps with my private collection of scenarios. :)

If we're taking requests, then an updated Fiat Ansaldo would be sweet. There are two already: one made by Ripptide 1,000 years ago, and a second by Wyrmshadow, at my request. As with all of his work, Wyrmshadow's was state of the art - I did say, "updated" :) . The pic attached is the .jpg from Wyrmshadow's creation.

Wyrmshadow Fiatansaldocar.jpg

Hi.

I really love these models.

I´m new here. Since 20 years I´m studying the japanese armed forces between 1905 and 1945 and I have decided to offer Delta my knowledge to improve the japanese vehicle descriptions. If he (and you) agree I will update and extend the descriptions on the japanese vehicles, guns, ships and aircraft modelled here in this forum.

Yours

tom! ;)

Hi.

I really love these models.

I´m new here. Since 20 years I´m studying the japanese armed forces between 1905 and 1945 and I have decided to offer Delta my knowledge to improve the japanese vehicle descriptions. If he (and you) agree I will update and extend the descriptions on the japanese vehicles, guns, ships and aircraft modelled here in this forum.

Yours

tom! ;)

Greetings, and, "Welcome aboard!" :dance:

You can certainly put your information together into one document and add it to the, "Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides" section of this forum.

Hi.

Thx. I´ve already started a private communication with Delta and he is very interested.

Hm, adding all infos in one document might cause an overflow 🤪. Too many details can be boring if you are not specially interested and I´m prone to loose myself in details.

I will start having a look at the model descriptions. I think I can be helpful to correct the few errors and to add some more infos.

I already made a "short" overview about japanese tanks and armored vehicles at

WW2 Forum

I made it 2018 but there are already small changes necessary (new tank found, new data available....)

Yours

tom! ;)

Last edited:
I remind you of the existence of the German semi-tracked motorcycle Sd. Kfz. 2 (Kettenkrad HK 101). It will make a good reconnaissance unit.

Top Bottom