Art Stuff

Hey achilleszero the mod has been down for a while, any idea on when the art will be updated so we can release 0.9.6c?

Tomorrow probably. I havent had much time to do anything for the PlotL. My first attempt seemed promising then wound up crashing and I couldnt figure out why. So I had to make a different one.

The LSystem files can definately be a pain. Let me know if things aren't making any headway here and a fix is still a whiles off. The mod has been down for far too long now, aproaching a month, so might just need to do a simple and drastic fix and remove the Ethnic City art at this point in order to get the mod back up.

Heres stuff for 0.96c.

FPKs
XML for 3 versions

PlotL for normal LoR is set up. There ethnic city sets and no ethnic improvemnts except for cottages. This way seems to work with no problems. Problems arose when I tried to cut out ethnic cottages. Could never figure it out. One minute I had it all working even added generic african and native city art, next thing I know it wasnt. So I had to throw it all out.

So in xml zip, there are the few fixes from bugged 0.96b.

LoR light:
*artdefines fix for pathfinder and chinese halberd
*2 Leaders had redundant traits

LoR:
*4 missing artfines for vikings
*2 leaders had redundant traits
*New Plot L
*few fixes in unit infos

LoR Expanded:
*PlotLsystem for BM

Thanks, when I wake up I'll work on releaseing 0.9.6c so LoR is back up.

Took a while to go through and remove all the extranious files, like buttons in unit folders, and shortcuts to the internet and nifscope, etc. That's done, in testing though I've found quite a few units don't match their animation, the kfm is wrong so the civilopedia comes up blank. It'll take me a bit to fix these, as I need to check each civ individually. Mainly though I've ran into some units that have their own kfm and still don't work. I had to rip out the Austrian Dreadnought for this reason, and am experiencing the same issue with the American fighter. I'm going to try renaming the main nif from p38 to mosquito so it matches the kfm name, if that doesn't work though, I may need to remove a few more ethnic units. Also there is a jpeg file which should probably be converted to a dds, it's in the American Spearman folder. It'll likely take me a few hours to go through all the units and make sure the kfms work, and change those that need it.

Edit, yeah, renaiming it to mosquito worked.

Took a while to go through and remove all the extranious files, like buttons in unit folders, and shortcuts to the internet and nifscope, etc. That's done, in testing though I've found quite a few units don't match their animation, the kfm is wrong so the civilopedia comes up blank. It'll take me a bit to fix these, as I need to check each civ individually. Mainly though I've ran into some units that have their own kfm and still don't work. I had to rip out the Austrian Dreadnought for this reason, and am experiencing the same issue with the American fighter. I'm going to try renaming the main nif from p38 to mosquito so it matches the kfm name, if that doesn't work though, I may need to remove a few more ethnic units. Also there is a jpeg file which should probably be converted to a dds, it's in the American Spearman folder. It'll likely take me a few hours to go through all the units and make sure the kfms work, and change those that need it.

Edit, yeah, renaiming it to mosquito worked.

Strange, some of those custom animations seem to work sometimes and not work other times. I know for a fact that austrian dreadnaght has broken on me, and then without me doing anything it worked again:confused:. Cant ever recall the p-38 not working. Last time I checked, it worked.

Just disregrad that Jpeg in the American spearman. Its useless. I cleaned out probably 20mg worth of jpegs, redundant kfs, and other stuff. I must have missed that one. The whole art FPK's should be pretty cleaned out. As you can see total art is down to almost 400mb. It was 550 at one point. Pretty good considering there are way over 100 more units now than at that point.

When you say internet shortcut, Are you refering to that internet archive from Jzip? I just found out that jzip does that when I DLed one of my own attatchments. I dont know what other free zip program to use, so Im stuck with that.

There were a few random shortcuts in the AchillesZero.fpk some were to the internet, some were to nifskope, I just deleted them, not really an issue, but just noting it.

I just finished checking Korea, and will now hopefully get through the rest of the civs in the next couple of hours. There are a couple broken models: frozen fighters, there have been a few of these, most of the jets were frozen, and you fixed them by doing something with a broken nose node, so these are probably the same. Here is the list of fighters that are frozen:

German Fighter
Japanese Bi-Plane
Korean Bi-Plane

One last thing, the English light bomber is a bi-plane model, so I'll delete it and make have England use the default light bomber modl. If you fix these broken units, and have something in mind to work better for the English light bomber please upload them and I'll work them into the 0.9.6c build. It'll still take me a while, at least a few more hours, to finish going through all the art.

Edit:
Polish Battleship is frozen

Awesome. I'm at spain now, and found another one. The spanish fighter is also frozen.

Awesome. I'm at spain now, and found another one. The spanish fighter is also frozen.

You already have it. It is in subfolder of german fighter (reskin of me-109), and that is where artdefines point to. Ive never seperated them just for this very reason., so that I know it is a reskin and I can fix the model once and then copy it over.

Whats up with red blobbed chinese Halberd from the LeaderLegend thread? I know it works cuz I just looked at it.

achilleszero: on zip files and other archives, PeaZip and IZArc both work rather fine, although PeaZip's UI isn't very Windows-like, and IZArc lacks support for Unicode (which is why I've currently ended up with PeaZip).

Well it takes hours to upload to the internet, and also to compile it into an install script, and I've got to go now, so I'll pick this back up tommarrow, and will finish it then and we should have LoR finally released again, with a download link. If there is anything you want to add/fix/append/change let me know in the within the next 12 hours or so, as I should start compiling LoR into an installer in about 12 hours, I think (but not before then). Also the Russian Battleship is still frozen, well it doesn't wobble, it animates it's attack fine, but it doesn't wobble in the ocean like the other ships, and is just frozen there.

Also the Russian Battleship is still frozen, well it doesn't wobble, it animates it's attack fine, but it doesn't wobble in the ocean like the other ships, and is just frozen there.

Just cut it then. I havent had time to look at it. Its only used by Russia and Poland. Leave it in the FPK and Ill look at it later.

The Roman gun powder units look silly. In the next update I'd like the absurd Legion armored musket, grenadier, and rifleman swapped out for more apropriat looking Italian models of the era. Achilleszero you want to do this?

The Roman gun powder units look silly. In the next update I'd like the absurd Legion armored musket, grenadier, and rifleman swapped out for more apropriat looking Italian models of the era. Achilleszero you want to do this?

Great idea. That vexed me always when playing with Rome. There must be nice Italian models out there.

achilleszero now that LoR 0.9.6 is out and play tested for a bit, seems that the bugs have shaken out (*hopefully). Have you thought about releasing your unit set for standard BtS? I think that with LoR's art organization it would be a perfect set to release outside of LoR as well, and might get more players to try LoR if they can first try the Art in an unaltered gameplay setting. Of course this may be sort of bad as it would directly compete with VD, so I can see why you wouldn't want to do so. But still I think the LoR ethnic art is the best organized and probably overall best art set available in terms of performance and quality. If you do decide to release LoR's art in a custom assets format, I can set up an installer to do this so that it's easy to download and install, and loads like BAT does from the custom assets.

Also apologies for getting frustrated earlier due to the last two reported art bugs. I just really want LoR to be stable, and critical bugs like bad buttons really mess with me.

achilleszero now that LoR 0.9.6 is out and play tested for a bit, seems that the bugs have shaken out (*hopefully). Have you thought about releasing your unit set for standard BtS? I think that with LoR's art organization it would be a perfect set to release outside of LoR as well, and might get more players to try LoR if they can first try the Art in an unaltered gameplay setting. Of course this may be sort of bad as it would directly compete with VD, so I can see why you wouldn't want to do so. But still I think the LoR ethnic art is the best organized and probably overall best art set available in terms of performance and quality. If you do decide to release LoR's art in a custom assets format, I can set up an installer to do this so that it's easy to download and install, and loads like BAT does from the custom assets.

No i hadnt thought about that. Maybe it would help draw more people to LoR. People dont seem to read the OP in the main thread and dont seem to know what comes in LoR. So maybe they need some more incentives.

Your right about it probably being the most efficient art pack out there. I have even recently opened up and examined all 14000 textures, yeah you heard me 14000, and then recompressed the ones capable of further compression. And resized a few hundred.

Ill have to think about whether or not to do a release thing.

I just replaced the roman rifleman, grenadier, cannon, and cavalry with italian ones. Only problem is I dont see a Italian cuirassier or musketman. But Im thinking those two arent too much of a stretch. Being earlier gunpowder units, still in the era of crests and armor.

Glad to hear you've gotten some of the gunpowder units replaced for Rome. I just think the current ones look goofy. Also if you like, feel free to create your own Redshirt model for the Italian Rifleman or Grenadier,:deal: actually the Redshirt could make for a good UU :hmm: Italian Red Shirts

As far as Musketman and Cuirassier are concerned, found these in the database if you're interested:

Italian Arquebusier

Cuirassier Set, 12 models Might find something in here.

Mounted Cardinal Guard Could definatly work for an Italian Cuirassier.

Also unrelated, but still a good model as an ethnic varient for the bombard:

Culvern

Uhm ... just started a new game with 0.9.6c, as Americans, Enhanced Graphics, and the city graphics are missing. That is, my city is invisible. Known issue?

EDIT: Never mind the above. I think I got it. Artstyles were renamed.

Uhm ... just started a new game with 0.9.6c, as Americans, Enhanced Graphics, and the city graphics are missing. That is, my city is invisible. Known issue?

EDIT: Never mind the above. I think I got it. Artstyles were renamed.

Curious, it shows up for me. What was the artstyle? In both regular LoR and Enhanced LoR, the american building artstyle should be Europe. Did you have something different??

Top Bottom