Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

I know with version 14.11 I have seen Hyborem enter the game. He doesn't start off with a city though. He starts as a hero unit, plus I think some other units, and has to conquer a city. He's not much of a threat late in the game unless you are really struggling.

But if you are doing something that is getting boring, stop doing it. :)

For example, I disabled cultural victories because they were too easy.

Hi, yes - stop it .. e.g. I tried more barbarien activity and/or barbarien cities at the beginning, but thats crazy hard or faster armageddon counter hard too (got "to hell" loosing in round 300-400 with epic speed and I lost very fast) ;) now I try higher difficulty-level - King ....

ps. sorry for my bad english, Im from germany :D

pss. but on the other hand => Mercurians as Enemy and its so hard, Mercurians playing self - so easy ;( - nothing inbetween ;)

btw. I have a other question, how I change PlayerColor of Hamstalfar? I find nothing there about the color settings for Hamstalfar in the file: CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml

But I changed Mercurians into red, because Hamstalfar & Mercurians are whit in the original setting. Mercurians I could change, but Hamstalfar isnt coded in this file.

Last edited:
For the record, your English is far better than my German... :)

I don't know if it's a bug. I have been playing this mod a lot since summer - 80% as a "good" player (Malakim, Elohim, Bannor I like) or 20% as a neutral khazad, meanwhile my game winnings are boring* (I research fanaticism / the order very quickly) and then with the Mercurians almost always have a military victory - especially if I get fire angels in the course, I can conquer one city after the other.

But I'm bored now - I now have the impression that I've never got Hyborem as an opponent. He just doesn't come into the world !!!!!!!

Today I started as an evil player (after the Pax Diabolis) he comes. But why never I see Hyborem as an enemy / with as an AI player? Mercurians and Infernals allways enabled (game options). ;)

*Boring because Hyborem as enemy is never entering the "world of erebus" or "erebus continent" ...

with SVN Tool, I have the newest Version.

This was my first & important problem.

Second Problem - in one of my games I could conquer/derstroy Sidar Cities, but there is no way to clear the fog for more than 3-5 turns? Weird that the fog is coming back again. Maybe a better "WIND III" spell would be fine ;)

On the first problem, I know that Hyborem tends to show up but has issues founding its first civ, if people have expanded a bit too much early on. I'm not certain on how to fix it yet.

On the second problem, it's definitely a bug, Sidar Mist should not show up after the cities are destroyed.

Hi, yes - stop it .. e.g. I tried more barbarien activity and/or barbarien cities at the beginning, but thats crazy hard or faster armageddon counter hard too (got "to hell" loosing in round 300-400 with epic speed and I lost very fast) ;) now I try higher difficulty-level - King ....

ps. sorry for my bad english, Im from germany :D

pss. but on the other hand => Mercurians as Enemy and its so hard, Mercurians playing self - so easy ;( - nothing inbetween ;)

btw. I have a other question, how I change PlayerColor of Hamstalfar? I find nothing there about the color settings for Hamstalfar in the file: CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml

But I changed Mercurians into red, because Hamstalfar & Mercurians are whit in the original setting. Mercurians I could change, but Hamstalfar isnt coded in this file.

Hamstalfar is a module so all their data is in Assets/modules/NormalModules/Hamstalfar

Second Problem - in one of my games I could conquer/derstroy Sidar Cities, but there is no way to clear the fog for more than 3-5 turns? Weird that the fog is coming back again. Maybe a better "WIND III" spell would be fine ;)
On the second problem, it's definitely a bug, Sidar Mist should not show up after the cities are destroyed.
I've noticed this in 14.11. Sidar mist, once it gets established, can't be gotten rid of, even if another civ takes ownership of the tile. The wind spell will dispel it temporarily, but it will come back.

So, I changed for myself my Hamstalfar Colors bit darker, looks now like Vanilla-Ice-Cream, but it dosnt looks fine with the "infoscreen / powergraph" - F9, how can I change this background? I didn't find the DDS in the Ashes of Erebus Mod Folder...

I want turn into a dark backgr. but hmm, wait :( it will be bad with later dark colored civs.

Python exception, screenshot attached. SVN Revision 340.

Screenshot (18).png

Getting various random non-repeatable crashes. I've attached a zip file containing the crash dump files.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9096.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 276
Crash dump files from random (non-recurring) crashes.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.6120.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 246
Quick question. Have just changed computers and now use windows 10..... game will crash on startup, shortly after selecting nation and launching, the bar moves about 15% of the way and stays there and eventually crashes. Anything special i need to do for win 10? Is the 64 bit patch still a thing I need to do?

Ok 4gb fix seems to have fixed it. Not sure it should have, but it now loads and lets me change the resolution without crashing.

That said, Ive pretty much had to go back to the stable 14.11 version as the SVN version takes about 5 tries each time to run a game without failing on startup. The modules claim to conflict, which I appreciate is a false positive, but even so, the more of them I disable the better seems to be the chance to work. 14.11 seems to work first time. Though by now its very out of date.

Ok 4gb fix seems to have fixed it. Not sure it should have, but it now loads and lets me change the resolution without crashing.

That said, Ive pretty much had to go back to the stable 14.11 version as the SVN version takes about 5 tries each time to run a game without failing on startup. The modules claim to conflict, which I appreciate is a false positive, but even so, the more of them I disable the better seems to be the chance to work. 14.11 seems to work first time. Though by now its very out of date.
The loading issues seem to stop when running civ4 through win7 compatibility mode. (It seems to be caused by a change to my dev pipeline, but haven't been able to track it down yet). Could you tell me which modules seem to cause more crashes than others if you can ?

Top Bottom