Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

I've started to tease the next update on the discord so i'll do it here too. I was expecting to be done by the end of last month, but ended up having technical issues causing delays. We're on track for a release soon. Here's an extract of the patch notes :
Art :
-Art Revamp part 1 : all civs got a look at, from minor tweaks to changed unit lines, to new units, to full rework.
I'll not detail everything to leave some surprise, but highlights include not naked lizards, more horses on the hippus, and so on...
Some spawns got a new look too.
Part 2 will include more spawns stuff, a look at heroes and buildings

-A number of fixes were provided for large models taking way more empty space ( making it hard to click around them) than expected . Thanks TiberiusW for the help. ( Also, if someone is an experienced modder, we made this not knowing what we were doing so a second look would be appreciated)

-A number of new icons were made by TiberiusW for various promotion sets, in keeping with the standard promotion artstyle ( Races, Naval Crews, SecondaryUnitCombat, and more)

-In terms of tools for modders :
-UnitArtstyle now allow for an additional promotion parameter ( allowing the same unit to have two or more designs based on promotions it gets) (see * * * * * *)
-BuildingArtStyle is now a thing, allowing civs to get unique looks for standard buildings without having to make a new one ( currently unused, models are welcome)
-two new art-related effects on promotions ReplaceArtType that replaces the art of a unit (without resorting to an ad-hoc UnitArtstyle) and ExtraArtType which adds an additional model to the unit ( if you have three people in your unit, you now have 4, with the fourth one being controled by the promotions)

Modules
-all modules now get a ModuleId entry. This helps to reference the module whenever a dependency needs to be done in python code or in another module.
-Moved Module Art to Pak file for faster initial loading

-Updated Arachnophobia (by Leastcraft), City Guards (by FoxXavier), Ljosalfar Expansion (by FoxXavier) , NewTraits (by wuxiangjinxing),
-Fixed a bug with Churel Module where Graveleeches could feed on themselves
-Fixed a bug with Churel TraitTriggers interefering with similar triggers for other traits
-Started Dural Rework with an art change. Instead of neo-classical, their units now look regular classical, though with a color scheme that match their flag and buildings style
-Added Help Techs to Religious Traits and Techs for DynRel Module
-Saila doesn't duplicate equipment on death anymore
-Frozen module doesn't cause Duplicate Auric Ascended anymore
-Frozen will now ally with their summoner if Illian, Doviello or White Hand Follower
-Fixed Mahon not showing up as a Calabim Leader
-Jotnar : added trait triggers for Blacksmith trait (from wuxiangjinxing)
-giving access to fishing boats to Jotnar
-MagisterAshes : Adding a new UF ( the Whispering Woods) with half a dozen unique results ( see Once Elves)
-Full Noggomortha Code Rework and Rebalance by TiberiusW

3 New Modules :
Goblin : A new civilization of green people organized in a clannic society. Makes heavy use of the new CityClass System
NotYetEmergenLeaders : The remnant of 25Hour's More Leaders mod.
The Blight by FoxXavier

Wow, I can´t wait for the update, a new goblin Civ will give it a try :).

Attachments

• Goblin Council.jpg
    Goblin Council.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 17
I don't remember if I already reported this minor bug or not.

With the event where one of the choices is to receive an Adept with the Chaos II promotion, if you select that you do get an Adept that starts with Chaos II, but one of the available promotions for that Adept to take is Chaos I, which shouldn't be. I imagine both human and AI players have mistakenly taken the Chaos I promotion and wasted a promotion that way.

So I would suggest that this be fixed, if possible. Thanks.

I don't remember if I already reported this minor bug or not.

With the event where one of the choices is to receive an Adept with the Chaos II promotion, if you select that you do get an Adept that starts with Chaos II, but one of the available promotions for that Adept to take is Chaos I, which shouldn't be. I imagine both human and AI players have mistakenly taken the Chaos I promotion and wasted a promotion that way.

So I would suggest that this be fixed, if possible. Thanks.
it'll be the last fix for 365, but it's now fixed, thanks

Sorry, one more thing.

Playing as the Dao and it's not clear to me why they can build Mage Guilds, since they don't have Arcane units. Their Arcane unit replacements are Disciple units, so they don't need or benefit from the Mage Guild. I guess if they manage to build the Catacomb Libralus after building a Mage Guild they get the science and Great Person boost. And there are some Mage Guild related events, but that's a limited benefit.

saw that a bit too late ^^

Revision 365 is out. Patch notes in attached file.
No worries, it's not that big a deal. I usually find myself building Mage Guilds even if they don't directly benefit the civ in question, because of the random events or, if it's early enough, in the hopes of being able to build the Catacomb Libralus.

SVN Revision 365, around the mid-300s, e.g., Turn 344, I started getting C++ Runtime Errors with the game terminating: "The application has requested to terminate in an unusual way." (or something like that).

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

I'm playing a Huge map instead of a Large map, the way I had been up until this Revision, so maybe I need to revert to playing on a smaller map size.

SVN Revision 365, around the mid-300s, e.g., Turn 344, I started getting C++ Runtime Errors with the game terminating: "The application has requested to terminate in an unusual way." (or something like that).

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Hamstalfar, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

I'm playing a Huge map instead of a Large map, the way I had been up until this Revision, so maybe I need to revert to playing on a smaller map size.
hmmm that's not the usual error when there's a memory issue, so it might be something else. Can you take a screen if it shows up again ?

can you get me a save ?
The problem is it doesn't always repeat on the same turn -- after the game closes I'll restart with the most recent Autosave and be able to play some turns before experiencing a runtime error.

What I'll do next time it happens is upload the immediately preceding Autosave, and maybe you'll wind up experiencing the same runtime error. I think that's the best I can do, given that the problem, at least so far, doesn't seem to recur on the same turn.

Last edited:
Looks like some of the graphics need some work. It took me a while to figure out that this was a Salamander belonging to Agares. I take it he's not supposed to be this big.

SVN Revision 365.

Screenshot (363).png
Screenshot (362).png

There seems to be a bug with the Armageddon Counter. In my current game, once the AC hit 10 Agares created Buboes, Stephanos, Yersinia, Ars Moriendi, and the Avatar of Wrath.

SVN Revision 366.

There seems to be a bug with the Armageddon Counter. In my current game, once the AC hit 10 Agares created Buboes, Stephanos, Yersinia, Ars Moriendi, and the Avatar of Wrath.

SVN Revision 366.

Happy Unicorn Day !

Python exception, screenshot attached. Non-fatal, the game didn't crash, but might be helpful nonetheless. I have 32 gigs of RAM, so surprised to be encountering memory issues.

SVN Revision 366.

Screenshot (364).png

Top Bottom