Asia: 1948

Also, if someone could tell me how to put up screenshots, I would really appreciate it.

Click on "Post Reply" (can be found on the left side below the last post). Now you`re in the fullscreen Text Editor. Scroll down a bit to see a field "Manage Attachments". Click on it.
Now just use the "search" field to navigate thru your HD. select your file and press "upload". Now it`s important to wait until the file upload has ended.
Congrats ,dude ,you`ve just uploaded you very first file.

To display screenies inside the text of your post ,you right-click on the freshly uploaded link (you can see the link in "Manage Attachments" if successfully uploaded) and select "copy file address" (or so).
Now back to the Text Editor ; make sure the Cursor blinks at the right place and select "Insert Image" from the Editors Icons list. Paste inside the dialog box. Click "Ok".

Poooh ! ;)

For some reason the AI seems to send almost all their troops to Vietnam, making it fairly easy for a human player to conquer South Korea as the North.

Yeah, playing as Vietnam is fun :)

Interesting thing though - when I was playing as North Korea Americans were actually helping South Korea a bit - at least they were constantly bombing my cities from carrier and landed marines a few times. But when I was playing as South Korea both US and British fleets immediately sailed south never to be seen again (at least until Vietnam was conquered) :)

Thank you General 666, but I was really just wondering if there was a program or something that could take screenshots(as opposed to taking them with a camera).

Regarding the AI behaviour, perhaps on higher difficulties the AI is more likely to attack you(which is why U.S. and Britain only attack N. Korea when you are playing as it). Just a hunch, but you never know.

Anyway, the camera screenshots are now up for any lurkers who didn't want to download the scenario until now.

Thank you General 666, but I was really just wondering if there was a program or something that could take screenshots(as opposed to taking them with a camera).

You can hit the 'Print Screen' button (puts a copy of the whole screen as an image into the clipboard, for Windows at least) on your keyboard, and then open up the graphics program of your choice, and paste it into a new image. Save it and upload!

Wow.
I've never even noticed that button before. Thank you for pointing it out to me.
Not one of my brighter moments. :hammer2:

this is probably a stupid question for some people, but HOW do I use this scenario ? Where do I paste what in which directory ? I've never used unofficial expansion packs...
also, is this compatible with the European version of Civ III / Conquests expansion pack ?
much obliged,
P.

Download both the Biq file and the main ones into the scenario folder of conquests. I believe the correct order to get there is: Local disk>program files> infogrames interactive>civilization 3>conquests>scenarios.

Once there, decompress the files, and the scenario should show up under civ content.

As to European versions, I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge regarding them, so I suppose you don't know until you try.;)

Download both the Biq file and the main ones into the scenario folder of conquests. I believe the correct order to get there is: Local disk>program files> infogrames interactive>civilization 3>conquests>scenarios.

Once there, decompress the files, and the scenario should show up under civ content.

As to European versions, I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge regarding them, so I suppose you don't know until you try.;)

Below is the download link containing:
- the assets folders from Atomic Gamer,
- .biq file from the OP (file for this one from Atomic Gamer was corrupted);
- fixed labels.txt and .biq files for two known glitches described in the OP: "airfield" text in the date field, and "all leaders have the same name in the selection menu".

Attached are some screenshots.

Thanks yet again to Blake00 for showing the way of retrieving Atomic Gamer archives:
Example 2 - the missing Civ 3 Star Trek mod bonus music files I've been trying to find for 2 friggin years (link briefly mentioned in the description text)

Credit for finding the fixes goes to
Yea, something went terribly wrong. I have Civ III Complete. Apparently there's the same problem with the War of the Pacific Scenario I'm playing.

EDIT: I replaced the scenario labels.txt file with the one from the Conquests Text folder and everything is alright now.
and
ok, I found a way to correct it, to all, one has to leave the leader's name empty in the scenario porperties--> player , otherwise all civs get the leader name of player 1....

Attachments

• 1_selection (before fix).png
    1_selection (before fix).png
    959.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2_diplo (before fix).png
    2_diplo (before fix).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 3_small wonder.png
    3_small wonder.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 4_Vietminh.png
    4_Vietminh.png