Ask a Philosopher!

I dunno if you are the right person to ask, but can you suggest somebody who is good with words and who argues against the ideology of communism. I'm specifically interested in arguments about humans being naturally too selfish and greedy for communism to work.

I dunno if you are the right person to ask, but can you suggest somebody who is good with words and who argues against the ideology of communism. I'm specifically interested in arguments about humans being naturally too selfish and greedy for communism to work.

I can't speak to the arguments you are specifically interested in. Whether or not humans are too selfish for communism to work is an empirical question about human psychology and thus not really in the philosophical domain. However, in general, the best anti-egalitarian political philosophy is probably Nozick's Anarchy, State, and Utopia.

Too long to read without knowing whether its worth reading. Synopsis?

An answer to Dennett. I can't begin to do it justice here, so I highly recommend you read it, but its thrust is that no amount of redefinition is going to make the hard problem go away, and that Dennett is engaging in redefinition, not solution. The details of the argument can be found in more detail in the essay.

An answer to Dennett. I can't begin to do it justice here, so I highly recommend you read it, but its thrust is that no amount of redefinition is going to make the hard problem go away, and that Dennett is engaging in redefinition, not solution. The details of the argument can be found in more detail in the essay.

It seems to just restate (with lots of unnecessary words), the most common and well-known objection to Dennett-style physicalism.

Facial hair, how important is it?

I dunno! Here and here is a gallery of great philosophers, and as you can see there are all sorts of types of facial hair and lots without any!

Top Bottom