Assistance needed for changing starting units

The spawn date in that image comes from the XML, not the SDK, I think.

The problem with classical civs is you can't have Egypt alive on the 600AD start, as Rhye put many checks through the code to know wether it is 3000BC or 600AD start based on that.

I'm dead sure it's the DLL. But it won't work properly without also modifying these anyway.

I thought up a way to do it without DLL changes. Spawn a unit for them at the south pole (Catapult) and, through Python, end their turn until it's their time to spawn. Then remove the catapult and give them the real units in their spawn spot. Not as pretty as the dll way, but it might work.

The spawn date in that image comes from the XML, not the SDK, I think.

The problem with classical civs is you can't have Egypt alive on the 600AD start, as Rhye put many checks through the code to know wether it is 3000BC or 600AD start based on that.

Then could you spawn them a unit in 610 AD? It's like that with respawns (But hundreds of years later).

I thought up a way to do it without DLL changes. Spawn a unit for them at the south pole (Catapult) and, through Python, end their turn until it's their time to spawn. Then remove the catapult and give them the real units in their spawn spot. Not as pretty as the dll way, but it might work.
This is in fact what the respawn() PyScenario method does, and i can't see why it isn't working for Crossphazer.

I'm not having any trouble with the respawn() function, actually. I just can't make the civ playable to a human player. Besides that everything works fine.

control-Z? ;)

Ps: If you plan to switch to them make sure they are playable in the WBS. If not the game will default to the player with the lowest number when loading a save (Egypt by default.)

I know it's been 10 years but I need to know this, how can I make a building appear in a city in a current year using pyScenario?
I added Alhambra wonder and want it to suddenly appear in a Spanish city IF Spain is AI.

Top Bottom