Assorted Language Questions

Hence the eye "bubble" is called a bleb.

If I had the Latin skillz to translate it, I'd adopt THE STAPLER IS BEHIND YOU as my family motto,
It's "stapler" that will be the tricky part. Though staples do precede our kind of staples: just generally a staple-style fastening device.

It's like those doors that tell you to "push" instead of pull, and you pull them anyway.

Buried lede: luser.

It's like those doors that tell you to "push" instead of pull, and you pull them anyway.
1st world anarchists!
ana1.png

If I had the Latin skillz to translate it, I'd adopt THE STAPLER IS BEHIND YOU as my family motto, if I had the heraldic graphic skillz to design a crest.
Here's my stab at it:

crest.png

Argent staple on field argent.

Here's was the comic reasoning, as it developed:

Argent is a heraldic color. Ok, figure should be a staple. In argent, since staples are silver.

What color field?

Initially: black, since staplers tend to be black.

Funnier: what if the field is argent, too. A mirror. So that if you look into it, it's helping you see where the stapler is, except for the fact that your head is in the way.

That drives shield shape: oval, like mirrors often are.

Plus, design and field must always be of contrasting colors. If of the same color, design just fades into field. Ha ha ha. The staple disappears. Get it? (But, naturally, it has to show also).

Fool's cap added because if your fool's head weren't in the way, the mirror shield would be showing you where the stapler is.

Background intended to be evocative of blue screen of death.

Last edited:
Here's my stab at it:

View attachment 687768

Argent staple on field argent.

Here's was the comic reasoning, as it developed:

Argent is a heraldic color. Ok, figure should be a staple. In argent, since staples are silver.

What color field?

Initially: black, since staplers tend to be black.

Funnier: what if the field is argent, too. A mirror. So that if you look into it, it's helping you see where the stapler is, except for the fact that your head is in the way.

That drives shield shape: oval, like mirrors often are.

Plus, design and field must always be of contrasting colors. If of the same color, design just fades into field. Ha ha ha. The staple disappears. Get it? (But, naturally, it has to show also).

Fool's cap added because if your fool's head weren't in the way, the mirror shield would be showing you where the stapler is.

Background intended to be evocative of blue screen of death.
Excellent reasoning, but a bit too traditional.

The stapler you want behind you when you have 91 felony charges ahead of you!
s1.png

Sniglets: The Trump Edition.

Donation /dän neɪ.ʃən/ (note short o) (n.): Giving money to someone of purportedly fabulous wealth.

Donation /dän neɪ.ʃən/ (note short o) (n.): Giving money to someone of purportedly fabulous wealth.
It Pays To Increase Your Word Power

A long, long time ago there was a newspaper competition asking for words where a few letters were changed to give a new word with an amusing meaning. Or just a new meaning with no letter changes.

Your subtle effort would definitely have made it to the cool table. :)

Apologies to those who have seen them before...

ASSMOSIS - The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss.
ABDICATE (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
BALDERDASH (n.) a rapidly receding hairline.
CARCINOMA (n.), a valley in California, notable for its heavy smog.
CIRCUMVENT (n.) the opening in the front of boxer shorts.
DOPELER EFFECT: the tendency of stupid ideas to sound smarter when they come at you rapidly.
ESPLANADE (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
FLABBERGASTED (adj.) appalled over how much weight you have gained.
FOREPLOY: any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of obtaining sex.
GLIBIDO: all talk and no action.
IGNORANUS: a person who is both stupid and an ahole.
INOCULATTE: to take coffee intravenously.
INTAXIFICATION: euphoria at getting a refund from the IRS until you realize it was your money to start with.
LYMPH (v.) to walk with a lisp.
OYSTER (n.) a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish expressions.
REINTARNATION (n.): coming back to life as a hillbilly.
SARCHASM (n.): the gulf between the author's wit and the reader who doesn't get it.

Evidently the next Inside Out movie will have a Sar Chasm.

A region in Riley's adolescent mind.

Egon posted a trailer in the films thread:

To build off of one you posted:

TREKULANT: heaping scorn on any versions of Star Trek other than the original series.

Last edited:
MOSEIDON: One of the Greek 3 stooges.
BERNAY'S SAUCE: Any liquid substance served with food where the ad exagerrated the actual taste.
COLONDAR: Record of daily bowel movements.
DISCOMBOBULATTED: Confused as to which type of coffee to order at Starbuck's.
OUTRODUCTION: The act of telling a girl at a party your male friend's name.
SYBILIZATION: Strategy game in which all leaders are female economists.
TRIBBLATION: Discontent over which episode of TOS is the GOAT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom