Atari (Formally Infogrames Interactive) Support Page for Civ3

TF - This is a valuable link, thanks for posting it. It could help alot of people. :goodjob:

I suggest making it a 'sticky' thread so it stays on top of the forum.:)

Originally posted by joespaniel
TF - This is a valuable link, thanks for posting it. It could help alot of people. :goodjob:

Comments Edited. Look at the funny advice below:

Build a Courthouse as soon as you are able. This structure reduces corruption in whichever city it is built in.
Going to go out and build one in my captial as soon as possible! What good advice! :)
Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on.
Extra tile to stand on? I am lost here.
They give a total of 7 tips (if they can even be called that). Wowie...

I was refering to all the troubleshooting advice in the site mentioned above, Pale Horse.

Unfortunately, I cant find anything to help my problem...:(

I have slow-motion, despite having more than the required stats for my computer. The units and screens take too long to move and pop-up.

Its very frustrating.:mad: I've tried alot of stuff and cant get it to flow.

Basically you need to get in contact with their email support. Try this Link Removed, you must be refered from their site.
Ok, here is my next suggestion. Go to the link in Thunderfall's post and go to the very bottom of the page. Click email support button.
Look at next post for picture of button.

Here is a picture of the button I am talking about.

I was refering to all the troubleshooting advice in the site mentioned above, Pale Horse.

I was just commenting also. Unfortunately I forgot to change the original part of my post, the quote from you. I didn't mean to quote you, was just making fun of their site.

I sent an email using this system, and it said they would respond within 48 hours. Well, its been much longer than 48 hours, and still no sign of life from Infogrames. Are others experiencing this problem, or did they not receive my message?

Originally posted by Apollo
I sent an email using this system, and it said they would respond within 48 hours. Well, its been much longer than 48 hours, and still no sign of life from Infogrames. Are others experiencing this problem, or did they not receive my message?

I sent an email with an bugg report to that adress got an answer a couple of days later....

Only problem is that they only replied to say that they wont accept any mails / bugreports / support requests from me since I didnt get the US version of the game??? As far as i know it's the same game only the box that is different....

And they also stated that I should contact the mail adress in the Netherlands (?) or the one in my own country did both and no responce from them either.

Well I have always reported bugs in games that I have bought even if I don't expect them all to be solved I do want them to be "processed".

I have also been Aplpha / Beta testing games...

Guess I wont continue to care about reporting any bugs in Civ 3 then....

And yes I am able to write bugg reports and send email containing english even if my native language is Swedish, to lazy to check for spelling errors on a bullentin board post though ;)

Well they did respond to that email after almost a week, but it was just a scripted response that wasn't at all addressed to the errors I was getting, so I sent another email, and now its been well over a week...:rolleyes: I guess I'll just wait until the patch comes, install that, and hope it somehow fixes my problems. If it doesn't, then I'll try emailing firaxis again, wait a week, and if there's no response I'll see if I can return the game.

IT sure didnt help my prblem with the patch.
I get a kernel32 error msg after the game makes an illegal operation. I did as the page said and got the latest drivers for my video card ( ASUS 7700 geforce2 GTS ) and my sound card ( soundblaster live ! 1024 ),
But i stil get the same problem. I didnt have this problem before i installed the 1.16f patch.

Answer your ****ing phone! Live support? Bull****. LIE support is more like it. I WASTED forty ****ing five dollars on this game. Then I wasted forty ****ing five minutes on your "support" line trying to find out the goddamn problem. All I needed, all I WANTED was to talk to a real person. The website and phone number says that LIVE SUPPORT is available. **** you. It is NOT available.

The solution to my problem was probably pretty simple. However, since you've lied about LIVE SUPPORT I'll be returning your ****ing game.

BTW, it's CIV III. It worked until I installed the new Nvidia drivers. Perhaps if someone would've just said, "were working on it" I wouldn't be so pissed. Instead, you wasted my ****ing time. **** you once again.

TheBlackhand, and others, I have been battling to find the proper mix of Nvidia drivers (for geforce 256), xp home, and civ III (unpatched and patched). No luck.
If I use XP home default Nvidia drivers, with civ III (patch/unpatch) it seems fine, but I have no opengl or glide, so slowness and some other games (wolfenstein, ghost recon) are not happy. nv4_disp.dll or blue screen of death (feels like an nt4 server running pc anywhere too much...) :eek:
If I use newer nvidia drivers (23.11, 21.83, ... 21.41) civ III unpatched kind of works, but PATCHED?? it dies, nv4_disp.dll error. Yes, 21.83 and 21.41 have WHQL certified drivers, but still no joy. Nvidia says 23.11 is XP certified, but Microsoft disagrees.

Nvidia, 3dfx, creative labs, no help. :( Microsoft, no help. :( Infogrames, no help. :( So, this weekend I make the choice - first person shooters, or civ III. Already told Microsoft I'm rolling back to win98se, but actually thinking of Linux if I go FPS. rolleyes:

Love to hear of a fix.:crazyeyes :

Originally posted by Apollo

I sent an email to them with the attachment of the DXDiag results on Jan 10. Over a week later I still haven't gotten a response. What's taking them soooooo looooooong?

I have slow-motion, despite having more than the required stats for my computer. The units and screens take too long to move and pop-up.

Its very frustrating.:mad: I've tried alot of stuff and cant get it to flow.

For the game moving in slo-mo try holding the Shift key down when the pieces start to move. When I hold it down the move so fast all I see on my screen is the map change.
Vern

When i try to load a scenario it goes perfectly fine until the dialogue box saying what your civilizations is eg; Militaristic and Scientific and the free techs the game crashes without any warnings or error messages, plz help me :confused:

Top Bottom