Atari (Formally Infogrames Interactive) Support Page for Civ3

I don't know what exactly Infogrames is doing with the emails they get, but they certainly won't answer! :sleep: I complained about the lack of support for the german Civ III version, but in a polite way (seriously! ;) ). Never got a response, neither for my complaint, nor for the questions I had.

Unfortunately the same is true for Firaxis... I told them about the lousy support from Infogrames Germany ("lousy" is a compliment in this case! :crazyeye: ) and asked them a few things. Never heard of it again... I assume it's enough to just pay the price for the game and then I should shut up...
But I don't want to! Dammit! :aargh:

Hi all , I got introduced to Civ III via a Thai copy (big business here) ; however , I decided that I wanted to get the real thing and finally got someone to buy me the game in Bankok .
Now I see it is a version only for sale in Thailand ...
My question is : will the patches/mods be compatible with this game ? :(
Haven't tried installing it yet , still working on my first regent game on the copy ...;)
Can someone please assure me that I didn't waste my money .

Hi a have a mouse problem
when i load the game (civptw) is ok no blinking mouse pointer
but when i have loded a mp game its blinking like hell
I have checked the system irq and nothing strange a compared whit my other computer and the setings are the same.

// Best Regards
Rix Trix

PLEASE HELP! IVE BEEN CIVLESS!!
my problem is-
whenever i start up civ 3, before the intro movie, the screen flickers or like....sort of restarts one time, and the screen goes black for a little while...then the movie shows and when the movie finishes, the screen restarts/flickers and stays black no matter what you do, so you have to restart.

i use winxp, direct x 8.1, 128 mb ram, 777 mghz intel pentium 3 processesor, 29 gigs in my hard drive left, the sound works fine, 52 speed cd rom drive.
my screen resolution/pixels can go up to 1024 x 768 from 800 x 600, and can go from 32 bit to 16 bit color depth.

Please answer as soon as possible!!!

oh yeah i installed patch 1.29, and it still doesnt work.

i had the same black screen problem basicly your video card or whatever is not resizing the screen to the proper size automaticly and not using the proper refresh rate ..
civ3 needs (and so does alpha centauri) 1076 x 768 or something like that and u have to make sure u use the proper refresh probably 60 mhz do it manually and ur game will probably work

now at the moment my puter auto resizes the screen size and refresh rate when i play civ 3

When i try to load 1.29 on my sony laptop, the cd drive spins up and nothing more. I stay at the desktop with no indication that the game is running.....whats up with that? Its the english version...diaxdiag info to follow....:cry:

Raven1er, I think you need DirectX 9 but your post is so old, it makes me wonder if anyone is reading this thread anymore.

My problem (see other thread Animations too slow!) sounds similar, the game loads and starts, but when any unit moves, it suddenly slows way down. Haven't tried the Shift key trick, but it sounds like something I noticed back when my Civ3 actually ran (before the reformat.) Once in a while, I'd load up my game, and all units would move really quick. Zip. I didn't like it. But if I just restored my computer to an earlier System Restore Point, it would work.

Now I've reformatted, installed Civ3, and the units move slow. Won't work. I updated my drivers, installed Windows Updates, units still move slow. I'm downloading the patch now, but I'm not optimistic.

I once ran into a similar problem playing Black & White. It turns out, if you reformat, then install B&W, THEN install the Windows Updates, it glitches up your registry, and you have to go through an entire re-format again, then install updates, THEN install the game.

I tell ya. These games have gotten too complex. No one can agree on a shared format, so games have to be written to cover every base, and there are just too many ways for it to get screwed up. Even the best programmers can't plan on every contingency.

If I have to re-format again, and update windows BEFORE installing Civ3 and the patch, I am gonna be pissed. I'm on 56K modem, and it takes ferfrikkin ever to download 23 MB! :mad:

excuse me are u guys talking about the oraginal civ3 cause i have civ3 complete and I thought 2kgames now owns it

excuse me are u guys talking about the oraginal civ3 cause i have civ3 complete and I thought 2kgames now owns it
Atari sold the Civ franchise to 2K Games. They still have the support pages over there though, so the link in the first post still works.

Although for later versions such as Civ3 Complete, you should get support from 2K Games.

Top Bottom