Athenian Democracy

Where the majority rule and the minority can suck it!

Welcome to Greece, home of Athenian Democracy. In Size 4 is this game's motto. Here is how this is going to work:

I will play the game, at my discretion, until I see a point in time I feel is appropriate to put an issue up for vote. I am going to use my own personal discretion to decide what issues are important enough to put up for vote. I will also only call for one vote every 25 turns, or whenever there is an issue I feel important enough to shorten the number of turns. (For instance, I won't be declaring war on anybody without permission from the democracy no matter.

There is no limit to how many people can participate. If there is a tie in the voting, I will cast a vote, thus I will decide for myself.

As I'm making most of the decisions, this will be played on WARLORD as I'm really not that good. I will play on the Earth 18 Civs map.

During Wartime, I will not call votes, period, I will fight the war entirely under my discretion, HOWEVER, before the war starts, I will allow a vote on what the War Goals are and I will take these into account when negotiating with whomever I'm at war with.

DEMOCRACY is ABSOLUTE once I put an issue up for vote.

ANYONE can vote, whether they have been active in the past or not.

I will always leave voting open for at least 24 hours or until 10 people agree on a decision, however, it may be longer.

I reserve the right to play more than 25 turns if there is nothing worth voting on.

I also will be writing a story to start off and after each vote.

Here is the first one:

The year is 4,000 BC, the dawn of humanity. A group of nomads who had no idea of anyone or anything around them looked into the blackness that was beyond them. The leader said "Why should we roam any more, this spot is as good as any." All the people agreed, and they founded Athens.

You may post here ONCE before voting starts simply to state your interest in this game. Also, the stories will become more interesting once the voting starts.

I like you DomINation.

:lol:

Here's the Situation:

The turn is 45 or so. We have two cities, Athens on the starting tile. The year is rougly 2500BC.

We are in contact with the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Russians, Arabians, and British. However, the Romans and Egyptians are particularly of concern as Rome is close by and according to History Greece and Egypt are enemies. We do not have a religion as of yet. All nations are cautious.

One citizen screamed "Invade Egypt!" At the democracy meeting, however, most citizens grumbled and said how that was not practical.

On more practical concerns, the mayor, most esteemed Domination, has called for a vote.

Citizens, should we focus on our military or our economy from here?

Voting will last approximately 24 hours or when one side or the other has 10 votes. However, voting will be open officially until I say so.

Military! We will crush the world beneath our iron soled sandals. :mwaha:

When have greece and egypt ever gone to war??

I vote for balanced!

I also vote to declare war on the british.

When have greece and egypt ever gone to war??

I vote for balanced!

I also vote to declare war on the british.

I suppose Balanced should be an option.

As for Greece and Egypt, Macedonia did but where did I say they did?

While I may allow suggestions for things I didn't put for vote at certain times, they aren't technically allowed and England will not be on our hit list.

You said they were enemies.

Yes it should.

Awww. We cant kill the tommies?

I dont really consider macedonia a greek country, rather its own country.

Not exactly on board. Just testing it out. I may stick around for a while to see if ti gets interesting.

About England- If we end up pursuing a Conquest or Domination Victory we'll get to them. If we pursue some other victory there's no reason to kill them. We'll vote on Victory pursuit and relations with other nations as the game develops.

I'll add in another option for vote:

Do you wanna invade Rome, Egypt, or neither (Votes of Both will not apply, armies will be built first, and this is just for now.)

I guess I'll try this out.

While the rest of the voters and the politicians stood and voted so that their leader could act, there was one man, seemingly "Eastern" in look that stood apart from the yelling, and the voting. Eventually, though he approached the ground, and in a loud booming voice he yelled:

Death to Rome! Let us ally us the Egyptians and sack Rome!

And with that he walked away.

So, AFAIK:

There are two voters in Favor of A Military Focus, One in Favor of a Balanced Focus

Two People support killing Rome (We can't ACTUALLY allign with Egypt yet.)

I support waiting with rome for now. We should balance our apraoch until we have a good base to spam military from. Then, we attack rome.

An early rush would work better.

And I'm aware we can't officially align with them at this point, but its mostly for idea and character.

Top Bottom