Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

Under what conditions does the placement bug occur? I haven't had a bizarre start like many people are describing.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned them, but Immortals are amazing now that they can capture cities.

The way they implemented the game setting saving was completely useless. Rather than just automatically recalling the last game settings you used they force you to save them and load them back again, wasting more clicks and time. Even with that hassle it turns out it's even more useless as it saves the game seeds as well so the first game you start is EXACTLY the same and you have to hit restart which only gives you a new map with the SAME enemy AIs you faced in the original game.

The sad thing is it's just quicker to set your settings manually each new game, completely defeating the purpose.

I'm going to post this here in case it helps someone.

I had the same experience about config settings saving the same exact map. I realized that it saved the game seeds in the config file. So, I loaded the config file, deleted out *both* random seeds, saved the config with those fields blank, and now it works perfectly -- every load is a new set of civs on a new map with all of the other settings in place.

TL/DR: Delete out both seeds in the config (making the fields blank) and save it -- it will then be random like in the old days....

What's the mechanism of these extra CS?
Not a lot, they seem like placeholders in an array or similar, easy just to fill it than have a variable size perhaps?
I'll kick up firetuner tonight and paste in a screen but it's just a list.

I just discovered an interesting little glitch phenomenon.... PHANTOM CITY STATES!!!! Yes, you read that correctly, apparently there are now City States in my list that aren't actually on the map, with city tasks like trade routes that you can't do since they aren't actually there. At first I couldn't figure out why when I clicked on them in the City State list, that the screen wouldn't scroll to them, but then I realized, THEY AREN'T THERE!!!!

This is too funny... :lol:
They're there...as a settler too close to another city-state to found a city. This is the case for both Amsterdam and Palenque in my current island plates game, and I suspect others as well (those are just the two immediately near me). Anyone know if levying an unfounded city-states military gives you control of their settler? I actually know a place nearby where Palenque could settle; they just don't have the tech to get there. :p

They're there...as a settler too close to another city-state to found a city. This is the case for both Amsterdam and Palenque in my current island plates game, and I suspect others as well (those are just the two immediately near me). Anyone know if levying an unfounded city-states military gives you control of their settler? I actually know a place nearby where Palenque could settle; they just don't have the tech to get there. :p

Ahhh thats sounds like a better explanation, the placement bug

They are definitely not there.... I can see the whole map.

Edit: nvm, I didn't read your post correctly. I can actually see the Muscat Settler just sitting there near ARmagh. What's funny is that China has actually spent NINE envoys on this Settler :lol:

I'm going to post this here in case it helps someone.

I had the same experience about config settings saving the same exact map. I realized that it saved the game seeds in the config file. So, I loaded the config file, deleted out *both* random seeds, saved the config with those fields blank, and now it works perfectly -- every load is a new set of civs on a new map with all of the other settings in place.

TL/DR: Delete out both seeds in the config (making the fields blank) and save it -- it will then be random like in the old days....

Thanks for that information, that would make the config files usable but it's still too many clicks and a wait for a load instead of just tweaking a couple of settings and clicking start. Now if they let you set the default configuration file, then it would actually make this whole feature actually usable.

Sounds like you've just invented a new minigame - giving humanitarian aid to displaced CS refugees :lol:

They are definitely not there.... I can see the whole map.

Edit: nvm, I didn't read your post correctly. I can actually see the Muscat Settler just sitting there near ARmagh. What's funny is that China has actually spent NINE envoys on this Settler :lol:
I'm the suzerain of both Palenque and Amsterdam--they may not have cities, but they still give you their bonuses. :p

Sounds like you've just invented a new minigame - giving humanitarian aid to displaced CS refugees :lol:
I try. :lol:

The city state bonus you receive is based on interaction with the City State AI Player entity, not specific cities it has placed, so you can still send envoys to those city states and get a bonus. It basically works exactly like how if you meet another player before you've settled your first city you can still interact and trade with them, even declare war. There might be some UI elements blocked by the fact that they haven't settled but otherwise they still "work," even if this bug is annoying.

Ok, so I did a test and took Suz of my Muscat phantom state.... unfortunately you do not get the settler. I then declared war on them and tried to take the Settler but as soon as I did, it (along with all the units I had levied) reverted back to Muscat.... this is too funny to believe :lol:

Not a lot, they seem like placeholders in an array or similar, easy just to fill it than have a variable size perhaps?
I'll kick up firetuner tonight and paste in a screen but it's just a list.

I mean, how does envoys, suzerain, and quests work for them.
You know, having 1 more scientific city state is always a giant advantage.

I'm starting to get a little disheartened that after over a year and a number of large patches and updates, the AI is still this terrible with glaring bugs in coding and they seem to be unable or uninterested in fixing major bugs in the game all the while introducing new one's with every "update." It feels like we are not making any real progress like we did back in the CivV days.

I think the notion that the game hasn't improved at a similar pace to V is laughable, not even considering it started in a much better place. Were you playing V on release?

No, only changed the icons, still need to scroll.

not true. depends on your graphics settings. I don't need to scroll in the GP screen. I have graphics set at 4K, and UI upscaling set to 150%. no UI upscaling is too small for me at 4K since I have old-guy-vision :)

I thought the $400 for the upgrade to a 4K monitor would be worth it. turns out it doesn't give the main benefit that I thought it would (much larger view of the Civ6 map), but it's till worth it because the UI improves (besides the GP screen there's also less scrolling on the build screen at the right, and the city status screen at the left, and the UI takes up less space on the screen at all four edges of the screen.

A quick way to find coast usually is follow a river. As for direction, head away from mountains if there are any near it. Most of the time you'll hit coast within 5 turns which isn't all that bad, especially when you're Indonesia and will win the pantheon/religion race regardless. I've found a lot of success doing this with Japan.

Not sure if this depends on graphic settings, but if you zoom in, you can see water-flow direction around the rocks. No need to guess.

It's not as funny as knowing those extra CS have always been there visible in firetuner, they have just accidentally shown them.
Hmmm I was sure I saw them some time...seem to be gone now
upload_2017-10-23_20-6-17.png

Under what conditions does the placement bug occur? I haven't had a bizarre start like many people are describing.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned them, but Immortals are amazing now that they can capture cities.

I haven't had any weird placement bugs either. Playing Island Plates, no mods, small map.

I think this is a new bug. I played as Persia and my immortal that I upgraded from my initial warrior was attacking like a swordsman. No ranged attack and was getting damage from offensive attacks and could capture cities.

Anyone else play Persia post patch and notice this behavior from immortals?

Anyone know if hoplites are still getting +10 without another hoplite adjacent?

Top Bottom