Auuughhh! Workers still are so stupid!

Nabob57

Chieftain
I have a beef with workers.

If you are friendly with a civ or CS, your worker should be able to stack with their military. I recently had a road request from a CS and built a road to them. CS's appear to be making a lot more troops than pre-patch and this city was blocked by mountains on one side and units were spammed all around it. My road crew was three hexes away but could not reach because there was a CS pike unit in the way. I waited patiently for it to move one hex toward the city and followed. The pike now could not move because the city had a xbow garrisioned.

Eventually the CS gifted me a longsword and it replaced that pike unit that was in the way. AHA! my road crew immediately moved in next to the city and laid down the road.

And now, I thought I could bring my low ally status back up w/o spending gold. But noooooo. WHen I tried to connect, all I got was road to cancelled.

It seems that the CS had a worker in his city.. I am assuming that is why I could not finish my route.

Workers in a friendly city should NOT be considered when another worker is trying to connect. I have no idea why that worker was just sitting there surrounded by miltary units and not working any tiles. I would have disbanded it for being lazy union workers. :)

Bottom line is that when road building to or through friendly territory, workers should be allowed to stack with miltary while they are building. And no stinking civilian unit in a city should block the attempt to connect that ciy with a road/rail line.

And no stinking civilian unit in a city should block the attempt to connect that ciy with a road/rail line.

Are you using "road to" the city tile, or a tile immediately adjacent?

I think that's the problem. Your worker doesn't have to enter the city tile. Just road to a tile adjacent to the city. If the worker is already there, have him build a road and you're done.

just let the CS build the roads in it's own country. You build a road to the CS's border. That's what I do.

Top Bottom