Awesome Clan has formed!

rkelle7

Chieftain
Hello civ players. I am pleased to announce the formation of a new clan for Civilization 5. It’s called the Awesome Clan, or AWE for short. UniversalSoldier, BuilderFTW, and I are the founding members and we are looking for good players to join our clan.

Benefits of joining clan:

-Learn from other players in the clan

-Take part in elite level games

-Participate in Clan Cup Championships

How to join:

-Contact me at awesome@awesomeciv.com to set a time to play and see if you have what it takes to be in the Awesome Clan.

I also wanted to say that there will be a new tab in the menu options of my website that will now include “Clans.” This webpage will serve as host to all those out there that want to start their own clan. A free webpage will be provided to those starting a clan. I will try to keep the pages updated with your information that you provide me. To start your own clan you must have at least 3 players, a clan name, and a designation such as AWE for your clan. Clan tournaments are right around the corner so join/create a clan today!

-AwesoMe

Just a small thought here. I was memeber of a SC1 clan long time ago (the happy 90th) aswell as some mmorpg (not the 90th and not wow)
and I do think that "clan wars", tournaments, cup championships etc might ad something. I also do think that it is g8 that Awesome provide homepages etc.

What I do feel is thought that however tempting (I was just about to write, Sweet! sign me up!) it might be a good idea if not all top players join the same clan. If having clans is for the reason to ad another depth to the competitive gameplay and not just only for internal admiering there is a need to have not just one but several strong clans.

What I am trying to say is that the players in the lets say top 20-30 should think twise before all apply for memebership in the same clan. Because if we all do we will kind of cripple the good intention that Awesome got here and not contribute to a clan community but just form a club for the top players. So dont think twise about clans, but think twise about all joining the same insted of lets say ask 2-3 more good players and form your own.

So here is what I would like to suggest. We need at least two more clans with top players as founders!

KM I agree 100%. Though it can't prevent friends from playing together. There is already two clans in existance that I know of. VIP and KC. While there hasn't been much activity with those clans I am hoping to set up a clan wars etc with prizes. I think this is just another way we can improve the civilization 5 multiplayer community. And while I am offering a free webpage you can also start a group for free through steam and just give me the link to your webpage if you start a clan and I can include the link in my webpage. Also I want a clan slogan with the clan names at some point in the future. I think Steam webpage is the best bet because it will include all your steam names and how to contact other members of the group. I will post later on how to make this possible. By the way KM you are a good player maybe consider starting your own clan? :)

Come on. No ouch... I just think you would be a great Admin for a clan. You work well with people and have a strong understanding of the game. Take it as a compliment!

To create group/clan steam profile:

1.) Go to "community" in steam
2.) Click on "groups"
3.) Click on "create new group"
*follow directions from there
After finishing send me steam address with players and abriviation you want to use. Such as AWE was not available through steam but will be used by Awesome Clan.

Well. I do take it as a compliment. the thing is... The reason that I am not in any tournament is that I kind of live a life where game time has to adapt after my real life and It is impossible to do the other way around.

therefore. An I am not saying I am. Just that I think about it.. If I do start a clan it will be named:

calix meus inebrians, thats latin for: my cup making me drunk (or... CMI)

This is by no means ment as a joke (or maybe a little) but that it s okey for members to not be able to participate in an event because real life got in the way however insignificant the reason is.
NOTE not beeing able to participate is not the same as saying you will and then not show up. doing that s just rude. It is to say when an event is announced that you cant be in it.

...So for all members of this clan (that, take note do not exist yet and might never exist) If there is a clan club championship or other clan event and u are not able to attend due to other stuff in real life. all memebers have to accept if you say. ..sry I wish I could attend, but you see I cant beacuse calix meus inebrians :)

So.. if you might be intrested in founding a clan like this just PM me on steam or write me in civplayer chat and we might just make one...

hmm also. I may and may not start a clan so these are rules that my or may not apply how ever they are in case of existence of named clan very much important.

1. At least 30 registered games and civplayers (reason is Id like dedicated MP players) but exceptions to the rule can be made in case calix meus inebrians

2. You see the game for what it is, A game, but exceptions to the rule can be made in case calix meus inebrians. After all if CIV is your life then who am I do judge you.

3. ...And this one is indeed very important. You see the players for what they are, Real human beeings with real emotions. Hence treat them that way. Regardless of if CIV is your life or not and this one is regardles of if calix meus inebrians.

4. If you may or may not have a dog or girlfriend/boyfriend that limits your gametime (Not very important)

5. You feel that quotes, expecially the latin ones are nice.

6. well... thats about it so faar...

u need 100+ ACTIVE players in a game to have use of clans, guilds ...

1 group needs consist out of 10+ people to get things rolling and without having multiple groups competing its pointless to divide the allready small community into even smaller pieces.

u need 100+ ACTIVE players in a game to have use of clans, guilds ...

1 group needs consist out of 10+ people to get things rolling and without having multiple groups competing its pointless to divide the allready small community into even smaller pieces.

Tommy is right, the reason Civ5 clans have not grown well yet is a simple relation to the number of core MP players. In Civ3 and Civ4 on the league, we had over 300 active players(600+ registered) at the peak, this is really the "sweet spot" for clans to form.

You have to remember that clans are composed of the core players only, casual MP players don't form or join clans, not active ones anyway. Plus clans need motivated, good leadership, that want their clan to succeed.

In the past, clans took huge pride in there clan tags and their performance in the CCC. Strategies were protected by the clans, secret practices too place, clans ran their own Teamspeak servers etc etc.

I hope we can form more active clans in the Civ5 league, but we really need first to grow the league for that to happen first, we have only a 100 active players right now, that is not realistically enough of a player base to grow clans. To have a CCC we would need a min of 8 clans, at an average of 10 players per clan to cover off all events in a CCC, that would mean 80% of the league would have to belong to clans, and that is just not realistic.

Maybe a few active clans that started training new players would help grow the league, and maybe we could use that to snowball the league, but in reality the league can't grow substantially until Firaxis fixes Civ5 MP, I as the owner of CivPlayers I can only do so much to counteract the state of Civ5 MP, with social structures, and a centre of gravity for MP.

CS

While I agree there might not be enough players right now to field lots of clans. 8+ etc. The point of making clans in my mind is to get better and get more organized. Its not to divide the community but make it stronger. I feel that after the expansion pack gods and kings comes out more people will give multiplayer a try again. So having clans and leagues readily available I think would benefit growing the community.

-AwesoMe

While yes, but it is very simple to fix our number problems, if firaxis would make this game truely stable enough to play larger games 8+ people, CS could simply could send out a universal e-mail to everyone in CP which is a lot of people and if we could get maybe half of them back, there you go. There are your clans. But in reality it doesnt look like firaxis will be fixing it anytime soon..

Hey Guys,

Tell me about the clans. How do they generally work? What is the weekly time commiment? When do they play? Is it all Live MP play or is there SP also. Is it at all like FPS clans given the time span of a game?

Thanks for the info

Von

Hey Guys,

Tell me about the clans. How do they generally work? What is the weekly time commiment? When do they play? Is it all Live MP play or is there SP also. Is it at all like FPS clans given the time span of a game?

Thanks for the info

Von

I can't really speak about FPS clans as I was never involved with one. Clans and how they work internally are not regulated by Civplayers, we just give clans a place to register and a competition to compete in.

The amount of time commitment would really be a factor of how good at the game the clan wants to be as a team, some clans just want to have fun playing with each other, which other clans do like to win and spend lots of time practicing different tactics and strategies to do so.

CS

Top Bottom