AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
JFD, I don't have the slightest clue what that is; I've been on hiatus for the last 6-ish months.

Anyway, Samanid update:

Spoiler :

Samanid Changelog
Spoiler :
  • Bugfix: E&D patches for Events and Decisions alike formally incorporated.
  • Bugfix: Ghulam now actually give gold upon their death.
  • New icons for: Leader, UU, UB, Civilization.
  • New Diplomacy Screen.
  • New Dawn of Man screen.
  • New map image.

There's also been an Asturias update:

Asturias Changelog
Spoiler :
  • Bugfix: E&D have stopped erasing all decisions and have thus been reincorporated.
  • New icons for: Leader, UU, UB, Civilization.

The new icons aren't too dramatically different from the old ones (the main thing is that they've been resized to the proper 172px radius, although the Mozarab and Pelagius icons are marginally different), so I'm not going to show the infographic here.

The OP has been updated for the so-far updated civs.

Taiwan and hopefully Georgia should be next on the list. (Then probably Livonia, a fix to some rather hard-to-detect defects with the Urartu update, and finally the Minoans.)

Glad to see the Samanids updated. Always nice to have more Iranian civs, especially since they have a Culdiv group now. :D

Say, didn't the civs use blue font in-game? I can't remember.

Hey, those new leaderscenes look really good. This overhaul is more than welcome as they give a completly new (and fancy!) face to your civilizations.

Inuit link is broken. I think JFD may be referring to Discord.

Last edited:
Fixed.

Sorry for the lack of updates; I've just been kind of burnt out. The Taiwan update would be ready to release if I knew the Lua method to give a lump sum of science to a player. I tried TeamTechs.ChangeResearchProgress, but it seems to be deprecated. Any other ideas?

Fixed.

Sorry for the lack of updates; I've just been kind of burnt out. The Taiwan update would be ready to release if I knew the Lua method to give a lump sum of science to a player. I tried TeamTechs.ChangeResearchProgress, but it seems to be deprecated. Any other ideas?

E&D has a SaveUtils-requiring utility for this, if you wanna make that concession.

Turns out I didn't need it; I was just passing the completely wrong parameters to TeamTechs.ChangeResearchProgress.

Which means the Taiwan update is ready to download:

Spoiler :

Taiwan Changelog
Spoiler :

• Compatibility added for: Civ IV Traits, Cul Div, E&D, P&P, Unique Cultural Influence
  • Renamed UA to "The Taiwan Miracle".
  • New icons for: Leader, UU, UB, Civilization
  • New Diplomacy Screen.
  • New Dawn of Man screen.
  • New map image.

I also made two small updates to the Samanids and Kurdistan:
Spoiler :
Samanid Changelog
Spoiler :

• Bugfix: Removed a disabling runtime error from Decisions compatibility.
  • Bugfix: Removed the official 16NP blue from the UA text.

Kurdistan Changelog
Spoiler :

• Bugfix: Updated an outdated utility function file that was interfering with the Inuit.

Georgia will be ready to re-release (with E&D) once I figure out how to get Dynamic TopPanel Yields working. It's not broken, as such - which is to say, it's not throwing an error, but it's also not doing what it's intended to do. (Or anything, for that matter)

Also, if any kind soul wants to find the YnAEMP coordinates for any of my civs, then I can start adding compatibility for that in.

once I figure out how to get Dynamic TopPanel Yields working.

Be sure to use the DTP from Piety, rather than the one on CFC - the CFC one's outdated these days iirc.

Once you've got that, the function has to only pass the playerID and must return only the yield.

Thanks! i wait to see Catalhoyuk updated! all the new ones the LH and icons looks very fine, only a Little thing,both decisions don't work,the first i'm not sure about the 15% of food carried but i'm sure don't give +1 of faith to shrines, the second don't give +1 of food and culture to pastures.
Thanks again for update this (awesome) civ!

Hello again! today i was testing your Urartu civ, all Works fine for me, only i find two minor "issues" on both specific decissions, but both of them works in game perfectly:
-"inscribe the walls of" doesn't appear on the decisions menu until you have walls constructed and have researched writing,(i know the prerequisites cause i see on civcustom wikia).
-The second, i don't remember the name, its on the decisons menu ,but when you put the mouse over the decision, you don't see further information about how enact them, effects etc.
As i said above, i think not much important, but only for put this in your knowledge (and maybe other people who play with this civ!)
Great work! very intersting civ...:thumbsup:

Does Çatalhöyük not have a "preferred" religion, even with HR Complete? (Are there even any that would make sense for it?)

The Civ5 modding community seems to have more or less died with the advent of Civ6. But, 16NP hasn't met its goal yet, so I'm still here.

I actually meant to release this teaser 2 days ago, but I guess I forgot.

I really, really, really need anyone handy at artwork willing to help with two leaderscenes. Normally I'd just follow Leugi's tutorial, but I can't find any leader parts that seem to visually fit the leaders I'm trying to make.

The Civ5 modding community seems to have more or less died with the advent of Civ6. But, 16NP hasn't met its goal yet, so I'm still here.
The Civ5 modding community hasn't died yet, check out Discord, it's still quite active with new mods coming quite usually. You're in the server with most of the people.

I could give the artwork a shot, but that's about how well I did with art, so...
Spoiler :

Anyway, I can probably do something with it.

The Civ5 modding community hasn't died yet, check out Discord, it's still quite active with new mods coming quite usually. You're in the server with most of the people.

I could give the artwork a shot, but that's about how well I did with art, so...
Spoiler :

Anyway, I can probably do something with it.

Gpuzz smh dun go round telling the pepls that [REDACTED] exists :mad [FAMILY_FRIENDLY_FORUM]:

But yea AW come join us is funsies :p

We miss you...........plus the modding community really did move to Discord.

Here, have some birthday civs

A couple notes:

1) Introducing [LUL]. Many of my civs use the same set of utility function files. But everytime I need a new utility function, I have to add it to the utility files, and then I have to update and reupload every other civ that uses those files, or else because of how VFS works, the nonupdated version could override the updated version - this actually happened in a test with both the Inuit and Kurdistan; since Kurdistan was loaded second, the Inuit UA stopped working.

Basically, it's a big mess.

My solution is to host all the utility functions externally, in a "utility mod" of sorts, so that other mods need only include that mod as a dependency and tap into the contained resources. Then, when I want to update the utilities, I need only update 1 mod. The Berber pack is the first to do so. This new utility mod is called the Lua Utility Library, or LUL for short. I'm going to start switching all my mods to it. The Berber pack has it listed as a dependency, so you'll need to pick that up, which you can do here:

Download [LUL] v4 (12.8 KB)

2) The Berber Pack is a work in progress. I misjudged the amount of time I needed, and also I really got sick of working on it, so a lot of stuff didn't get done. I think it's still a good mod, there's just a couple components missing, like good leaderscenes (my current ones are sub-par placeholders by myself), Civ and Leader pedia texts, and - you're all going to hate me for this - E&D and YnAEMP.

I was expecting that I'd have to update. And, as it turns out, I will. But I wanted to release what I had done today.

If you want E&D, you can help by suggesting ideas for events and decisions, because I couldn't find anything good for them.

3) The Sun Soon Sets on 16NP.
Let me just run through a basic timeline of what remains to do for 16NP, because the list is rather short - I don't intend to mod for much longer.

• Update Peaks of Atlas for artwork/YnAEMP/E&D
    • April Fool's Day Release
    • Finish up New Face of 16NP updates (for Livonia, Georgia and Minoans)
    • Minor Operation F6C3-U21
    • The Final Release
    • Miscellaneous bugfixes whenever I feel like it
    • Upload to Steam Workshop once everything is immaculate
Anyone who wants to help can do so primarily in the area of compatibility for other mods. After all, the compatibility doesn't exist for my benefit, since I hardly play anyway, much less with anything other than new civilization mods. Basically I need:

• E&D ideas (both E and D) for all the Peaks of Atlas civs and all the Final Release civs
    • YnAEMP coordinates (for whatever the most recent version is) for every civ. Better yet, someone could write the SQL for it too, since I can never figure out which tables pair with which maps.
    • Anything else you people want compatibility for, that you can explain to me how to add compatibility for

That is all. The old Berbers have officially been removed from the Project. I just need to update the OP to show it...
- AW

Last edited:
Thanks for this release AW!

I have an issue when I use any your cuvs with JFD Cultural Diversity v13. When enabled with your civs all others civs starts with the Colonial culture trait. Any ideas?

Top Bottom