bad design of recruitment

bill2505

King
recently i was playing Europa Barbarorum .i was amased in their recruitment system and more spesicically the aor (area of recruitment).what is this. in some regions you can train some units that in some regions you cant. one other thing that i loved was the fact that when you conqured a new region you couldnt recruit you own unit nor strong enemy units. in order to recruit some soldiers you you had either to give some forms of local autonomy (then you could recruit some of their own units) or integrate them slowly to your culture and you could recruit some of your own but not all

i know that city goverment, nationality and stuff like that are already suggested(i wont focus too much)

my suggestion are this
0 not build able to build any serious military without the infastracture (no organized infantry without barracks and cavalry without stable:the now system of building units without stables is gross
1 when you capture a city you cant recruit anything
.when you have killed the people΄s son(the soldiers) ,bombard them the are not going to be very happy to serve you
2 after the city is conquered it must be in total chaos(stability hits, minus happiness ).
.historically when a city was conqured the control of the city was handed to military governors (until a more permanent solution was found)
so a new city building "military occupation" this building is going to be short build time and will offer some benefits

2b as i said when you conquer a town you cant recuit regular army(first because of the conqured people non willingness and because there is no army organization yet).so a king or governor what you chose. if you have an ideology goverment (fascism and communism) you would recruit fascist or communist sympathizers , a nearly weak unit but with hight morale and fanatism(two new units) . when you implement city ideology using the flamability system (when you do and if) the number of units will be based on ideology. otherwise you can recruit only special mercenary units

3 after that you have to chose a goverment (without a goverment you can build any military building) a slow process (at least 10 turns).
after that you will be able slowly to build army

4 a new building (recently conquered) will give bad promotions to those units build in town to represent local people dissent
5 recruitment ( how much and how quickly) will depend on some factors like city culture (nationality not the correct culture ) ,city goverment and national goverment

those suggestion are going to greatly enchant the game (the 0 suggestion specialy)

I like this and agree especially
0 1 2

Stone thrower - require stone gatherer ;)

I think that you should able to build units without baracks but it should be conscript units. Civilians with weapons. They should have negative promotions to represent that they are not skilled wariors. Like in civ 3
Conscript had 2hp
Regular 3hp
Veteran 4hp
Elite 5hp

Top Bottom