Barbarian Heroes

Rex rgis of Ter

Me I'm a Creator
Improvments for Orthus

• Orthus' Axe should give a Summon Orc spell, which he would use often
  • Give Orthus March
  • Give Orthus Combat I & II
  • Give Orthus City Raider

Make the Leviathan and Ape heroes spawn more often. I have only seen them once, and all land was taken. He spawned next to the Amurite capital defended by Firebows.

Barbatos & Acheron Rock ;)

New Barbarian Heroes

Not all of these units would spawn in a single game.

Emperor Necarus
Spawn Time- 75-100 (Standard)
Strength- 7
Abilities- Spawns with 5 skeletons. Starts with Summoning, Sorcery, Death I, Morale
Story- In the Age of MAgic, a small kingdom that worshipped Arwan existed. Their king was Necarus. Now dead he has turned from his master who failed to reward him. He exists as a great Necromancer in Erebus.
Troll Chief Strength
Spawn Time- 50- 100
Strength- 8
Abilities- Spawns with 5 Troll Clansmen (New Barbarian Unit, Stength 5). Starts with Guardsman, Morale, City Raider I
Story- The Trolls are a minor race in Erebus. They stay in their forest, unless lead by a great Chief. He will lead a clan to war on civilization.
Lyra the Druidess
Spawn Time-100-125
Strength-8
Abilities-Nature I & II, Sorcery, Summoning, Spawns with 3 Bears
Story- Lyra, a Half Faun, Half Elf, hates all that is ordered. She and her Bear companion will attack any civilizaed person who enters her wilderness.
Lord of Cocytus
Spawn Time- When Hyborem Spawns (50% chance)
Strength- Strength 15, 2 Unholy
Abilities-City Raider I & II, Death and Entropy, I, II,III, Sorcery, spawns with 5 Sect of Flies
Story- The Lord of Cocytus controls one of the three rivers running through Hell. Now that he can enter Erebus, he seeks to extend his Demonic domain much farther.
Pan
Spawn Time- When FoL is founded (50% chance)
Strength- 10 strength
Abilities- Woodsman I & II, spawns with 5 Fauns, Bombard Ability
Story- Like Lyra, Pan hates all civilization. A fallen angel of Sucellus, Pan leads his disciples, the Fauns, to expand the wilderness.

I like most of these, I can think of a few limitations that wouldmake this even better.

For exapmle, Pan could attack any non FOL civ. cocytus could enter the world on the other side of hyborem (or as close to it as possible, on, land)

Necarus is too much like barbatos, though.

though some more craetures could be created.

They all need a reward for killing them, Orthus and Barbatos have equipment, Acheron has a wonder and the beasts are subdueable, but these don't have any reward.

Yeah! This would be a great addition. Much better than the giant monkeys. I'd like to see them drop special objects like Orthus' Axe.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Spawn Time-any.
Strength - 1
Ability- converts any units without loyalty that attacks her. it takes a unit with loyalty to beat her. any unit she converts stays on a stack with her, but slowly weakens more and more. any attacker has to beat her followers.

Only problem one sees is cette belle femme violerait le ai. :p
Some of these are most interesting though I already fear the overlap of Orthos and Barbatos near my base, a greater potential overlap sounds most painful !

What ever happened to Sailor's Dirge (is that the correct name)? I don't think I've seen it in ages.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Spawn Time-any.
Strength - 1
Ability- converts any units without loyalty that attacks her. it takes a unit with loyalty to beat her. any unit she converts stays on a stack with her, but slowly weakens more and more. any attacker has to beat her followers.

That would be impossibly good. If she spawned immediately then there is no possible way to get loyalty for ages, there'd be no way to stop her.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Spawn Time-any.
Strength - 1

She'd eat up all the AI units that go charging in after the "Str 1" unit. Meanwhile, she'd be no threat to humans who know to leave her alone until they get Loyalty.

What ever happened to Sailor's Dirge (is that the correct name)? I don't think I've seen it in ages.

It's still in the 'pedia. I miss it, too.

I'll try my hand at a hero:

Sterdina Phinden, the Malcontent
Spawn: uncommon event, only when AC is greater than 40
Recon Unit
7 :strength: 3 :move:
Starts with Invisible, Marksman, Command, Cloak of the Hidden Alley (see below), Hero, Magic Resistant, Commando, Chaos III, Sorcery

Can withdraw from combat (50% chance)
-25% city combat

If possible, have an event which triggers if she attacks a city with Aeron's Bounty, allowing you to pay a moderate sum of money to strip her of the "Invisible" promotion (which she can regain on her next turn), a large sum of money to teleport her into a rival's territory, or nothing if you either don't care about her or already know where she is.

Cloak of the Hidden Alley (Item): Can only be used by Assassins or Shadows; +50% urban combat, +20% maintenence in nearby cities (ie cities with this unit in the fat cross)

Top Bottom