Battlestar Galactica Raptor MRV and variants

tom2050

Deity
Battlestar Galactica Raptor MRV and variants

The Raptor's primary function with the Colonial Defense Force is as an electronic warfare platform. It is designed for reconnaissance, scout operations, electronic countermeasures supporting Vipers, marine assaults, ambulance, EVAC, and general transport. Raptors can also carry external munitions to assist Vipers against large targets.

Variants include:
The base Multi-Role Vehicle.
The Combat MRV which has a large gun on each wing.
The Anti-aircraft MRV with topside missile pods.
The Support Platform MRV for use in ground assault (bottomside cannon, missiles, and rockets).

Awesome unit! I was wondering if anyone will be making any sci-fi units. This looks like a pretty good unit. can't wait to see what scenario I can build around it to use:)

EDIT: And not just one, but FOUR Versions!?! You just made the rest of my year!

Battlestar Galactica units, that´s great! :)

Yeah, I had planned to use it for the others if it looked ok. I want to add in the basic Raptor and then upgrade it with additional techs to add other features (thanks SO MUCH for including the missile batteries!)
Is there no Viper? I don't remember seeing one, but sometimes there are missing units in the DB.

As far as I know there is not. NavyDawg made some capital ships which had little tiny Vipers in some of their animations, but not a full-on unit. I remember asking him if he'd ever planned to do one, but he disappeared before I got a reply.

Is there no Viper? I don't remember seeing one, but sometimes there are missing units in the DB.

tom2050, unfortunately for Civ 3 there is no Viper and no Cylon Basestar (the original one from the old series).

If you do end up making any other BSG units, you might consider making them a bit darker, or maybe just a more gray color. I tried out the Raptors on my space terrain last night and they are pretty bright compared to the other ships we have, as well as the space background. Did you mean for them to be used in space for for regular ground maps?

That is the first unit I tried with new lighting... it was really bright before I darkened it quite a bit. Plus my screen plays tricks on me sometimes, as the screen brightness is different depending on where you view it from. If it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps post a screenshot (for comparison) so I know how much to darken it. I don't have space terrain and all that setup so I didn't test it first.

Actually, now that I look at it again, I think it's more of a contrast issue than lightness itself. You can see in this image some ships by other artists and they are all just as bright. Also I think part of what I was seeing is that I had forgotten that Raptors are brown, since it's hard to tell when they're in-flight.

Attachments

• Space-Ships.JPG
    Space-Ships.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,146
Top Bottom