Be a Superhero with TeamCFC. Help us perform miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what you want? TeamCFC Statistics Pages:

At Stanford Folding@Home:

Team Page

At ExtremeOverclockers:

Summary Page
Users List
User Counts
Overtake Projections
I've also picked up these links from posters in this thread
F@H Stats
Extreme overclocking, Team Overall Rank

Heh, I'm also working my way through a 20000 one. About three quarters of the way through. I had some nice easy 100's and 250s though, suppose I'm just making up for it.

About 75% of all my WU have been 20,000 frames

They find out how long a standard Pentium XYZ machine takes to process the work unit, and scale the points accordingly.

certain work units attract a bonus as well, usually because they use more memory or other system resources. The project number will give you the information you need

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

gives you the link to how many points you will get and what the deadlines are.

Currently I am folding a 2124. From the link I can tell that this is worth 396 points. If I look at the log file I can tell that this takes between 57 minutes and 1 hr to make 1% progress. This means it will take 100 hrs to earn 396 points. This gives me 95 points per day which is pretty standard.

I also folded a 2414. this was taking me 1h 5m to make 1% progress however this unit is worth 600 points so it was giving me about 133 points per day. This is one of the large work units, (you have to tick the box to say that you want them, and you don't always get them) because they use more memory you get a bonus. I didn't notice a difference in performance, but you might.

Some people go as far as benchmarking different processors so that they know which units fold faster on which processors, and therefore which processors to buy for their "folding farms". These could even consist of networked processors that are only used for folding and so are cut down as far as possible (no screen, minimal hard drive, just processor, Ram and networking connections). Its a Geeks paradise

must get more members fast.. were crashing!

That link doesn't work for me, but this one tells a sad story. Active users down seven in the last month, in spite of five new ones coming on board.

Just getting some of our 100 ex-folders back on the team would help!

any ideas how to grab their attention?

If their folding names were the same as their forum names then PMs would be the obvious way. Appeal to their sense of community :p

if only there was a pm all members option.. i guess theres no way of us folders being in a seperate user group?

I dunno if hassling them is polite; they've made a value judgement already. I know I hate it when a charity keeps on knocking on my door after I give a donation

yea i suppose so.. but broken once, i can break em again :p

I think pm'ing people to convince them to fold is rather rude. If they want to they already know how, if not, they probably have their reasons.

edit - ooh ninjaed!

I dunno if hassling them is polite; they've made a value judgement already. I know I hate it when a charity keeps on knocking on my door after I give a donation
They may not have made a conscious decision. They could just have bought a new PC, or re-installed Windows.

one pm is justafiable i feel.. repeated ones not so.

I think this thread is enough of a reminder; they know the option is here.

When the new thread starts up, I don't think the regulars should spam it up, either. Give people a crack at reading a thread that doesn't explode into 10 pages on the first go.

Exactly.. but we need to get it to the fully legal 1000, not simply close and start afresh like before.

If we could create a news story - then perhaps we could persuade Thunderfall to put something on the main page. Perhaps something like

"A Team of people from the forum have been using spare computing power to fold protiens for Stanford University. This work helps study potential cuases of Altziemers, Cancer and other diseases. They are now amoungst the top 400 teams in the world. Over 100 people from the forums have helped at some point, although there are currently just over 50 active members"

But what we really need is some milestone or landmark to make it newsworthy. E.g. 1 year after we started folding, getting in to the top 300

Any ideas?

I think Sloz.. I mean Abaddon has tried to get Thunderfall to make a newspost about it before to no avail. One year and going for top 300 would be a good idea though. When did this team start?

"A Team of people from the forum have been using spare computing power to fold protiens for Stanford University. This work helps study potential cuases of Altziemers, Cancer and other diseases. They are now amoungst the top 400 teams in the world. Over 100 people from the forums have helped at some point, although there are currently just over 50 active members"

^^ Well said, I've Copied it onto the CFC OT Wiki Page :goodjob:

Yeah general null responce.. i even pm'd every mod at one point.. only 2 even bothered to reply to me i think :(

I would join but I have a similar program already running... I don't want my computer to run slowly if it's running both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom