Best Civ Mod?

YuvalShs

Chieftain
Hey.
im new here.. i finish civ iii more then 50 times and i want to download new mods such as complete conversion or more unit or even terrain graphic..

what you can recommend me to download? and how to install them?

i've got Civ III Complete Edition.

thanks and sorry about my english.

Check out the "Creation and Customization" forum. There are hundreds of Mods and Scenarios (with installation instructions).

:confused: I am almost embarrassed to ask, but how does one find this sub-forum? Please don't supply a link because that won't teach me to navigate this place, which I have always found baffling.

:confused: I am almost embarrassed to ask, but how does one find this sub-forum? Please don't supply a link because that won't teach me to navigate this place, which I have always found baffling.
The simplest way is probably to go up to the bar at the top of the CFC screen, mouse-over the 'General' pull-down menu, and then click on 'Forums' -- this will give you a list of all the subforums for all the Civ games.

Then scroll down(, down, down) to the CivIII section and click on the 'Creation & Customisation' link, which is where all the hardcore CivIII-modders hang out and upload their stuff.

Sorry no screenshots -- not sure how to do that on a Mac (and shouldn't really be here during working hours anyway...) ;)

Check out the "Creation and Customization" forum. There are hundreds of Mods and Scenarios (with installation instructions).

Hey, thanks for your replay.

i was there but there is too much mods and most of them there is not installation instructions. because of that i asking here what to download and install to make my civ iii more realistic?

The simplest way is probably to go up to the bar at the top of the CFC screen, mouse-over the 'General' pull-down menu, and then click on 'Forums' -- this will give you a list of all the subforums for all the Civ games.

Then scroll down(, down, down) to the CivIII section and click on the 'Creation & Customisation' link, which is where all the hardcore CivIII-modders hang out and upload their stuff.

Sorry no screenshots -- not sure how to do that on a Mac (and shouldn't really be here during working hours anyway...) ;)

Thanks tjs282! You just opened a whole new world for me :)

(for Mac screenshots, place the cursor at the top left corner of the frame you want to capture and hold down these keys: shift, command, 4, then drag the cursor rightwards and downwards and let go. Capturing the entire screen is probably shift, command 3 but I never use it so I ain't sure.)

They all go in the Scenarios folder. So if C3C, Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios. The .BIQ, and the mod folder if there is one.

They will then show up in Civ-Content

You didn't understand what im saying..
i know where i can find the mods but i want to know witch mod you can recommend to me? and there is a lot of things to download and i know each thing you need to install it in other places..

Well, that depends mainly on your taste, doesn't it? Some like those werewolf/zombie mods, some don't...
But I guess you can't go wrong, if you try "Age of Imperialism"... It's a legend...! :D

Scenarios? Age of Imperialism, Hegemon, RFRE, Twilight of Byzantium, The Rood and the Dragon, Rise and Fall fo the Mughals, The Ancient Maya, just to name a few you could play.

You didn't understand what im saying..
i know where i can find the mods but i want to know witch mod you can recommend to me? and there is a lot of things to download and i know each thing you need to install it in other places..

You said there is not installation instructions. Which is why I said what I said.

Well, that depends mainly on your taste, doesn't it? Some like those werewolf/zombie mods, some don't...
But I guess you can't go wrong, if you try "Age of Imperialism"... It's a legend...! :D

My teste is not zombies and etc... i prefer most realistic mods of our age and older ages..
i want that you will reccomend me the best terrain mod, total conversion and units..
(and i want to know how to install units from sub-forum).

I would recommend Anno Domini (ancient-medieval) as a good scenario to play. Even Anno Domini II Demo is fun to play, but there are some errors that appear later in gameplay that you would have to fix.

For Terrain Mod, probably Ares de Borg's terrain.

I would recommend Anno Domini (ancient-medieval) as a good scenario to play. Even Anno Domini II Demo is fun to play, but there are some errors that appear later in gameplay that you would have to fix.

Thanks. i download Ares de borg's terrian and its amazing.
now just good mods left for me to install :)

and one more question, i download couple of units, how to install them?

and there is some israeli mod for the game? or israeli civ?

And about Anno Domini - can you give me the newer version of this mod? i couldnt find..

Hmmm, Israel itself, I don't think, but the area is featured in some places.
There is Beta Israel, the African jews around Ethiopia, in Plotinus' African Scenario.

Also, a mod I forgot to mention: somewhere there is a Hell terrain which I have installed here. Playing on darkened terrain and having all water turn to lava is quite cool. If you have the time you can have maps with both Hell and regular terrain.
I myself use Sn00py's terrain, currently.

My teste is not zombies and etc... i prefer most realistic mods of our age and older ages..
i want that you will reccomend me the best terrain mod, total conversion and units..

and there is some israeli mod for the game? or israeli civ?

Rhye's of Civilization is a lot more realistic than the original game, and it has an israeli civ. They are religious and scientific, with judaism as both early and later religion (other civs have two different), and maccabees and merkavas as unique units.

Top Bottom