Beta test: I'm IN!!!!

A few more enslaved programmers would have helped.

Yay me!
They obviously are in awe of my culture; I am in. Now to obtain some free technology...

Well myself and Friederick, both Admins over at Civ3players Ladder have been excepted as beta tester and hope to improve the performance of the multiplayer aspects for sure. I've emailed the signed NDA and the waiting is killing me....

Cheers CanuckSoldier

Just signed and scanned my NDA and emailed it.

I feel stupid though: 3 of the 4 pages i scanned i saved as jpegs. 1 of them was a 24 bit bitmap that took 10 megs. Didnt catch that until later though (wondered why it took so long to upload).

If you were accepted - it is VITAL that the NDA's be returned ASAP. For those people who signed up and will not be sending their NDA: You shouldn't have signed up!! Plenty of people on this posting would have appreciated your NOT signing up so THEY could have been accepted.

Congrats to everyone who did get in! To everyone who did not: We got over 8000 applications and it was a tough list to go through. We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and your interest in being a part of the creation of C3C!

Jesse Smith

Producer, Civilization 3: Conquests

Will the people who dont resond/accept/obide by the NDA be replaced? I will do anything to be on the team!

I will downgrade, upgrade, whatever!

Otherwise, here is my spammy crying post:

:( :cry: :( :cry: :( :confused:

Well, enjoy yourself if you got accepted. And if you quit, please, recommend me!!!

I posted every single little detail about my computer (I even ran out of room writing down my video card name and all those little numbers) and my computer is very unique (so they would have wanted to test it) I even made suggestions in that comment box thing. :(

I wonder: did they pick anyone outside the US? If so, did they only pick native english speakers?

Oh whatever. I am not in. I am quite sick of it, not your fault. It's mine; I am a bad loser.

Originally posted by whb
Those who were asked to take part -- when you registered did you use the same username as on CivFanatics? After I submitted my application, I had a suddeng pang of thought that I should have kept mine the same and submitted as "whb" [my CFC username] instead of "whb21" [my university username].

Nice to see another Cambridge student here! :)

sgrig,

There are more of us around, including a mod. ;)

(ex cambridge student now Anarres ;) )

This thread will prove very useful when the time comes to find individuals to blame and berate for failing to spot and nix the seemingly inevitable swarm of bugs this expansion pack will ship with ;)

Originally posted by Eklektikos
This thread will prove very useful when the time comes to find individuals to blame and berate for failing to spot and nix the seemingly inevitable swarm of bugs this expansion pack will ship with ;)
And all those who have been picked, will soon know that spotting a bug, doesn't fix it. And that fixing a bug is likely to cause 10 other bugs to appear. :)

Originally posted by Hygro
Just signed and scanned my NDA and emailed it.

I feel stupid though: 3 of the 4 pages i scanned i saved as jpegs. 1 of them was a 24 bit bitmap that took 10 megs. Didnt catch that until later though (wondered why it took so long to upload).

Ummm... I thought it said to just scan in the last page signed and send it in.... I only sent one page in. Maybe I should have known to give 110%.

I took a leaf out of kittenOFchaos' book and emailed to check whether the NDA had been received. It had! Great!! A load off my mind!!! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Isak
And all those who have been picked, will soon know that spotting a bug, doesn't fix it.

You got that right, Isak. I don't know why some people think that a game was inadequately tested if it still has bugs when it ships. The testers may have been well aware of the bugs.

Originally posted by warpstorm

You got that right, Isak. I don't know why some people think that a game was inadequately tested if it still has bugs when it ships. The testers may have been well aware of the bugs.

"They" think that cos they are a bunch of bankers ;)

Top Bottom