Betting and Speculation - The "Entirely Separate Hypercube" Civ!

Venice
You can produce units in Allied City States and you gain X % of their culture, science, faith and gold scaling down by the number of your cities.
Grow your empire with trade and diplomacy ! :D

Well, considering the Fourth Dimension is sometimes regarded as time, it could fit well with the "Moving your city" concept some are thinking...

A hypercube is a 4d object where the fourth dimension is spatial, not temporal.

Ummm, you're slightly misinformed

Receives +3 Gold and +1 Culture for each International Trade Route with a different civ or City-State. The Trade Route owners receive +2 Gold for each Trade Route sent to Morocco.

Ohhh, totally misread that. In that case, I take it back. Maybe they are doing something crazy with Venice after all.

Possibilities that are outside the box in comparison to normal gameplay

Venice - with some sort of land reclamation ability or Buying CS's (no settlers at all).
The City States - you pick one and start with no added abilities at all. Possibly no settler option.
A camp only civ - you only have 1 square around each camp rather than 3 (that could fit native american with small tribal camps rather than big cities or even Inuit)
A Barbarian civ you cant found cities you can only capture them. Start with a camp (see above)
A customisable civ - You pick the abilities from a list of provided options. If this was planned to be the last expansion initially then that might make sense.
A one city only civ - Something like Troy.

Possibilities that are outside the box in comparison to normal gameplay

Venice - with some sort of land reclamation ability or Buying CS's (no settlers at all).
The City States - you pick one and start with no added abilities at all. Possibly no settler option.
A camp only civ - you only have 1 square around each camp rather than 3 (that could fit native american with small tribal camps rather than big cities or even Inuit)
A Barbarian civ you cant found cities you can only capture them. Start with a camp (see above)
A customisable civ - You pick the abilities from a list of provided options. If this was planned to be the last expansion initially then that might make sense.
A one city only civ - Something like Troy.

Buying CSes would not work unless Austria is retooled. But why just exchange one UA with another for the new civ? If Venice has to acquire their cities, there needs to be a separate mechanic. Buy CSes, yes. Maybe a boost to Tourism that induces city flipping. Then what does that leave Austria with? Something needs to change there. I don't buy this OCC civ when that is a default option as is.

I've thought it would cool if there was an "anti-Austria": someone who could turn their own cities into allied city-states.

If you settle on another continent and the population reaches 6 or something like that you have an option to form a new city-state.

That would be the one to play as for diplomatic victory, but would make it far too easy, I think.

I support the OCC theory, with the ability to purchase other cities with Culture.
Or a Canal UI.

Being able to convert barbs to bully other civs without DOW is also nice gameplay, but though to let it work as a UA for a civ.

As Venice you play as Enrico Dandolo:
Spoiler :
:rolleyes:

And of course you get a bonus when you sack Constantinople ;)

Playing a civ that simulates being blind would be pretty unique. I think you're on to something. This could be it.

And to all people saying Venice should be a OCC civ, please read up on the Republic of Venice. I'm tired of explaining their empire and linking this map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Repubblica_di_Venezia.png

Also being able to only settle on coastal tiles would be terrible. I think UA's should open up different ways to play, not limit them.

Maybe they retooled the "very cool"/"great new" (Ed's words) Pueblo mountain UA for another civ - like Tibet!:please:

(Yes I'm aware of the "no Tibet because it'll piss of the Chinese government" argument, but I don't think it holds as much water as a that.)

Lhasa isn't a city state in the Chinese version of the game because of it... No way they would make Tibet a civ. In Civ 4 they had to change Mao in the Chinese Version, because of concerns in the market.

Tibet sadly can't ever be a civ, no matter how great it would be

Edit: Besides, Lhasa has already been seen

Yeah, I never see a Tibet being in a Civ game. I mean, they can technically release it, but the Chinese government would ban the game and Fireaxis would lose a very large market.

Tibet sadly can't ever be a civ, no matter how great it would be

Well that's really only true for Civilization for some reason. In the EU games by Paradox you can play as Tibet. Maybe it's because it's a European company though.

I hope it's something cool that doesn't cripple you at all but allows you to do something crazy, maybe it is a Barbarian control, which wouldn't be too bad.

Maybe they retooled the "very cool"/"great new" (Ed's words) Pueblo mountain UA for another civ - like Tibet!:please:

(Yes I'm aware of the "no Tibet because it'll piss of the Chinese government" argument, but I don't think it holds as much water as a that.)

Maybe the Pueblo are still in and they've been pulling the greatest trick on us the whole time.

What if it's Che Guevara as the leader of some sort of anti-civilization rebel faction? It can't build units. It justs converts barbarians and your own units.

not sure whether this was mentioned before.
"hypercube" is a canadian movie.

edit: nvm, it was.;)

not sure whether this was mentioned before.
"hypercube" is a canadian movie.

edit: nvm, it was.;)

I mean no disrespect, but I will be severely disappointed if Canada is included. It would be purely for monetary purposes because there are so many Canadian players.

But I feel they would add no flavor to civ, gameplay wise, region wise, culture wise, etc. And they have had less of an impact on history than so many other worthy civs.

Top Bottom