Biggest expanders/warmongers?

Thomazo

Chieftain
Thought about making a game with the biggest warmongers in the game. Whick ones would you list as the biggest warmongers? I know most of them obviously but you people might know better. Shaka, Hiawatha etc

Napoleon, Washington, Atilla, Harold, Monty, Shaka, Rome, Mongolia, Songhai, Oda, Hiawatha... Dido and Catherine can war monger sometimes too.

You might also remove science/diplomatic/tourism victory conditions. That will make them all warmongers eventually.

Do the AI actually realize it if I remove other victory types? Or do they still just go for culture even though it's irrelevant

Lähetetty minun GT-I9300 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Napoleon, Washington, Atilla, Harold, Monty, Shaka, Rome, Mongolia, Songhai, Oda, Hiawatha... Dido and Catherine can war monger sometimes too.

You might also remove science/diplomatic/tourism victory conditions. That will make them all warmongers eventually.

You missed China.

Tbf none of the AI are truly mental when it comes to war mongering, but they will all declare on you if you settle to close to them eventually and/or your military is weak.

Mental warmongers are (IMO):

Atilla, Monty, Shaka. If you are close to either of these 3, its not a question of "if", its a question of "when".

The problem is the AI is so poor at war that a grossly inferior defending force can demolish a huge invading AI force. It does not even begin to comprehend things like if I have two GG'S, that one on the hilltop by the unupgraded archer is going to be a crossbow in a citadel by the time they get there.

So the AI is always declaring on me and getting thumped.

I also do partial builds, stop building a range unit with 1 turn left, then build something else. This enables me to produce the unit in a single turn, but saves me posting maintenance before that. But the AI won't count these partial builds. I may have a range and a melee unit "queued" like that. I won't build them until an imminent tech discovery will obsolete the unit or someone attacks.

The problem is the AI is so poor at war that a grossly inferior defending force can demolish a huge invading AI force. It does not even begin to comprehend things like if I have two GG'S, that one on the hilltop by the unupgraded archer is going to be a crossbow in a citadel by the time they get there.

I also do partial builds, stop building a range unit with 1 turn left, then build something else. This enables me to produce the unit in a single turn, but saves me posting maintenance before that. But the AI won't count these partial builds. I may have a range and a melee unit "queued" like that. I won't build them until an imminent tech discovery will obsolete the unit or someone attacks.

Yes, this is my main gripe with civ 5, and always has been. The AI is not good enough to play the game. It’s the main problem with 1upt. With stacks the AI could at least cope ok with that kind of rule system.

Also, Landschnekts (sp)

Everyone's forgetting Alex, who will warmonger you early and often, sooner if he's DoF'ed you, I think.

Top Bottom