Bits of Tales: new modmod about more bits of history

Thank you all for the commit, I have reversed (hopefully) and fix will be commited next time.

What are the sideffects? I tried to change the order of spawning (lOrder in Modifiers.py) if that is the cause.

I just tracked down the India thing at the very least, your addition of iNumContinents in Consts.py overwrote iIndia with 2. I'd suggest renaming the variables within it. I also suggest looking back over your additions and ensuring that no other similar errors were made.

EDIT: The most obvious side effect is that Babylon starts with 6 workers.

EDIT2: I suggest renaming Continent variables to start with c instead of i like so:
Code:
iNumContinents = 9
(cEurope, cMiddleEast, cIndia, cEastAsia, cSouthEastAsia, cAfrica, cSouthAmerica, cNorthAmerica, cOceania) = range(iNumContinents)

Last edited:
Thanks for reverting that commit.

UPDATE:
Bugfixes and others:
1) Various bugfixes (reverted the resources branch, and fixed polity mechanism)
2) Leaderhead changes: new music for Augustus, Philipe Augustus, Alfred, Enrico Dandolo. (credits to Kevin McLeod for letting his music free)

Civs:
1) Arabia: Play as Rashidun, Ummayad and Abbasid caliphate, conquer the Visigoths instead of Moors. Saudis will try to establish their control much earlier this time (Emirate of Diriyah, Nedj).
2) Tibet: Kyunglung, buddhist Palas and Kashgar. AI Tibet is initially more aggresive.
3) Indonesia: Chola won't neglect you anymore, prepare for battle!

Alerting you of an issue in CMC that has been claimed to be in your mod as well, though I do not have time to verify it's existence in either mod at the moment. I assume you've already seen it, so this post is as a warning for your players and/or the unlikely case that I am wrong and you haven't already seen this post.

Another bug appear in 1700ad scenerio, in this scenerio every turn is 10 year, I run the game to 2100, and it's only 40 turns. Also in Bit. @citis.

Alerting you of an issue in CMC that has been claimed to be in your mod as well, though I do not have time to verify it's existence in either mod at the moment. I assume you've already seen it, so this post is as a warning for your players and/or the unlikely case that I am wrong and you haven't already seen this post.
Thank you! Fixed, commited and already pushed.

Whenever I discover calendar I encounter a weird bug. 1SDAN said it is probably related to your mod as I'm running Marathon and another user had the same problem on Marathon also. All the info at the very top left and right of the screen disappears (gold, turns played, etc.), and "classical era" flashes over and over. If I try to access the save menu I get a ctd! Goes away when I end the turn but comes back when i start the next turn. Tested it by giving myself calendar with worldbuilder.

Attachments

• Ramesses II Iron Age Turn 318.CivBeyondSwordSave
    386.7 KB · Views: 169
Whenever I discover calendar I encounter a weird bug. 1SDAN said it is probably related to your mod as I'm running Marathon and another user had the same problem on Marathon also. All the info at the very top left and right of the screen disappears (gold, turns played, etc.), and "classical era" flashes over and over. If I try to access the save menu I get a ctd! Goes away when I end the turn but comes back when i start the next turn. Tested it by giving myself calendar with worldbuilder.
I'll have a look on it.

UPDATE:

Italy: Start as Venice and develop off HRE's grip through trade and cunning.
Vikings: Normandy, Scotland and England are awaiting for your raids, but Franks won't be decentralised this time.
Japan: Spawn at Shengoku period Japan with strongholds and rival Samurais. Claim the shogunate for your clan, and then beyond.
Moors: Lead your Ummayad caliphate anticipating external and internal threats. What would happen if Muslims prevailed in Iberia?

Last edited:
I noticed the latest changes adds the following lines in the 1700 AD scenario:

- GameTurn=400
- StartYear=-4000
+ GameTurn=321
+ StartYear=-3000

Why?

Did you revert the 4000 BC start date and I didn't notice?

I noticed the latest changes adds the following lines in the 1700 AD scenario:

- GameTurn=400
- StartYear=-4000
+ GameTurn=321
+ StartYear=-3000

Why?

Did you revert the 4000 BC start date and I didn't notice?
Oops! I have to see it.

EDIT: Well I forgot to apply the hotfix in my local repo! Will be fixed with next commit. I hope you reverted before merging.

Last edited:
The Japan changes are not present in 1700 AD, is this the only civ change that isn't the same across scenarios? Could you modify the scenarios to match your changes to the others please? It's very jarring for the continents on the map to be this vastly different between scenarios.

The Japan changes are not present in 1700 AD, is this the only civ change that isn't the same across scenarios? Could you modify the scenarios to match your changes to the others please? It's very jarring for the continents on the map to be this vastly different between scenarios.
Did you revert the Japan map changes, or you need an updated 1700AD scenario?

Did you revert the Japan map changes, or you need an updated 1700AD scenario?
I am in the process of making my own Japanese map changes, so I specifically do not nee an updated 1700 AD scenario.

Is it WAD that Dispolis Magna starts with Catholicism in the 300 AD scenario?

I might be stupid, but I tried 1SDAN's step by step guide, but it still won't budge.

I installed RFCDoC first, then followed your guide. However, I either get the 128 error on Tortiose Git or XML-errors when loading the mod DoC mod(had to try it manually).

Please help. Thanks, y'all the best

Top Bottom