Blue Marble V3.0

Mac version? ;_;

Sorry, the mod exe installer only works for the PC version, I do not have a Mac. AlanH found and supports a way to make it available for Mac:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=177454

If you want to try a manual install, here are the most essential BlueMarble V3.0 graphics files (only terrain art without installer) in a zip file:
HighRes (needs more RAM): http://civilized.worldserve.de/download/civ4/mods/CivBlueMarbleHighRes.zip
LowRes (needs less RAM): http://civilized.worldserve.de/download/civ4/mods/CivBlueMarbleLowRes.zip
Please note that you may have to install the files in up to three locations, depending on the number of addons you have installed (Vanilla+Warlords+BtS)

I installed Blue Marble and it looks great ... on single player at least.

I tried opening PBEM saves and I get the Modified Assets problem.

I uninstalled Blue Marble :sad:

Single player returned to normal but I still cannot open PBEM saves ... am I doing something stupid ?

PBEM saves should not be affected by BM, except for BtW:NextWar and BtW:FinalFrontier where BM has to modifiy the original content because of Civ4 engine limitations. Apart from that the BlueMarble uninstaller is pretty solid, so your problem should have another reason. Perhaps you used another mod? Perhaps the optional CivScale tool for BlueMarble? You also should uninstall all other mods until your problem is solved. If nothing helps you still can uninstall Civ4 for a clean installation.

Its a mystery to me ... I didn't download CivScale and have no other mods on my machine.

I have never had any problems opening PBEM files. I can normally manage to open files that have given other people problems.

Only started as soon as BM was installed.

Alas, I fear a total reinstall may be the only answer.

Is there a way I can restore ONLY the original game's pine and deciduous trees, while leaving the rest of the Blue Marble graphics in place? I love the new jungle, but the other new tree graphics, particularly the pines, look kind of washed out. I miss the old ones. I've tried to find a method to do this on my own, but haven't been able to thus far.

Is there a way I can restore ONLY the original game's pine and deciduous trees, while leaving the rest of the Blue Marble graphics in place? I love the new jungle, but the other new tree graphics, particularly the pines, look kind of washed out. I miss the old ones. I've tried to find a method to do this on my own, but haven't been able to thus far.
Sorry, no, Firaxis placed all trees into a single graphics file.

Is there any way I can edit the tree file myself to put the old pines back in? That's the only thing preventing me from fully enjoying this mod, because I like the old pines. Everything else looks wonderful. :)

Is there any way I can edit the tree file myself to put the old pines back in?

This file contains the Blue Marble trees:

Civ4 Vanilla:
My Documents\My Games\CivProgramDirectoryName\CustomAssets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds

Warlords:
My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds

Beyond the Sword:
My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds

Kai -

First, thanks for all the great work on this. I am presently running 3.17 with Blue Marble, Civ Scale, and BUG (all in Custom Assets, no mods). When I go to talk with another leader, my map disappears. Changing the BG Opacity level has no effect. Unit info, unit actions, and the mini-map all appear just fine. Already tried moving out everything in C.A. and re-installing.

If you happen to know what I broke, please advise. If not, no worries. But in any event, thanks again!

MfG aus Houston,

Jason

Edit: Have uninstalled your stuff (temporarily), and that didn't solve the problem - must be another cause. But I am leaving the msg here to say thanks. (Further edit: Need high-res movies enabled.)

never mind, fixed it. BTW When you install it into Civ4 gold does it make your Warlords Blue marble?

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help and I'm sorry if this problem has been resolved elsewhere, Ive had a good search and cant find a solution.

I'm running Civ4 Total (Civ4 + Warlords + BTS) on Vista x64 and am trying to install Blue Marble. Problem is I can't find the civilization4.exe file anywhere. It's not in any of the program file directories, or games folders as shown on previous screenshots. :sad:

Any help would be much appriciated, I would love to see BM running!

Thanks.

Sorry, "Civ4 Gold "never has been released in Germany, so I could not test this version. If the "Gold" version uses the standard installation scheme - with "Warlords" being a subdirectory - it should work.

Its ok, it works fine! Thank for the response though!:)

I'm running Civ4 Total (Civ4 + Warlords + BTS) on Vista x64 and am trying to install Blue Marble. Problem is I can't find the civilization4.exe file anywhere. It's not in any of the program file directories, or games folders as shown on previous screenshots. :sad:

"Civilization4.exe" has to be somewhere. Please look in the program installation directory again. It should be there together with "PitBoss.exe". Perhaps the Civ4-exe has another name on your version, if so, try renaming it. If you really can't find "Civilization4.exe", how do you start the program? RIGHT-Click on your start link to see where the exe is. If you run a pirated copy, please buy the retail version. Civ4 is one of the best games in history and worth each penny.

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help and I'm sorry if this problem has been resolved elsewhere, Ive had a good search and cant find a solution.

Any help would be much appriciated, I would love to see BM running!

Thanks.

Assuming Civ 4 Total is what Civ 4 Complete is called in your country (as Civ4 + both expansions is called complete here), and is the same game I have, the file should be in C:\2k games\firaxis games .

sorry if some else asked this but after a quick review of the threads i havent seen an answer. do i put this file in the programfile\civ4\mods or the mydocuments\civ4\mods? i have civ 4 gold and bts from d2d.

Top Bottom