BNW Crashes more?

I'm finding that it freezes a lot, on the opening loading screen (the BNW one, not the one for starting a game) and frequently on leader screens. Whenever this happens I verify the cache, Steam downloads a 9.1 MB file and then Civ is fine for a little while longer.

Invariably though, after a day or so, regardless of how much I play it during that time, the freezes will reappear. Another verification, another 9.1 MB download and it's all fine and dandy again for a day.

I just got the Civ-V BNW and after like 10turns got the 1st crash.. since then i can't even start new game without crash. I used to play G&K for hours without any issues. I tried all what was written here without any progress.

Is there any known patch already which solves this crashing? Or can i somehow "downgrade" the game back to G&K so i can play at least?

I get the red square bug and constant crashing. I don't like to play on anything but marathon and by the time I've worked to build my empire into something that makes the game interesting, crash crash crash. Already absolutely everything is set to absolute minimum. Didn't have this problem in G&K and my system meets the minimum requirements.

The moderators are all saying, "Get a better computer." but I think if people knew this game was going to cost a couple thousand in computer parts just to play without crashing, fewer people would buy it. The only people who need to address minimum requirements are the people who set them too low to play this game.

To me, "Minimum Requirements" means minimum to play without crashes, even if you have to set everything to lowest. It doesn't mean minimum to maybe be able to play it sometimes, and never for long.

I would agree with you, but if your computer is using a huge swap file on the hard drive for RAMM, and hard drives are prone to crash, there is bound to be a lot of corrupted files, even if they can be recovered. I found that in such cases putting steam and games on a thumb drive cut down the amount of corrupt files being created. Hard drives are amazing how they can multitask, but they are not miracle workers.

And yes, the coding of the game can be blamed as well. But if we keep writing today's software to accomadate yesterday's bottlenecks, technology would not move forward.

Top Bottom