Brave new World's New Civilizations - REVISED AGAIN!

Whta civs would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe enough to make some CS anyway ?

It doesn't really seem to be a case of "making them a city state". I don't think they think about it that way either. It's seems to be more of a case of "we need more city states, anyone have any ideas" rather than "this would make a good name for a city state". I really doubt they think all that much about it. Considering that only a handful of new civs have actually replaced city states in the process, it doesn't seem that they see city state as a step on the ladder to Civhood as such.

In other news, Canada is confirmed to not be in this expansion.

It doesn't really seem to be a case of "making them a city state". I don't think they think about it that way either. It's seems to be more of a case of "we need more city states, anyone have any ideas" rather than "this would make a good name for a city state". I really doubt they think all that much about it. Considering that only a handful of new civs have actually replaced city states in the process, it doesn't seem that they see city state as a step on the ladder to Civhood as such.

In other news, Canada is confirmed to not be in this expansion.

Agree but there is a city-state as La Venta then why not Mohenjo Daro and Harappa ?
For Canada, very good news. Why not Australia or New Zealand for that matter....? without wanting to offend you! ;)

Agree but there is a city-state as La Venta then why not Mohenjo Daro and Harappa ?
For Canada, very good news. Why not Australia or New Zealand for that matter....? without wanting to offend you! ;)

What do you mean why not Australia or New Zealand? What?

When I said Canada are confirmed to be out, I mean that the video showing Quebec City in the new expansion confirmed that they aren't in. As it is we've yet to see Sydney or any Kiwi city states (as there are not any at this point), so we as of yet wouldn't know.

I really would rather not see Australia or New Zealand in the game though, there are much better options.

As for Mohenjo Daro and Harappa, it probably is just a case of them not being thought of for any of the categories as it stands. La Venta are religious if I recall, and there are only a very small number of them. With La Venta being a well known religious site in Meso-America it's easy to understand why they were chosen when they were coming up with a list of 6 of them. As for Mohenjo Daro and Harappa, what would they be included under? If it were any of the other types, they are pretty much flooded with other options, and I doubt they'd struggle to come up with new ones.

and why not all the commonwealth? wait, why not all english speakers countries? wait, why not all countries where british passed, conquered and killled? wait,......

They may well just be considered to be amalgamated into India anyway.

Indeed. Unfortunately India is probably one of the most - if not the most - gratuitous case of a blob civs, even though it isn't mentioned as much as the Celts of Polynesia. You got so many different cultures, kingdoms, empires, and so on, it's a bit sad in a way.

The real thing going against Mexico, in my opinion, as opposed to Argentina, is not so much whether one is more important or more unique, but rather the fact that Mexico is where the Aztecs or Mayans are. Still, I don't think this is much against htem given that we already have geographically overlapping civs like Greece-Byzantium-Rome-Turkey, Assyria-Babylon, Egypt-Carthage-Arabia, Celts-England-France and so on.

Ultimately, remember the game is made in the US, and its biggest audience (so far as I know) is in the US. Mexico would be easily recognizable in terms of uniqueness, much more than Argentina (that's not to say its more unique, but rather that most Americans are more likely to know about Mexico than Argentina)

I agree its biggest obstacle its really the Aztecs in terms of location. However they are completely diferent cultures, despite what some people would like to believe, Mexico is not a continuation of Aztec culture, Mexican culture was born out of the mix of the coalition that took down the Aztecs (Spaniards, Tlaxcalans, Totonacs, Otomies, etc.) and it was enriched by centuries of colonialism and trade with Asia and Europe, not to mention its love/hate relationship with its northern neighbor.

There are many possible leaders that just look cool (I've mentioned some, but there's more) and can represent diferent playstyles depending on the flavour they want. But if Mexico happens Im sure they'd go with a UA and UU tied to ideologies representing the Mexican revolution, its just too recognizable.

There's a market for Mexico, easily recognizable worldwide, and selling point for latin americans and Mexicans living in the US.

I'm sure being Mexican Im more excited about the possibility of Mexico being in the game, than its real chances, however, Brasil did open the door to post colonial nations. The thing is, Mexico could be the real darkhorse in BNW, everybody would eat their hats, but really, I think it is marketable.

Indeed. Unfortunately India is probably one of the most - if not the most - gratuitous case of a blob civs, even though it isn't mentioned as much as the Celts of Polynesia. You got so many different cultures, kingdoms, empires, and so on, it's a bit sad in a way.

Very, very true. The Mughals were one of the more innovative armies around, with lots of unique spins on various units. They could easily be their own domination-focused civ. And that's a sharp contrast to the focus on religion and culture that we would normally associate with India.

The Mughal Empire would be awesome addition to CiV! I think it even might be the best choice of the three "unpresented" Central Asian powers ; Kushans, Timurids and Mughals.

With Akbar the Great or Bahadur Shah II as the leader:

Spoiler :

I'm thinking that Lithuania can also be a really good civilization. Lithuania's history isn't really my forte, but it could have Mindaugas as its leader, and have a special ability related to religion. Not even sure if Mindaugas was pagan, but whatever. You people get me.

Lithuania won't be in BNW, though. Poland has Lithuanian cities in its city list, like Denmark has Norwegian ones and Sweden has Finnish ones.

The Mughal Empire would be awesome addition to CiV! I think it even might be the best choice of the three "unpresented" Central Asian powers ; Kushans, Timurids and Mughals.

With Akbar the Great or Bahadur Shah II as the leader:

]

first thing, mughal was an indian power not a central asian.. there first two rulers might have been central asian but generation after them were born in india and considered themselves indian...
second , bahadur shah II wast one of the weakest rulers mughals had.. akbar or jahangir or auranzeb are better options ...

List of Mughal Emperors

Yeah, Akbar, Jahangir or Aurangzeb would be the best choices. What about Shah Jahan the builder of Taj Mahal ?

first thing, mughal was an indian power not a central asian.. there first two rulers might have been central asian but generation after them were born in india and considered themselves indian...
second , bahadur shah II wast one of the weakest rulers mughals had.. akbar or jahangir or auranzeb are better options ...

Mughals dynasty were Turco-Mongol. but, their populations were mostly indian. this doesn't make them indian empire.

Top Bottom