[BTS] and [BTS] Larger City Radius and Open Borders Tech Trading

Shame this is not updated for 3.19, seems quite sweet. Would certainly be fun on large and huge maps.

Hello everybody!

Firts, sorry for my english.

I've good news (I think). I upgrade this mod to 3.19. I tested only in one game (speed normal, spanish versión os the game), but all seem to be ok. The game don't crash and the city workable radius grow up correctly.

I don't know if it works = in other country versión of the game... if somebody can test it, will be good :)

And now, spanish version of this message for those all that speaks spanish and help me to explain better:

=========================

Pongo la versión en español del mensaje por si alguien tiene la bondad :D de traducirlo o de explicar a la gente mejor de lo que yo he hecho en mi lamentable inglés. Espero que no moleste a los moderadores del foro que escriba en español...

Hola a todos!

He actualizado el mod a la versión 3.19 y parece funcionar. Lo he probado de momento sólo en una partida (velocidad normal) pero todo parece ir bien. El radio de la ciudad aumenta como debería y también las casillas "trabajables". Vamos, como se supone debe funcionar este mod.

Lo he probado en la versión española del juego, no se si da igual la versión o no...

Si puedo ayudar en algo, lo haré, pero yo no doy soporte al mod porque me he limitado prácticamente a hacer un copia-pega del código anterior, comporbar discrepancias entre archivos y compilarlo de nuevo, yo no soy el creador ni tengo conocimientos suficientes para arreglar bugs que pudiera tener el mod en sí mismo.

Espero que no le moleste al creador del mod, pero en vista de que no daba señales de vida he hecho esta actualización.

Os subo los archivos actualizados por si alguien quiere probarlo. Ojalá le sirva a alguien

Saludos!

Attachments

• MPT_3.0.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
To Arri:

I have included this mod in my current game but it isn't working for me. Are there special installation instructions? Has anyone else gotten this mod to work in 3.19? It's one of my favorite mods.

No especial instructions, but i think this mod (this "versión" and the old for 3.17) does not work in started games. You must use in new games...

What kind of error gives you?

I started a brand new game after I installed the files. I'm not getting any error at all. It's just that the radius isn't expanding. I cannot work any of the squares outside of the normal city radius.

The radius expand when you reach 4th or 5th culture level (refined?). Until then, you cant work any more squares.

The mod don't require any especial installation, only extract the mod in mod directory. Like any other mod.

I am not at my own computer now, but I think I extracted the files into the Beyond the Sword expansion, not as separate mod. I will check tomorrow.

Do you know how many culture points are needed in a city to reach the level of city radius expansion so that you can work more than the normal amount of squares?

12000 culture point in normal speed for expansion to radius 3, and 50K for radius 4. You can change easily this values in CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml (if you want to test quickly)

Thanks, I will play around with this and let you know. I hope I get it to work!

Well, the culture of my capital is over 16000 -- but no increase in squares to work. So I used World Builder to set the culture to 50,000 -- but STILL no change.

I'm wondering if I have installed the files correctly. You mentioned installing them in a mod folder. Can you specify which mod folder? I currently have the MPT 3.0.ini and the MPT3.0.ini.bak files here:

c:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

Also, I copied all the contents of the Assets folder of the mod to the Assets folder found here as well.

c:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

¿? fox456, the mod must be in \mods folder...

The folder will be something like this:

c:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\mods\MPT 3.0\ ---> and here the mod content (folder "Asset" and .ini file)

When the mod is correctly installed, you should load it from menu (or specify it in the file "civilization.ini" to load a specified mod everytime you run Civilization). If the mod is load, you should see in a corner of main menu screen (right-up corner), the name of active mod.

And of course, like The J write: ¡¡¡¡Never overwrite/edit original files!!!!!

Ah, you have BTS 3.19 ¿yes?...

Thank you both for writing. I did not overwrite any files because I wasn't sure if I was putting them in the correct folders -- so I renamed the old files and put in the MPT files. I can remove the MPT files and rename the old files back to their original names. That will not be a problem.

I didn't know that this was supposed to be a new, separate mod. I will need to create the MPT folder as you described:

c:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\mods\MPT 3.0

In this new folder, I will install the "Asset" folder and .ini file.

So, I have to load this mod using the "Advanced" option when Civilization starts? Can I also load the Rise of Mankind mod along with this larger city radius mod?

I do have BtS 3.19 installed.

So, I have to load this mod using the "Advanced" option when Civilization starts? Can I also load the Rise of Mankind mod along with this larger city radius mod?

Yes and no. You have to load it using the "Advanced" option when Civilization starts and you can't load more than one mod at a time. If you want to use two mods you have to merge them.

I will need to create the MPT folder as you described:

c:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\mods\MPT 3.0

In this new folder, I will install the "Asset" folder and .ini file.

Yes, it's ok!

Arri, hi,

can you upload the source code for 3.19?

anyone?

Your best bet is to find a mod that has this in as a feature, for 3.19, like FFH2 or my modmods. Then look at the source code and find the changes. It would be a bit of work, but is do-able.

Top Bottom