[BtS] CivFusion

I've attached screenshots of the current version of the tech tree for my new mod. Again, if anyone would like to help me test, let me know.

I don"t have this tech tree in the latest version !!!! is that for the next one?

I'm downloading it now. Someone finally put in Scipio Africanus in a mod! :w00t:
Also, If you are still revising this, how about adding Sun-Tzu to China?

I think that some technology gaps are too large, "bridge technologies" would do well.

I'm trying to walk a fine line between a fleshed out tech tree and too many techs, and this is a consequence that pops up from time to time. That said, if you have any specific suggestions about bridge techs, I am open to them.

I don"t have this tech tree in the latest version !!!! is that for the next one?

Yes, this is for the next version. My post should have said current WIP (work in progress) version.

I'm downloading it now. Someone finally put in Scipio Africanus in a mod! :w00t:
Also, If you are still revising this, how about adding Sun-Tzu to China?

I am trying to mostly keep the leaders to people who actually led the nation/ethnic group/state/etc. Sun-Tzu doesn't really fit the bill, though I am considering adding The Art of War as a project you can construct as a nod to him.

Also, I am still in need of some beta testers to test out my upcoming version. It is definitely still in beta status, but playable through the Medieval/Renaissance period. If you'd like to participate, post here or PM me.

Sure, I'll beta test it. Let's hope it's not a BF3 uberfail, though :p
EDIT-I'm having troubles with the 7zip, could you please give me it in a basic .zip format?

I'm trying to walk a fine line between a fleshed out tech tree and too many techs, and this is a consequence that pops up from time to time. That said, if you have any specific suggestions about bridge techs, I am open to them.

Let me study a bit of your tree ... Let's see if I find a few, because technologies have come out the other.

But remember that , a bridges technology should produceat least min. one "improvement" ( unit, buildings ect.) . Otherwise, this is my opinion, it is boring. That will make you some work. ;-)

When I try to run this mod with advanced start in hot seat mode it locks up in initializing phase.
It jams up so badly that I need to push reset button to get out.
Can this problem be fixed?

By the way:
Same problem at Rise of mankind 2 mod.
and
Same problem at Neoteric world.

Maybe it is one of those custom mods added.

When I try to run this mod with advanced start in hot seat mode it locks up in initializing phase.

By the way:
and

I'm unsure what the problem could be. Are your system specs up to snuff?

I have a couple of things I need to fix up before releasing my beta test. I need some SDK assistance to complete the religion changes I am making.

Using some ideas from the True Prophets mod, religions are now going to be founded by Great Prophets, not techs. I have implemented the code successfully from True Prophets and the Great Prophets can found the religions as intended. However, the AI is not founding the religions as much as I would like. Also, the AI picks the religions in the same order everytime. (Judiasm, Christianity, Islam, etc.)

Could anyone possibly give me some assistance in cleaning this up? I'm no code monkey, but it doesn't seem on the face of it to be something overly complicated.

Major bonus points if you can tie in the AI's favorite religion so that they are more likely to select it.

Mod's crashing on init graphics for me. I'm at 3.19 so i don't really know what the deal is.

@ripple-
sorry for late resonse, but when I unzip it to the location for mods(Program files...Civ 4 complete/Beyond Sword/Mods) it doesn't show up in-game.

Could be you need 'modules' enabled on your civconfig.ini. Find it in your documents folder. I know this caused some problems for me because I forgot to allow for modules.

tried activating modularloading or something in the civ 4 config, no dice
EDIT: okay, after activating it in the mod's config it works. you should probably fix that.

By the way:
and

Not sure what this could be. Do you have enough RAM?

Hey ripple...:hatsoff:
Sorry that I did not report. Had much to do with my own mod. Can you make a Screenshotcomposition so I have all the technology on one image?

Will try and get one for you. I'm an idiot when it comes to photoshop so it may take me a bit to figure this out.

@ripple-
sorry for late resonse, but when I unzip it to the location for mods(Program files...Civ 4 complete/Beyond Sword/Mods) it doesn't show up in-game.

Make sure the folder structure is correct: Beyond the Sword/Mods/CivFusion. If there is an extra folder in there it will not work. Sometimes when you unzip a zip it will create an extra folder level.

tried activating modularloading or something in the civ 4 config, no dice
EDIT: okay, after activating it in the mod's config it works. you should probably fix that.

Hm, it should have been activated in the mod's config. I'll doublecheck this for my next release.

My first text:

Ripple01 answer:

Answer to this question:
I have 2GB RAM and 1GB Ati Display Card.
Using OS: Windows XP

Question:
Could be you need 'modules' enabled on your civconfig.ini.
What this means. Tell me. Maybe this will solve my problems.

My first text:

Ripple01 answer:

Answer to this question:
I have 2GB RAM and 1GB Ati Display Card.
Using OS: Windows XP

Question:
Could be you need 'modules' enabled on your civconfig.ini.
What this means. Tell me. Maybe this will solve my problems.

go to your civ bts folder /mods/civfusion 0.75 , open the civfusion ini with a text editor, look for the line referring to modular loading and set it to 1

There are two .ini Files.
Other one is
Civfusion.ini
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

Civfusion 0.75.ini
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

Do I need to set them both to setting one?

Advanced start problem solved. It was .ini file problem in orginal .ini so blame the maker here.

Here is code to change:
here are two .ini Files.
Other one is
Civfusion.ini
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

Civfusion 0.75.ini
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0 (Change this ALSO to setting 1)

After this custom start runs fine.

I have modified thet units XML in this mod. Try it out.
It speeds up all units.
It makes game more interesting to play.
!INFO!
File uploaded again because worker speed was not changed. Worker speed is now 4. Indian Fast worker speed is 2:D

Attachments

• CivFus075CIV4UnitInfos.rar
    17.4 KB · Views: 224
Top Bottom