[BtS] Diplogame - Pitboss - "Domination of Barbarians"

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
This is an open invitation to a Diplogame Pitboss being hosted at Apolyton forums. Its 18 players on an Earth Map with custom starts and oodles of resources. We just need 2 more players to get started.

Click the link to get to the game setup page. Or PM me if you are interested.

Domination of Barbarians - Diplogame

In a Diplogame, the players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this. Players really get into their civ, create storylines and personas and act as if they are really ruling a nation, and the Population of the Civ are actual people... There is all kinds of intrigue, skulldugery, lies, propaganda, you name it.:cool:

For more information on Diplogames in General, visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

NOTICE: Anyone reading this who is looking to join a Pitboss game please PM me, we have space.:)

Hi Guys,

As you probably figured out, I did not restart DoB because when I got home Apolyton was down :(

I have no idea how long it will be down, so I decided to be proactive and establish a new temporary UN thread for us here on CFC.

Domination of Barbarians thread on CFC

We can use this thread as a backup to communicate about the game. Just remember that you are not anonymous here, so dont say anything to give away your Civ (s).

Mostly what I want to do is try to get the word out so we can restart the game despite Apolyton being down. If we can get all the players to check in here then we can continue the game at least while we wait for Apolyton to come back up.

Spread the word!:goodjob:

Here is the link again:
Domination of Barbarians thread on CFC

Thanks again guys

Halvgud reporting.

Btw I checked the civstats, saw that four nations were eliminated. Have more players quit after the posts by me and Caledorn suggested it?

We need you!

Here's my attempt at advertising for the Diplo-Pitboss, Domination of Barbarians. The game is not a regular pitboss game where you win through the space race or the other few common MP victory types. In this game, the scoring is based on the quality of the story you tell in the Story Thread. You can be as creative as you want and it gets really fun when nations play off each others stories. Each month everyone votes for the civilizations that have posted the most interesting stories. Civs are anonymous, so other civs don't know which players are controlling the civs in the game. If you have any questions about how a diplo-game works or about this particular diplo-game, you can post in this thread or PM Sommerswerd (in OP of this thread).

Required Skills:
  • Pitboss skills: If you know how to log into a pitboss game and use CivStats or PlayYourTurn to see whether it is your turn or not, has all the required technical skills to play in this game. Note: These things can be taught very easily, so even if you don't have these skills you are capable of the technical aspects of playing this game.
  • Limited in-game skills: Players who play on lower levels of Single Player Civ IV, sometimes feel intimidated when thinking about playing a Multiplayer Game, but Diplo-Games are different. Micromanaging and precise war-time movements are not what wins games in a Diplo-Game, but instead personality and creativity.
  • Forum posting ability: If you know how to post in a thread and send and check Private Messages, then you have the ability to compete in a Diplo-Game. Diplo-Games are all about making creative story posts and interacting with other players in interesting ways through diplomacy.
  • Creativity: This is the most important thing you need to do well in a Diplo-Game. It takes a bit of confidence to put your story out there on the forum, and the more creativity in the story, the more likely it is to gain you points.

Who should join this game?

• Players with enthusiasm for Civ, but who don't feel their Civ skills would allow them to compete in normal MP games.
  • High-level Civ players, who want something different than the normal MP game.
  • Aspiring writers, or players who have creativity that needs to be expressed.
  • Competitive players who want to figure out what it takes to win a different type of game, involving human players, diplomacy, and creativity.

Personal Testimonial
I have played a good number of Civ Pitboss games, but I've had more fun playing this one than any other. For me it is the chance to compete on an interpersonal and meta-level, and I value creativity more than almost anything, so I like how this game rewards creativity and interpersonal strategy. For me competing in this way is more interesting and rewarding than simply seeing who can manage beakers and war tactics the best.

There are a number of Civs open to take with a wide range of situations. If you send a PM to Sommerswerd (you can click on his name through the Original Post in this thread) with your interest, he will get back to you shortly. Due to the anonymity aspect of this game, please do not post in this thread saying "I will surely join as country X." Just send Sommerswerd a PM. There's no announcing such and such a player is entering the game, but through your civ you are free to create whatever characters you wish and if you bring memorable characters to the game, you will be rewarded with votes.

As you guys probably already know. Apolyton is down again :(... It happens.

Anyway, this is especially inconvenient, because I was going to announce that we are finally going to kick all the subbed Civs to AI. I will keep looking for subs, as always and I actually just found a couple, but there are just too many subbed Civs at this point to keep going with temp-subs. Temp-subs were never meant to be permanent so we need to make this change. It seemed like everyone liked the idea anyway so hopefully there are no objections.

So the formerly subbed Civs will be semi-permanent as AI, meaning that no one can play two civs, but if a new player wants to take one of them they will be wecome to.

Once Apolyton comes back up, I will make an announcement about the change and ask everyone to wrap up whatever business you have with your subbed Civs so that they (or other player Civs they have deals with) are not completely screwed over. We will give a couple turns for this but we don't want the subbed Civs to be raped, we want them to be viable challenging opponents so we will only give a couple turns for quick wrap up and then they go to AI.

I know that this will mess up some plans and deals for everyone, but this really seems like the best path for the game so I hope everyone is as excited about it as I am:)

Please, I am trusting you all fully not to take unfair advantage of your subs befor the switch. Concluding existing fair deals is fine... all fair deals are fine, just make sure they are fair deals that you would agree to if you were them. Just use your conscience and judgement.

Again, I will make the same announcement as soon as Apolyton comes back up, but feel free to spread the word in-game. It is more fair if everyone knows about it.

EDIT: PS- If anyone wants to switch to a Civ they were subbing that is fine, just let me know so I don't kick the wrong Civ;)

OK this was actually nothing of the game i first thought it was but still sound really fun always wanted to play dungeons and dragon so i ques i'm gonna like this mod

but there is still some things i got unclear first of all i wounder if you could link me to the apolyton thread so i won't have to search the whole site for it secound i wounder what time i will need to play this game and how accurate i have to be logged in this may be a big problem for me and almost forgot I need to know how to join pit boss think i might done it befour but what ever don't need to take that right now

also tnx in advance for your support

Welcome Warhunter, glad you found the thread. Here is the link to the Apolyton page:
http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/198931-Domination-of-Barbarians-Diplo-Game-Organization-Thread

You can spend as much or as little time on the game as you wish. Your score will be affected by what you put into the game, but there are many more ways to have fun than just trying to get a high score.

As for directions on how to join the pitboss there are detailed directions on the game page, and I will also be happy to talk you through it.:) Just ask!

You probably already know this but Apolyton was hacked. It seems like they may be working to fix it, but I have no idea what is going on or how long it will be down.

In-game diplo should be pretty safe for the time being, since we don't allow pausing.

Hopefully Poly comes back online soon so I can do the OP for September.

Top Bottom