BTS Extended

tgvulcan

Chieftain

BTS Extended is a mod focused around being MP friendly while extending the original gameplay of Beyond the Sword. It is BAT MOD 2.0 at it's core with Next war added in to it. I've also added modern era, leaders and resources from Varietas Delectat and Quota Capita.

Lobby games should work as normal in current version 1.2. I have done extensive testing on the MP aspect and it works under the gamespy lobby. Please report any problems!

Download HERE
All new installation and uninstallation complete with an icon.

Features

New Resources - Shrimp, Cotton, Salt, Bison, Tea, Apples
New Leaders - Dido/Carthaginian - Ho Chi Minh/Khmer - Sargon/Sumerian - Smoke Jaguar/Mayan - Sundiata/Malinese - Van der donck/Netherlands Charles I/Spain
New Promotions - Hunter, desert and tundra combat, next war promotions
New Units - Raider, Mobile Guard, Hammerhead, ISSCV Transport, Fighter Drone, Battle Mech
BUG Mod
Next War Units, buildings and tech
Limited Modern Era Expansion from VD

v1.6

This version brings in more tweaking and more fixes.

I've added ranged combat to seige and naval units. This is a very interesting and fun dynamic.

A lot of non vanilla bts units have been tweaked for performance and function to be more suitable to their role.
New Promotions, cargo expansion and sentry rank 2 and 3.
Tweak the terraforming to work faster and removed elevate/level terrain.
tweaked new resources further.
Adjusted the mercenary to have higher requirements in tech to match up with ironclad battleships and cruisers.
Many many graphical fixes for buttons and ethnic art.

v1.4
tweaked the new resources more.
integrated more promotions from QC, coast guard and urban tactics. changed crusader to require city raider 1.
upgraded to VD 7.5 and city styles 0.55
Added terraforming
fixed upgrading units so the upgrade tree is properly set

v1.3
Added a new corporation East India Company that takes over the aluminum company corporation.
Updated gamefont to display all the icons properly.
Tweaked the odyssey game speed time frame to be on par with the rest of the speeds.
fixed some various button graphics.
Added new events
Added a new pirate unit that upgrades from a privateer called a mercenary. these are modern privateers.

v1.2
reverted to bat mod 2.0
adjusted new resources to be more in line with the rest.

v1.1
Reverted city styles and unit art back to VD 7.0

v1.0

Added a BTS extended main menu screen.
Added a new game speed: Odyssey - A speed in between epic and marathon.
Added a new scenario planet map at 192 X 120 with no civs in place. 5 Scenarios including Carter Earth remixed and a HUGE Europe map as the ancient world or the new world.
replaced the egypt axeman with a more time period suiting art piece called the horus knight. It's a sickle bronze sword footman.
thanks to Bakuel http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6145

v0.9
Added new units for the future era

Spoiler :

ISSCV transport and Hammerhead thanks to Refar http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279658
Spoiler :

CF Sopot (Drone in my mod) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=300997
Spoiler :

Warhammer battletech mech thanks to coyote!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=300033
Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291476
Added a new world wonder called the Fusion Plant. Model by JustATourist - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11885
Spoiler :

v0.85
rearranged units to techs and tech costs to even out the progress into the future era. This should also help keep culture victories in line with the rest of the game.

Units removed
Early Tank
Light Tank
Medium Tank
Early Destroyer
Pre-dreadnought
early jet fighter
light bomber

techs removed
Prototyping
Multiple Expansion
supersonic aerodynamics

v0.8

Added the latest version of BUG.
Added the Modern Era expansion from VD
Situated the research tree so it made sense (numerous things moved around to accomodate the mix of techs)

v0.7
Added several new leaders to the single leader civs there were there in vanilla bts
Removed the nextwar civs

V0.6
Added a new leader Khalid ibn Walid
Spoiler :

New unit called Raider (special arabian unit called Mobile Guard)
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

v0.5
Cleaned XML for resources, civs and leaders.
Merged Next war (including civs/leaders)
Merged 7 leaders from QC/VD
Dido/Carthaginian - I updated the materials for Dido to make her look better.
Ho Chi Minh/Khmer - Updated materials to look better
Sargon/Sumerian
Smoke Jaguar/Mayan
Sundiata/Malinese
Van der donck/Netherlands
Charles I/Spain
Added 7 new resources to mingle with the rest.
Salt, cotton, tea, apples, bison, shrimp, and prime timber.

Please give feedback and help is never shunned.

-vulcan

Any modified dll here or added dlls ? Because i would try to propose this to Macintosh community of Civfanatics for converting it for Mac BTS...

I recently switched to Mac with an "early 2009" iMac just one month before the "late 2009" iMacs...

I sacrified possibility to have numerous mods on my Mac BTS but i'm more in security with an Apple product...

Still tuned for your mod if eligible for converting into a Mac version...

@emeralddude : a mod has not forcily the need to be big in Megabytes to be great, often little changes add more that numerous radical changes... For that, you must wait Civ 5, i dont know if Facebook community Civ projet is the "5" ?

I retrieved pleasure to play Civ 4 BTS just by playing Vanilla BTS with no mods, still until a mod would be done for mac BTS...

I tried to download, but the download has not started, as usual a window has opened but it contained "non-sense" text which develops indefinetely...

It was a windows virus ?

the resources are great. i'm surprised that cotton and salt weren't in civ 4 already.

Thanks, I'm also thinking about coffee as well.

One thing i need to do to adjust the culture somehow. With the extra techs added in, there is quite a lot of time added with it and legendary culture is much quicker to come around which is a bit unbalancing.

I'm not sure how I'll go about this yet but suggestions are welcomed.

Finally downloaded it. Results:

Good News:
1. Love the alerts. (The "Blah city's borders will expand next turn; blah city can hurry Colosseum for 1 pop. and anger for 28 turns) They help a lot.

2. The leaderheads are amazing! (Except Khalid; he's almost identical to Saladin.) Hirohito is the best.

Bad News:

1. Adriaen van der Donck didn't say anything when i met him.

2. When i finish a unit, or an event happens, the game says "error in unit build event handler" or "error in event handler".

3. Whenever i try to exit to the main menu, the game crashes.

4. I found apples in an arctic forest; is that normal? i've also found cheetahs there.

Also, i think coffee would be great.

Finally downloaded it. Results:

Good News:
1. Love the alerts. (The "Blah city's borders will expand next turn; blah city can hurry Colosseum for 1 pop. and anger for 28 turns) They help a lot.

2. The leaderheads are amazing! (Except Khalid; he's almost identical to Saladin.) Hirohito is the best.

Bad News:

1. Adriaen van der Donck didn't say anything when i met him.

2. When i finish a unit, or an event happens, the game says "error in unit build event handler" or "error in event handler".

3. Whenever i try to exit to the main menu, the game crashes.

4. I found apples in an arctic forest; is that normal? i've also found cheetahs there.

Also, i think coffee would be great.

khalid is a modification of saladin and my first leader i've done myself. The rest are as the description says pulled from other mods and artists

I'll look into Adriaen

I've been seeing errors and I think it's just bug mod.

Crashing on exit could be a map script you used. Most of the map scripts don't work though the tectonics seems to work ok. What OS are you on?

I'll look at the apples.

Thanks!

I've been seeing errors and I think it's just bug mod.

Crashing on exit could be a map script you used. Most of the map scripts don't work though the tectonics seems to work ok. What OS are you on?

i was using tectonics and the errors have no effect on the game. also, i'm using windows vista, and yes, i know it's infamous for not working well with mods.

i also think it would be hilarious if there was a starbucks corporation to go with the coffee.:D

another problem i discovered was that the new leaders aren't selectable in a custom game.

emerald it works for myself and friends that downloaded the mod. Try downloading it again. I had to update my file on the ftp server about an hour after i submitted the download. You might have gotten the old one which had this problem if you downloaded within the few minutes it got approved to me updating it. :p

They are at the bottom of the list FYI.

Hi
I like the mod. I am curious wher you found the artowrk for your modern privateer "mercenary" ship. I have a personal mod I use that has a modern privater however the art work is not as good as the one in this mod. If you would tell me where you got the artwork if it is ok for me to use.
Thanks.

Thanks Vulcan I love this mod... but I am getting tired of the errors. Actually one error.

Every turn it posts something like "Bug Options error writing ini file %'s" about 6 times.

nothing else appears to be wrong but I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of this error.

I am fully updated and yes, I am running vista64 :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that Uranium is an appropriate resource for the fusion plant. Nor should it be built twice as fast with stone.

Current tokamaks attempt to fuse deuterium and tritium into helium + neutron. The deuterium can be extracted from sea water (coastal cities only?) while the tritium is generally obtained by bombarding lithium with neutrons. Maybe there should be a lithium resource...

...or maybe I'm overanalysing this.

Top Bottom