[BtS] Hungary mod for Varietas Delectat

... and the famous Sanctus Corvinus, the ship of the legendary Matthias Corvinus! Little is known about his voyage to the New World some 12 years before Columbus(!), the only fact is that by 1519 there were already native werewolves fighting the vampire-led conquistadores of Hernan Cortes.

Wow, nice work. :goodjob:

Looks like I'll have to update my own Hungarian stuff. :mischief:

Actually I had a question. Does this mod use the Hungarian city-style?

Wow, interesting! You'll have to set me up a package with your new units before I publish the next version of my mod! But no need to do that now, just take time. I still didn't found a solution for my cityset and I'm still working on the new végvár art. The main buildings (a tower, a gate and something like a house) are almost finished, only their textures need some work and have to be merged. All I need are some walls now. But I'll get them!

@The Capo: AFAIK avains mod doesn't really use a citystyle for Hungary yet, but he's working on that. Or at least, he was.

Wow, the Sanctus Corvinus looks awesome :D

@all: Thanks!
Yes, the next update will feature Hungarian city-style (cool work of cool3a2). (It was a pain integrating it into CC thou, I hate those 2 LSystem files!)

cool3a2: can't wait to see your new Végvár!

Yupp, that was mine. Load the beta whichs link is given in the description of the file db thread of my mod. Also, you should read the last 1-3 pages of my forum thread and watch out for the CityLSystem and the industrial cityset I'e uploaded separately. The industrial cityset actually works, but causes trouble with other buildings though. Couldn't find a solution yet. It seems that even with SDK and Python there is no way...

Awesome!!!
Thank you for your hard work on VD and its add-on civs avain :goodjob:

But I have to admit: actually I hope we will see a few new civs for it eventually ;)

updated to v6.0
-----------------

Changelog:

v6.0
- added Hungarian citystyle (cool3a2, Freya, avain)

- added Kossuth (Ekmek, optimized by avain)

- added Matthias (nitram15, optimized by avain)

- added bakuel's ancient worker
- added warelephant (cool3a2,avain)
- added snafu's T-55 and Hind

- added Hungarian galley, quinquereme, carrack,
galleon, frigate and ship-of-the-line (avain)

- reskinned Tegetthoff
- optimized units
- removed not needed units

Looks outstanding, Hungary is one of my favorites to play. Quick question though. I fired up a QC 5.3 game with Kossuth as leader on both the planet generator and perfectworld2qc map script, and also with and without Blue Marble installed. I get a Tech Advisor screen on game load, and there's no interface or text, just the game terrain and units. What might I have done wrong? Thank you.

Looks outstanding, Hungary is one of my favorites to play. Quick question though. I fired up a QC 5.3 game with Kossuth as leader on both the planet generator and perfectworld2qc map script, and also with and without Blue Marble installed. I get a Tech Advisor screen on game load, and there's no interface or text, just the game terrain and units. What might I have done wrong? Thank you.

That usually means an XML error...
I'll check it, but unfortunately cannot do it until Sunday.

Ok, was thinking about it:
The current QC version has only VD v7.5, and I have at least one reference in the Hungary mod to VD v9.0.
So from the top of my head you need to remove at least the artillery reference from Hungary_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml until I've updated QC to a new version.

edit: still had enough time to check it and it was indeed the problem. I'm also attaching a modified Hungary_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml for your pleasure. FIX FOR QC v5.3 ATTACHED!

Attachments

• Hungary_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.7z
    2.4 KB · Views: 66
Great! I'll definately have to update my mod with your units!

Thanks for the solution Avain!

I just ran into this, however. The Hungarian city art looks like a mish-mash of textures from other races. It's probably something on my end, but I thought I'd show you...

weird.jpg

I also experienced strange city-sets for Hungary, but that was in one of the earlier versions of the mod (maybe with Quot Capita?)
I can't recall which one, and didn't have time yet to test the new version out

I will check through this new Hungary 6.0 as soon as I have some time...

If the shape of the houses right, but only the textures are mixed up, the problem is the batchgroup attribute. It collides with one of the default citysets. Normally, you should use the value 0 or 1 for this attribute. If that doesn't work, try 2. According to Geo this is a bad idea as 2 is actually an invalid value. Still, I use the 2 sometimes. Maybe I did with reason. Also, never use more then 2 citysets for one civ and within one era. That would cause troubles like this, too. The reason for this is, that you would need more values then just 0 or 1 for the batchgroups.

Top Bottom