[BtS] Hungary mod for Varietas Delectat

Sure, you'd have to edit the CityLSystem.xml. There, you'd have to search the lines with the word batchgroup within the definitions for the cityset that causes problems. If you find them, you'll know what to do. Still, I'd suggest to wait for avain fixing this. My post was adressed to him actually. The file in question is maybe the most tricky xml file that can be modded and avain just started to work on it. So it could be that there are more problems like that, but I do my best to help him.

Thanks for the solution Avain!

I just ran into this, however. The Hungarian city art looks like a mish-mash of textures from other races. It's probably something on my end, but I thought I'd show you...

View attachment 252500

This was in Quot Capita right?
I just tested the new 6.0 version with VarietasDelectat 9.0, and had no problems with the city-sets at all.
Furthermore, I was quite satisfied with the look of my cities. Nice job avain! :goodjob:

There is some issues I encountered though. Neither the new medieval and industrial (maybe classical?) pastures showed up, nor the medieval forts.
I got the bonuses from the worked fields, just nothing was visible on the world map besides the resources...

That's related to the other L file. This is more guessing then anything else, but it could be, that this was caused by the following. By default, a single definition for the pasture is valid for all eras. When avain added my pasture, it could be that he explicitely excluded that definition and added a new one for the pasture. This new pasture definition then was set up to be valid for only certain eras. All this was correct and makes sense, also to explicitely exclude the default pasture definition for Hungary as it may cause problems otherwise, but left a gap for some eras that have no valid definition for Hungary anymore. If all this is true, the solution would be to copy the default definition, but enable the copy only for the eras where the hungarian pasture shouldn't show up and only for Hungary (one should disable it explicitely for all eras my pasture should show up and for all other civs). This technique can create a couple of copies of a single definition that each differ from each other only in minor things. I guess it is possible to get around this if the definitions are made very carefully, but considering VD, I still suggest this method as it's the best way to avoid unexpected problems, especially when you add further definitions or merge definitions of several civs.

Don't get discouraged, avain. I had and have similar problems when modding these files. I can remember that I was even able to help Geo a (very) little bit, although he knows much more about these files then me. I can't repeat it often enough: these two files are the most tricky xmls to mod...

The problem should only be with Quot Capita, and that is, because there's no MAGYAR ARTSTYLE at all in QC, and the LSystem files are missing at install unfortunattely. So the easiest fix is to have Hungary use the EUROPEAN artstyle for QC. I really need to update QC and I will.

For VD, I'm not expecting to have this kind of problems.

Could be meant to point out a problem. If both have the exact same colour and are neighbour of each others, there will be no border between them. I believe that their units can even enter the others territory freely. I fixed that by defining an own colour that has almost the same RGB values (only on value is by only one smaller than its counterpart of the original colour). Then, the colour still looks the same as the difference is simply to small for the humans eye, but the borders work correctly.

Yeah Cool's right about that, although it is quite odd that those two countries would share a color, considering their historic rivalry.

Look's cool. You mind if I use some of the Info (text and LH personality) you made for them?

the LH's of Stephen and Istvan are all messed up for me. Stephen has no body, only eyes mouth and crown, and Istvan has part of his jacket, eyes, mouth, and beard. any fixes?

I think those LHs don't have a noshader nif
You have to switch your graphical settings ingame, and then reload the game

Yeah, I also think that's the reason. I should start making nonshader versions, too. Well, I'm working on LHs anyways. Anyone an idea what's to do besides of switching the shader off for each mesh?

First of all: Great Mod! :goodjob:

I don't know if you speak about it, but there will be hungarian sound set for this mod?

Probably not. Their is sound that could be used, but it can't be made modular, thus additional work for the users would be necessary to merge the VD modules. I doubt avain would force anyone to do this. And it seems avain disappeared and doesn't continue his work on this. My mod has sound, but it is incompatible with VD.

Top Bottom