[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Congratulations to the author of the mod, he did a very good job.

So sorry this mod is no longer in development, it would be one of the GREATEST mods for CIV IV.

Expecially with the proposals in this thread, like the terraforming & archeology.

I would also have more ideas, but it seems to be useless to say now that the works are off.

IF the author will find more time and motivation (which more motivation could he need?) I would be very pleased to post my modest proposals.

Downloading it anyway, it is too cool to wait for a 1.0 version that seemly will never came.

Have downloaded from the mirror link - Megaupload.

Norton finds a possibile threat... WS.Reputation.1 or similar. It rarely mistakes.

Can you ensure the safety of all the links posted? If yes, I would re-download it...

I want to play this mod too much... ;)

Congratulations to the author of the mod, he did a very good job.

So sorry this mod is no longer in development, it would be one of the GREATEST mods for CIV IV.

Thank you :).

Have downloaded from the mirror link - Megaupload.

Norton finds a possibile threat... WS.Reputation.1 or similar. It rarely mistakes.

Can you ensure the safety of all the links posted? If yes, I would re-download it...

I want to play this mod too much... ;)

mmhh...short check:
- Link doesn't get redirected, so the link itself is correct
- Link would have changed if the file was changed, so it has to be the same file like when i uploaded it
- File size is also the same
-> it's the same like on my computer, and i don't have anything malicious in there. Checking the installer right now with Avira Antivir, but i guess it will not find anything...edti: ah, done, nothing found.

It's probably just a false positive. With one of the previous Antivir versions i also got a trojan identification in the installer.
Cause is probably either the included Python scripts (which are changed from the standard version) or the debug dll, which allows inspections of some parts of the program code. Both could be recognized as hidden program code or as code injection utilities inside of the installer, but they are just normal parts of Civilization 4.
So please trust me, it's not malicious :).

Without any of the patches?
Ouch. Then it's probably related to the an imploding city due to a python bug...not sure :dunno:, can only guess, but essentially there are 2 options:
- Related to a XML bug -> would need to patch it, savegame probably not playable anymore
- Related to a python bug -> replace the marsjetzt-v04\assets\python\CvEventManager.py with this version and try it again.

For the next game, please install the in the first post linked patch E first ;).

Without any of the patches?
Ouch. Then it's probably related to the an imploding city due to a python bug...not sure :dunno:, can only guess, but essentially there are 2 options:
- Related to a XML bug -> would need to patch it, savegame probably not playable anymore
- Related to a python bug -> replace the marsjetzt-v04\assets\python\CvEventManager.py with this version and try it again.

For the next game, please install the in the first post linked patch E first ;).

I did what you said and you are correct that the previous save is unplayable. I have started a new game and it is running well so far. Thank you for your help!

- Link doesn't get redirected, so the link itself is correct

So please trust me, it's not malicious :).

I am not sure of this sentence:

1)when I click on download button and it took me to the download page of civfan the download button took me to another site, atomicgamer.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/86769/mars-now-mars-jetzt-v04

It is credited as a mirror also, so I think no problem here.

2) Megaupload mirror took me to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Z3M9UGN

BUT when i click download it _redirect_ to

http://www417.megaupload.com/files/...15a15f/Mars, Now! - Mars, Jetzt v04 Setup.exe

I am not an expert, maybe it is the way mugaupload works, but i want to ask first.

In any case, I have add an exception for norton in download folder, so it Should not mess the file up...

In the while, you can answer me, so I would be sure to install...

Ah, a quick question: "it breaks savegames": it means the ones I already had or either the new ones I make after?

Is it a solution if i make a backup of the savegames, erase them, install and then paste it?

Because I had many games open, such dunewars or FFH age of ice, and i don' t want to lose all progress...

Anyway, great work, hope you would back to work on it.

PS sorry for my bad english, I' m italian, and here it is late night so I'm a bit tired the more i wrote...

I am not sure of this sentence:

1)when I click on download button and it took me to the download page of civfan the download button took me to another site, atomicgamer.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/86769/mars-now-mars-jetzt-v04

It is credited as a mirror also, so I think no problem here.

This is so far correct, that mirror is legitimate.

2) Megaupload mirror took me to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Z3M9UGN

BUT when i click download it _redirect_ to

http://www417.megaupload.com/files/...15a15f/Mars, Now! - Mars, Jetzt v04 Setup.exe

I am not an expert, maybe it is the way mugaupload works, but i want to ask first.

When i click on the second link, i get redicted to the first one :dunno:, i guess it's a thing about the used browser, no idea. But i assume the same as you, that's how Megaupload works, because i can see the same behaviour for other file hosters.

Ah, a quick question: "it breaks savegames": it means the ones I already had or either the new ones I make after?

Is it a solution if i make a backup of the savegames, erase them, install and then paste it?

Because I had many games open, such dunewars or FFH age of ice, and i don' t want to lose all progress...

It means, if you started a game with my mod and WITHOUT the patch before, and you then afterwards patch my mod without finishing the game, you will not be able to load your old savegame with my mod.
It does not affect any other mods or any savegames of the normal game, so no fear at this point :).

PS sorry for my bad english, I' m italian, and here it is late night so I'm a bit tired the more i wrote...

And i'm german, and currently it's 2 o'clock in the night, so we should understand each other perfectly :D ;).

Clear :D

So if I have the patch 3.19 installed before installing the mod there is no problem with the savegames, isn't it?

I have finished downloading the file, ready to install.

Can I suggest that, if you would return to work on this mod, you first watch the movie "Mission to Mars"?

I think it could be very inspirating on which new content could you include.

I would be very pleased if in game, beside terraforming victory there would be another one related to archeology: "Unveil the truth" or similar, consisting in discovering the secrets of Mars. (techincally, improving ALL tiles that hide those secrets, or the biggest ones like the Face)

It would be nice to couple this with Pan-Marsianism civic or similar, and if not all civs could pursue this type of victory, e.g. Nasa cannot (it could have a specular one, "Cover Up", achieved destroyng the evidences by nuke the same tiles).

It would be totally exciting and pretty original for a Civ game, i think.

Pure fun for all conspiracy theorists :D

I think that the more unique victory conditions there are, the better is.

I stop here, don't want to be annoying. IF you will came back on this mod, i will post all suggestions i have.

Great work anyway.

So if I have the patch 3.19 installed before installing the mod there is no problem with the savegames, isn't it?

No, the patch 3.19 is required for playing this mod, and will not work without.
It's about the patches for my mod (linked in the first post), which could cause these problems with older mod saves, so you should install the last patch before you start a game.

And i like the ideas, but like said...:(

Ok, thanks for the hint. :)

In case you change idea, post da news and you'll surely receive immediate feedback from many people. ;)

Have a nice time.

PS: i know this is Very off thread, but in real world it is started the campaign anti-gheddafi (Libic tyrant) leaded by US with UK, France etc...

Do you (Germany) partecipate? We (Italians) had given disponibility of our air bases, some canadian fighters already arrived here.

America has oceans that separate it from its enemies with miles of open seas, we (Italy) are the most near european/coalition country near to Libia... so here it is news number 1 on Tv... and our 1st thought...

Just want to receive a feedback from other coalition countries users, tell me where this things are usually discussed in forum...

Ok, thanks for the hint. :)

In case you change idea, post da news and you'll surely receive immediate feedback from many people. ;)

Have a nice time.

Thanks, you too :). And i'll sure post when i'll be doing something again, but that will not be in the next time.

PS: i know this is Very off thread

For off topic discussions, we have an off topic forum here at civfanatics, so if you are really interested, you should take a look in there ;).

Thanks, you too :). And i'll sure post when i'll be doing something again, but that will not be in the next time.

OK, I will be faithful waiting that day :D

I'm just wishing to know if you would come back sooner or later, or if it is to be decided yet IF you would do...

Anyway, thank to the work you freely did for us all. :goodjob:

For off topic discussions, we have an off topic forum here at civfanatics, so if you are really interested, you should take a look in there ;).

Thanks for the hint & info, I've got an eye on it at time.

But now I'm feeling faaar much more "safe", that was a reaction on the immediate.

So, anyway thanks.

Wouldnt it be great to have a normal civ game that at the very end of the tech tree had the mars exploration tech where you built your ship ,Then once completed The mars now mod content became available on the big red planet... A RACE TO MARS would make a good name .

Is the modder still watching this thread, because I have a problem.

I recently reintalled Civ4 on my new computer and I downloaded and installed this mod on Win7. For some reason, when I try to run the mod from the shortcut, it loads for a minute, then cancels it. I can tell because whenever I go into a fullscreen game, it changes my theme. When I try to load the mod, it switches the theme, then switches it back, as if the mod decided to cancel the loading.

Can you help me diagnose this?

*Edit* Never mind. I need the patch.

I have got mars version 4 and it tells me there is a update but where is it.
This a get mod I love it the only thing sometimes it stops working but if you save it and load the save it works get

I have got mars version 4 and it tells me there is a update but where is it.

It tells you there is an update :confused:? How :confused:?
The latest patch is here :).

This a get mod I love it the only thing sometimes it stops working but if you save it and load the save it works get

:think: oh, strange.
The AI can then probably not handle some of my changes, i guess :/.

And welcome to CFC :) :wavey:.

Top Bottom