[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Still i don't have any idea about the problem from Brownsfan, sorry :(.

RoM does not work. Do you know what I can do?:confused:

Is RoM the only mod which does not work?
Did you try my shortcut?
Do you run Win 7 with administrator rights?

Just to mention: "Mars, Now!" has passed the mark of 8.000 downloads :goodjob:.
Thanks to all who are playing this mod :).

when i try to load mars now through both advanced/load a mod and just pressing the desktop icon instead of loading the mod it will go to a standard screen and up in the corner it says marjet but when i try to go a map the only one available is wbquick save
why isnt it loading properly?

Welcome to CFC :).
Everytime nice to see, that someone registeres here because of my mod :).

Okay, to your question:
- Did you use the installer or the .zip? (you mentioned the desktop icon, so i guess the installer)
- Is the folder really present in your BtS\mods folder? Please check, if the folder is there (should normaly be in C:\Program files\Firaxis Games\civilization\BtS\Mods\ and the name has to be marsjetzt-v03), and if there is folder called "assets" in it (together with some other files, like the marsjetzt-v03.ini).

Then please say, what's in your "marsjetzt-v03" folder?
Something must be in...and if not, i have to find out, why there's nothing in.

Just in case: Do you have Windows Vista/7 and do you use it with administrator rights?
Could be, that not enough rights prevented to extract all the files.

Is RoM the only mod which does not work?
Did you try my shortcut?
Do you run Win 7 with administrator rights?

1) Yes and no, for some reason some mods work, some don't, I think it might depend on what is modded.
2)Yes
3)Yes
:confused:

I don't have a real idea, what's going on.
You say, RoM and GEM do not work, but does any other big mod (FfH2, Rhyse And Fall, Dune Wars, Planetfall, etc) work? I ask, because i think of maybe not enough RAM in your machine...but it's not a very good guess :/.

Rhyse And Fall works, it came with the game. I will get back to you about the others.

You should read the Red Mars books if ur planning to expand it anymore. There's stuff in there I must see in civ

Great mod mann ! I actualy like it better than planetfall. I like the realism the gritty feel of it you just need to keep it going !!!!

Underground water reserves that can be set off by destroying a pump station, flooding the area. That's what it really needs:lol:

Great mod mann ! I actualy like it better than planetfall. I like the realism the gritty feel of it you just need to keep it going !!!!

Thank you :).
The comparison to Planetfall is nice, additionally a big thanks :).

Underground water reserves that can be set off by destroying a pump station, flooding the area. That's what it really needs:lol:

:think: quite nice idea.
Definetly something to think about when i work on my next patch.
Would sure somehow work good together with the lowered terrain, which i plan to add (...i guess, i've planed this for nearly a half year now :().

Just got back to playing this mod. Its even better than I remember (which was a while ago :p)

I'm playing Monarch (which i've successfully beat once) duel Stormhell.

Any tips on the Independence victory (which I really want to try!)

Uh, back the first page :D. And thank you :).

:think: independence...well, i don't really have an advice, besides build some more troops like for a normal culture victory.

Don't forget, that when anybody else will also reach the critical mass for being able to trigger the terrans, they'll get reinforcements, if they are already present.
So when you see, that a small neighbour might reach the conditions soon, you maybe want to hurry a bit in your current war against them.
But if it's early in the war against the terrans, it might be a good idea to let them join.

Well, i've never won a cultural victory (the only one i've never won), and i'm wondering if it should be done differently in Marsjetzt.

Meh... I won by dom.

I think tanks might be a little OPed. They can bombard, and they are really good compared to Rocketeers.

Was domination hard?
I've changed the settings of it a bit to fit more to the mars theme and make it more logical.

The balancing: Will have to look at it.
Did i really give tanks the ability to bombard? Strange.
Can't look at it right now, i don't have Civ here :(, i'll be without any games until next week.

Dom wasn't that hard. In fact, I only had to conquer two South American cities to win dom (I had been pumping Nationality in my other cities, cause i wanted an Independence victory, so I had alot of territory). A good chunk of the map still wasn't settled, either.

But again, this was a Duel sized map.

Also, on tanks bombarding, its Light Tanks that have the ability to Bombard (5%/turn).

Top Bottom