[BTS] *New* Confederate States of America [Modular]

Okay, let me check...
In the .rar file which you can download are 2 other .rar files.
If I unpack the 3D Confederate States of America.rar I get a folder with the same name and an "Assets" folder and an .ini inside it. So it seems to be working. Maybe something went wrong when you unpacked it :dunno:. You should maybe try it again.

Okay, let me check...
In the .rar file which you can download are 2 other .rar files.
If I unpack the 3D Confederate States of America.rar I get a folder with the same name and an "Assets" folder and an .ini inside it. So it seems to be working. Maybe something went wrong when you unpacked it :dunno:. You should maybe try it again.

I will give it another shot... what .rar software do you use... I'm thinking that the free trial version I chose is the culprit.

When I get home tonight I will give her another go... very excited to play this mod :D

Thank you for your help, and I will give an update tonight (around 8PM est).

Man, now I was curious what could be wrong.
-> Please open the .rar file again. Go to "unpack". Then choose the "advanced" tab.
If the option "Don't unpack folder names" (or similar; just translated it by hand) is checked, then please uncheck it, and try it then again.

Man, now I was curious what could be wrong.
-> Please open the .rar file again. Go to "unpack". Then choose the "advanced" tab.
If the option "Don't unpack folder names" (or similar; just translated it by hand) is checked, then please uncheck it, and try it then again.

Downloaded a new rar down-loader and finally got the "Assets" folder, but there is nothing in the assets folder that I can open with notepad.

Edited the "Confederate States.ini" notepad file to reflect "1" and still nothing.

What's in the assets folder itself?

Inside the "Assets" folder is another folder that is titled "Modules", and inside of that there is another folder titled "Confederate States of America", and then another folder that is titled "art" with a bunch of unit skins below it.

The structure looks correct :think:.

mmhh...check the .ini file again, if it's still set to 1.
Because under Vista + 7, changes in the program files folder might get reverted if you don't have admin rights. If this is the case, you'll have to right click on the .ini, then go to "execute as...", and type in the admin password, so that you really can make changes there.

DixieBull:

Sorry you are having problems. Did you change the name of the 3D version by removing the "3D" prefix? From the Readme:

1. The download contains two versions -- the original "2D" version with 2D Leaderheads and a new "3D" version with 3D Leaderheads for Davis and Lee.

2. Unzip and rename the version of your choice by removing the "2D" or "3D" prefix.

Like DixieBull I have been having the same problem. I know this thread is old but I really want to try this confederate mod. I just got Civ4 as i heard in it was superior to 5. I downloaded this mod and followed the insructions to the letter, deleting 3D and even checked to see if the files had the assets etc. It all looks right. I checked the ini file and this is what is in there:

[CONFIG]

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Confederate States of America

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

The mod seems to load fine but the confederacy does not show up in the options for a civilization. I get nothing.

This looks to be a wonderful mod. Its quite a shame that the Download is broken/ nonexistent. Does anyone have a copy? I quite like how all the uniforms are grey.

Top Bottom