[BTS] *New* Confederate States of America [Modular]

I don't trust my (lack of) skill in that regard. I really do have fun with the rifleman UU though.

Remember too that rail changed the way troops were moved to the front for the first time so in that sense the Stonewall Brigade (Rifle with Moral) works.
However, the movement carries over to Infantry. If it were a Cavalry unit with the Mobility promotion then the carry over to Gunships would not matter.

Perhaps rename the UU 'Foot Cavalry'? It's a little less specific than 'Stonewall Brigade'

The defining feature is the rapid and surprising marches, both tactically and operationally, at least the Army of Northern Virginia was known for stealing the march and being where they weren't supposed to be. And Lee's AoNV is what everyone thinks of when they think JohnnyReb. Even if the war was largely won out West and decided in Georgia by Sherman.

Let's just agree to disagree on the history. Your praise for the performance of the Confederate cavalry in the face of overwhelming Union advantages in manpower, equipment and provisions is entirely valid. But, of course, the very same can be said of the Confederate infantry. And, ultimately, it was the Confederate infantry - the "Foot Cavalry" that out-marched and surprised the Yankees at Second Manassas and Chancellorsville and the Wilderness - that kept the South in the war.

I'm having a problem installing the mod... I downloaded it, and installed in the mod folder on my computer and while the mod loads the Confederacy is not an option... what am I missing?

Finally got the mod to show up, but all the graphics are missing. No pics of the leaderheads, buildings, or the new unique unit.

I've been away for awhile and just saw these posts. Sorry you guys are having trouble.

I just downloaded the mod from the link and installed it according to the instructions in the Readme and everything worked fine. I suspect the problem is that you didn't rename the mod folder by removing the "2D" or "3D" prefix.

As explained in the Readme, the download contains two versions -- the original "2D" version with 2D Leaderheads and a new "3D" version with 3D Leaderheads for Davis and Lee. Unzip and rename the version of your choice by removing the "2D" or "3D" prefix. In other words, the folder you put in your BTS/Mods folder should be named "Confederate States of America" -- with the "2D" or "3D" prefix removed.

If you look inside your mod folder now, I suspect you'll find two Config files. If you don't rename the folder to remove the "2D" or "3D" prefix, the game creates a new Config file to match the folder name when you first load the mod, but the mod name in that Config file won't match the mod name in the rest of the files. I suspect that's why the mod is loading but not showing up in the game -- the Config file is confused about the name of the mod.

So download the mod again from the link in the first post, choose the 2D or 3D version and unzip it, then rename the folder to "Confederate States of America" by removing the prefix, and put it in your BTS/Mods folder.

It should work just fine.

Happy Holidays!

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot. Looks really nice too.

I'm completely new to the world of modding. Will this work without the Beyond the Sword expansion pack? What about on Mac?

Edit: Never mind. Just realized BTS stands for Beyond the Sword

Now this might be considered a double-what-if, but I was thinking up ideas for some "just for fun" moduels for my mod. Things like the CSA, Atlantis, the Soviet Union, Pirates, etc. and I started reskinning some what-if units for the Confederacy. I'm not finished, and I probably won't continuously work on this but I' can easily finish this within a couple of weeks (depending on how busy I am), but would you be interested in some Confederate-flavored medieval units? They are based on the American medieval units that Zerver/Wolfshanze made. I'll post an image of the NifSkope view of the Knight I reskinned. Its a little sloppy, but just imagine it a little cleaned up, and with maybe some gold added to it.

*DELETED*

Got things to working thanks to a little searching.

Awesome mod... now I just have to find a way to include the Hunley in there. ;)

Top Bottom