BTS North Atlantic- 18 civs (124x51)

I suppose then maybe the Byzantine Empire should be removed too? .... just think of HRE as the Austrians or something

DLed v.1 to see if I can use it for a Transatlantic scenario.;) (Noticed v. 2 isn't in the DL Database yet?):confused:

I don't expect you to make any additional modifications since it's been a while since you worked on this. But I just had to get this off my chest:

* Since this is a historical scenario rather than modern day, I feel Finland should be represented by Turku rather than Helsinki. Turku was the capital of Finland (and the most important city) in historical times, and Helsinki only became notable in the 1800s when the Russians made it the capital. I realize the map isn't intended to be 100% historically accurate, but still, I feel there would be no harm done in using Turku instead of Helsinki.

* Nidaros is the old name for Trondheim, which is on the Atlantic coast of Norway. I would either move Nidaros to the Atlantic coast of Norway or, if for best gameplay the city is better to have where it is now, I'd rather it be named Stockholm.

* What are the Celts doing in Hungary? If you can't fit them in England because of the English, I'd rather they be placed in Ireland then, which at least has some Celts.

As I said, I don't expect you to change the map anymore at this point, I just needed to get these off my chest. Thanks. :)

Foremost; I know nothing of the history of Finland, thus I used Helsinki, and now when I look at my preferred city placement I'd still rather use the square where Helsinki should be...

Secondly; I know about the Viking names and if you look at a map you'd notice Trondheim would not be found realistically placed on my map, thus i went with the Stockholm area and just plain forgot to change the name...

Lastly; if you need to get all technical and historical the Celts should be in France, but since both France and England are taken, Ireland is unfairly small and Civ has no Hungarian or other civ from that region I placed the Celts there to make game play a little more even

super map, just what I was looking for.
do anyone know how to convert this to the
"rise of mankind" mod
that would be great

That should be an excellent map! I will try it right away!

Edit: Oh heck, I guess I just raised the dead here... oops

I've edit your v1.0 map a bit, remove starting cities, give setler + warior/scout, and two starting techs. everything as in default games. All credits goes to map maker, the job I've done is nothing comparing to create whole map.

edit: new version with Catherine as russian leader
I need to bump this thread. I find this map to be really well balanced in terms of land and resources and interesting to play.

Top Bottom