[BTS: RFC] The Islamic World of Arabia (and Beyond)

trexeric

(or backwards 'cirexert')
Hello, everyone. I am new here. And I would like to share with you a story...

The Islamic World of Arabia (and Beyond)

(Please notice: I AM NOT an expert in gameplay, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, this is on viceroy)

Chapter 1: The Beginning

As the Arab people settled down to found Makkah, a man was born. Muhammad, a normal citizen, proposed a crazy idea that there is just one god, and HE is that god's messenger. This crazy idea formed into a religion, Islam. The entire Arabian peninsula came under this influence, and they joined the Makkan City-State. This included Sana'a, and Al-Qahirah.

One city, called Heirusalem, refused to give in to Muslim influence. This led to war between the Byzantine Empire and the Muslim city-states.

Now, the ruler of Makkah reunited the Arabian peoples to become a Caliphate, not a group of city-states.

Soon, Heirusalem came under the Arabs. So did a land called Persia, and another called Inda. The Arabs have discovered warfare, and that realize war is the only way to spread Islam. Baghdad was built somewhere in this bloodshed, and another settler was being sent to the other side of Byzantine North Africa. North Africa is now being eyed by the power-hungry Arab Caliphate...

"Give me a map, slave!" screamed the new Caliph, Al-Makkadi. Makkadi's slave gives him a map.

"What is the light green circling our cities?" asked Makkadi.

"Our borders," said the slave.

"What about the dark green line running from Makkah to the middle of the Sahara?" asked Makkadi

"Our settling mission," said the slave "The black on the peninsula are barbarian tribes that refused to except Islam. The in Asia is those heathen Confectionists and Taosists. The gray is, of course those Byzantines."

"Well done. You will not be executed today," said Makkadi.

Tomorrow's chapter: Siege of Byzantine North Africa

Sounds good. Keep it up!

I'll follow this. RFC is the best way to play. Do you plan to go for the UHV or another victory. Arabia's very good at all victory conditions. It appears you're looking UHV if you're going west instead of east. For non-UHV there are a lot of poorly defended cities in the east.

i would say get into India ASAP (sometimes i think i sound like a broken record :D) if vanilla is much like DoC it will have lots of juicy workers that can improve your infrastructure.

Good luck. I like stories that take time to read, and this is high quality. Have fun playing, writing and reading our comments :)

Chapter 2: The Siege of Byzantine North Africa

Capitals of Arabia:

Makkah: Capital of the Arabian Empire; Birthplace of Muhammad

Baghdad: Capital of Mesopotamian Arabia

Al-Qahira: Capital of Egyptian Arabia

Shiraz: Capital of Arabian-Occupied Persia

Delhi: Capital of Arabian-Occupied India

Tunis: Capital of Arab North Africa; Plague of the Byzantines in Arabian-claimed North Africa.

As soon as Tunis was founded, the army marched into Byzantine North Africa. Their first city fell to the Arab armies, but the Arabians suffered, for they lost all swordsmen in North Africa.

The new city was renamed Tarabulus. (For Makkadi's son, Tarabu)

Makkadi soon died, leaving the throne to Tarabu. Tarabu ordered several camel archers to Baghdad from Arabian-Occupied India. The goal was to burn any large Byzantine cities close to Arabian borders in Mesopotamia, like Alexandretta.

The mission was successful! However Tarabu died in battle. No one was left to be Caliph. A man from Baghdad named Saladin took up power. Saladin captured North Africa for the Arabians. However HE soon died to. Saladin's brother, Aladdin, took up power. Aladdin was a cruel man, and he forced all the men in Tunis - half the population in the city - to work for the army and become camel archers. The Saharan Peoples hated this leader, so they killed much of his army. Bangazi was razed in this fight.

Arabia will never be the same...

Tomorrow's chapter: Spain and other parts of Europe

PS: Can anyone tell me how to get units to Spain? I never can - and that's my only downfall in the UHV (Which is my goal).

Chapter 3: Spain and Other Parts of Europe

Aladdin died, and his nephew, Ali-Baba, took the throne.

Ali-Baba planned to take Spain - a land on a different continent - for he wanted to banish all Roman Catholicism within the Arabian map. Ali-Baba banished Jews to Tunis, where they lived in small communities.

Spain settled in North Africa, angering Ali-Baba even more. Soon, Spaniards claimed the entire West African subcontinent, calling the area 'Spanish West Africa' and letting a governor, Mansa Musa, control it.

Around this time, Arabia also came in contact with France and the Netherlands - two other European Christians. The Dutch gave Arabia a new map - showing the Islamic World Christian Cities.

Ali-Baba ordered invasion of this so-called 'Iberian Peninsula' in 1200. An extra operations force was sent into Spanish North Africa.

Ali-Baba was assassinated before his war results revealed.

The two camel archers sent into mainland Spain burned a coastal city, then where killed by Spanish defense. The special operations crew, however, came back with positive news. Spanish North Africa was now the Arabian State of Algeria. A small victory, but Arabia had bigger problem - Who would be the new Caliph?

Icaria posted first and so gets to be caliph :p

Chapter 4: The New 'Caliph'

As the peasants fought over who was to be Caliph, the 12 High Priests gathered in Makkah to discuss matters.

"We must spread our faith to newer lands!" said an Islamic Priest.

"Remember, a boat is being built in Makkah as we speak," said a Hindu Priest, "be patient."

"True, true..." said the high Jewish Priest. "However, let's talk about the elephant in the room. Who is to be Caliph?"

"MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD BE A BETTER CALIPH THAN ANYONE ELSE HERE!" screamed an angry Hindu Priest.

"Calm down..." said a Buddhist Priest. "Remember, only a Muslim can be Caliph anyway, your grandma is Hindu."

"Let's do it this way," said an Islamic Priest, "the 6 Islamic Priests in the room govern different aspects of life, military, interior, religion, espionage, foreign, and research. The six non-Islamic priests, govern their own holy temple."

"May I govern Tunis?" asked a Jewish Priest. "The population is mainly Jewish..."

"No," said the Islamic Priest. "That would be giving you too many rights as a non-Muslim. Whomever may be the religious adviser shalt send a missionary to Tunis as soon as possible. I shall be the military adviser. Muslims, fight among yourselves who to be which adviser. Non-Muslims, leave."

Now the question is 'who to be which adviser?'

Top Bottom