World War 3

Funny all the whining about “holding grudges” that happens when talking about anything except Israel.

Of course the other element is that grudges are usually held by losers, which goes to show the overall ethic of the western civilization crowd is “hurt and kill people and take their stuff and then mock them for being upset about it.” That US collapse is really going to suck for some people, but in the end it’s hilarious and good.

Funny all the whining about “holding grudges” that happens when talking about anything except Israel.

Of course the other element is that grudges are usually held by losers, which goes to show the overall ethic of the western civilization crowd is “hurt and kill people and take their stuff and then mock them for being upset about it.” That US collapse is really going to suck for some people, but in the end it’s hilarious and good.
Isn't your country planning to assault Taiwan, bullying Philippines and Vietnam, opressing and plundering Tibet and genociding Uyghurs? That's a whole lot of sins for a country with victim complex.

Not mentioning a development entirely built on technology apropation, industrial espionage and product falsification. Stealing in a word.

By the way these comments are the symptoms of why I think the West should be more assertive of its interests. You provide preferential treatment to nations, you help them get out of poverty, integrate them into to the international order, they feign cooperation, but they will jump at you the moment they feel a bit stronger (e.g. Russia, China). Containment is actually the clever choice.

Does this also apply to Hungary?

IMHO Progress is not a constant growth, it is a neverending struggle and competition.

Corporations do not get rich by spreading humanity, and the electoral cycle of democratic countries hardly allows long-term strategic planning.

Don't forget that even in PRC and Mordor there were people sincerely trying to make their countries better. They just lost or became corrupted by power.
In some countries they won. South Korea or Taiwan have not been model democracies either.

Isn't your country planning to assault Taiwan, bullying Philippines and Vietnam, opressing and plundering Tibet and genociding Uyghurs? That's a whole lot of sins for a country with victim complex.
It's extremely funny that you think "her country" is China. You've got her there, I'm sure!

Anyhow, now do the US' list! Go on. I know you have it in you. You know, instead of cheerleading US interventionism because they're "the best the world has to offer" 🙃

It's extremely funny that you think "her country" is China. You've got her there, I'm sure!

Anyhow, now do the US' list! Go on. I know you have it in you. You know, instead of cheerleading US interventionism because they're "the best the world has to offer" 🙃

I guess I can write as many caveats like: "The US has done a lot of awful things as well (where should I start, South America, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam war etc.).", trying to signal I acknowledge the sins of the West/US, you will still categorize me into your little silo and will give a low quality knee-jerk reaction you just demonstrated.
? Maybe you should print it and pin it on the fridge.

Yeah, it's pretty much better than what any of you can offer.

Last edited:
Isn't your country planning to assault Taiwan, bullying Philippines and Vietnam, oppressing and plundering Tibet and genociding Uyghurs? That's a whole lot of sins for a country with victim complex.
It's different when tankies do it.

Moderator Action: Let's not go down that path. Thanks. Birdjaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
? Maybe you should print it at pin it on the fridge.

Yeah, it's pretty much better than what any of you can offer.
Not good enough I'm afraid. If the sins of the US can magically be handwaved away because you believe they're ultimately a positive influence, then others can do the same for other countries. It stops being the gotcha you want it to be.

Not good enough I'm afraid. If the sins of the US can magically be handwaved away because you believe they're ultimately a positive influence, then others can do the same for other countries. It stops being the gotcha you want it to be.
Yeah, exactly. You can tell these guys don’t get out much because you can actually go out into the world and meet people and see that this is obviously the case. There are plenty of people from China you can talk to who will talk about the violence the US has actually done, and if you try to bring up what China is planning to do, get mocked viciously for not understanding that surrounding a country with military bases actually is a form of provocation.

Reminds me of an ad from a politician I admired when I was younger before I realized it was just another wing of white supremacist exceptionalism. Even so great ad and I love the message.

You gotta love how the foreign base is Chinese or Russian too. Like boy that’d be scary wouldn’t it? I guess that’s probably why people the world are afraid of us. Oh but when we do it it’s the best and it’s freedom. Clearly this is just self congratulation. In the big picture all empires do this. But isn’t the point of the post WW2 order that we can have international law and sovereignty for all people? The fact it’s the west deciding these things are no longer desirable or even necessary reflects that the “helping” the countries of the world they pillaged was always in bad faith. And people see this. And people remember.

If I say "yes, exactly", will people stop attempting to whatabout the US' actions with the actions of other countries?

More when you criticize USA and turn a blind eye or make excuses for your favorite tankie country.

Moderator Action: Please no more "tankiness." Birdjaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like what's China doing to Philippines and several other SEA countries?
Or that the US has done to everyone, including China, the Philippines, and several other SEA countries, yes. The US in particular has an especially fraught relationship with a lot of countries there. You see that's why ASEAN is a thing. And I'm pro-ASEAN, believe it or not. But I also recognize ASEAN's role here is caught in the middle between a fading hegemon that might try to take the world down with it, and China, which has much fewer foreign military bases and bombs than the U.S. That could change but then that would be a change. And change is perhaps inevitable. But we can talk about the problems of the Chinese hegemony when they're the hegemon, if that ever happens, and instead of have opinions about facts strive to understand the nature of things as they actually are.

More when you criticize USA and turn a blind eye or make excuses for your favorite tankie country.
That wasn't what was going on though? Someone was praising the US, and I (and Crezth) responded to that.

You're a fan of calling out whataboutism. Don't turn a blind eye just because some lefties are involved ;)

But we can talk about the problems of the Chinese hegemony when they're the hegemon, if that ever happens, and instead of have opinions about facts strive to understand the nature of things as they actually are.
What is your position on China's ongoing expansion to control most/all of the South China Sea and its claim to Taiwan?

taiwan and China share the claim . Unless the pressures of US Elections require it to be annulled .

Taiwan surely do not claim South China Sea?

taiwan claims to own China much in the sense China claims to own Taiwan , result of a Civil War put on hold for a while . If something was to happen and Taiwan was to take control you would be surprised to discover the territorial demands would very much be the same .

Top Bottom